• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
katiephd

Hudler Interviewed by Radio Prague

Rate this topic

http://www.radio.cz/en/article/105000

“It was unbelievable – it was the best time of my life. The whole playoffs was great, you know, just a great feeling. It was a great experience and now I understand why those guys like Draper, Lidstrom, Maltby, McCarty [Detroit team-mates] were so hungry for it.”

How did you celebrate?

“We celebrated in Detroit – there was a million and a half people, it was great, it was unbelievable…”

There was some kind of parade?

“Yeah, it was a parade, 1.5 million people. It was unbelievable – a great experience.”

What would you say you learned from winning the Stanley Cup, and winning it so young?

“It was such a great feeling – you get even hungrier. I’m glad I experienced it at this age.”

When are you bringing the Stanley Cup to the Czech Republic? Or rather when is the Stanley Cup coming to you?

“It’s coming on August 4 and it’s going to be exciting. The whole town where I grew up and where I live now is so excited for me. I’m going to try to do everything to show them the cup. They can touch it and, you know, get the experience that I did.”

Finally, you of course played with Dominik Hašek. What was it like playing with him, and how long before he announced his retirement did you learn that he was going to quit?

“Actually, I didn’t know – I got a text message the night before from our PR guy saying, he’ll be glad if you are there. It surprised me a little bit but it’s his decision. He’s a legend, he’s a living legend, probably the best goalie who ever played, and I’ve got so much respect for him.”

I love the, "There was some kind of parade?" Uh, yeah, you could say that...

http://www.radio.cz/en/article/105000

I love the, "There was some kind of parade?" Uh, yeah, you could say that...

Something the Ducks never could.

How many people did they get out for their celebration? Oh that's right, 15,000. What a great hockey market!!!

There were more people in our parade than what the Ducks drew! LOL!

Something the Ducks never could.

How many people did they get out for their celebration? Oh that's right, 15,000. What a great hockey market!!!

There were more people in our parade than what the Ducks drew! LOL!

i would hope so <_<

I like Brian Rafalski's comment on the parade: "This is better than the parking lot parties we had in Jersey"