• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 sdogg1m

sdogg1m

Determination!

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:52 PM

I just watched half of the game five third period and the electricity of the crowd and team after Rafalski scored his goal is the best I have seen ever at the JLA.

Post if you remember a play that might have been better.

#2 Redwingsfan18

Redwingsfan18

Enemies, then teammates, now enemies again for the next 12 years

• Silver Booster
  • 404 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 03:59 PM

When Yzerman scored in double OT in game 7 against St. Louis in 96, that was loud.

Or, better yet, when they won the cup in 97 and 02...the instants the goal horn sounded it erupted with more energy.

But yeah Raffy's goal was wild and had the place rockin for sure
In Kenny I trust.

#3 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:16 PM

How 'bout:

Game 6 of the 1997 WCF, when we beat Colorado for the first time.
McCarty's Goal in Game 4 of the 1997 Final.
The 3rd Period comeback in Game 2 of the 1998 Final.
The 7-0 Game 7 in the 2002 WCF.
Shanny's empty net goal to seal the 2002 Cup.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#4 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:21 PM

Game 5 of the Nashville series this season- Franzen in OT. biggrin.gif
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#5 FischerFan1973

FischerFan1973

Never Give up Hope!!!!

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:25 PM

I have to agree with the Game 5 - Rafalski's goal. yowza.gif biggrin.gif I was there and it was truely amazing! I had to wait to cheer until I know for sure it was a goal since we've had too many of them disallowed.

#6 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 04:39 PM

I loved that goal!! Not only did The Joe go nuts, but he seemed ecstatic too. Raffy's eyebrows were half way up his head yowza.gif
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#7 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:20 PM

Yes i was in attendance for raf's game 5 goal and i do agree it was the most excited i have been and have seen the joe...raf was jumping up and down on the ice, it was crazy

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#8 FischerFan1973

FischerFan1973

Never Give up Hope!!!!

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 05:29 PM

Other than the outcome of that game, Game 5 was the best game I had ever gone to. Yzerman Night is was the best game before but that was more about Yzerman then the game that followed.

#9 sdogg1m

sdogg1m

Determination!

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 09:53 PM

The 7-0 Game 7 in the 2002 WCF

I think this feeling was more of a "I can't believe this is happening." Most people were elated too but the game was over by the end of the 1st period which was totally unexpected.

Edited by sdogg1m, 11 June 2008 - 09:54 PM.

#10 wingedone

wingedone

Prospect

• 45 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:32 AM

Steve Yzerman's introduction before game 3, 1997 SCF.

I remember Mitch Albom saying how the roof of the joe was raised off it's hinges. My video of the game still gives me goosebumps.

OBTW, agree with those above as well.

The 3rd Period comeback in Game 2 of the 1998 Final.

I loved ole Dougie Brown. And Gary Thorn screaming his name. LOL. I miss Gary Thorn!

Edited by wingedone, 12 June 2008 - 08:35 AM.

#11 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:57 AM

I was at Game five and when Rafalski scored, my wife and I were starting to wonder if the ground was going to collapse under us. It was so damn loud and the ground was literally shaking. It literally felt like it was moving an inch or so up an down for the first 10-15 seconds after the goal. That was a phenomenal third period to see until the last 40 seconds.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#12 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:07 AM

I was at Game 2 of the SCF against Carolina, the wings were down 1-0 in the 3rd period, and the crowd was extremely loud. They were chanting GO RED, GO WHITE I think, and then Draper scored (I think) and the crowd went Apes***. Then the wings scored again to go up 2-1 within like 2-3 minutes and the place was on fire.
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

#13 PROBIE4PREZ

PROBIE4PREZ

In Holland I trust.

• PipPipPip
  • 740 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:15 AM

Edited by PROBIE4PREZ, 12 June 2008 - 09:17 AM.

"I mean, the best thing for my knee, for anyone's knee, is to never play again and retire. But I'm not going to do that." o-captain my captain

#14 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:19 AM

QUOTE (sdogg1m @ June 11, 2008 - 03:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I just watched half of the game five third period and the electricity of the crowd and team after Rafalski scored his goal is the best I have seen ever at the JLA.

Post if you remember a play that might have been better.

The crowd went absolutely insane after that goal. Even though the end result of the game was devastating I have watched that goal so many times now, purely because of the crowd. So, so loud.

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#15 McCartyFanForLife

McCartyFanForLife

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,167 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:25 AM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ June 12, 2008 - 10:19AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The crowd went absolutely insane after that goal. Even though the end result of the game was devastating I have watched that goal so many times now, purely because of the crowd. So, so loud.

Yeah, I was at Game 5 and after Rafalski scored, it was the loudest I've ever heard any arena. My brother was sitting right next to me and I had to yell into his ear for him to hear me.

Even though they lost the game, I'm proud to say I went: Longest Stanley Cup for Wings in history and 5th longest Stanley Cup game. Nothing bad about those stats biggrin.gif

#16 HELLDOGSbmx

HELLDOGSbmx

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 432 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:54 PM

a part of game 5 i really enjoyed was late in the third, during a break in play, the PA played Journey's "Don't Stop Believing". The play started right after the line "Just a city boy..." and even though the PA stopped the whole crowd went "born and raised in south detroit!". So awesome! Loudest i have heard the Joe in awhile. On TV at least...

#17 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:08 PM

Just have to say:

I LOVED DOUG BROWN!!!!

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE!!!

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock

#18 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,922 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:47 PM

I'm not taking anything away from Rafalski's goal, but after thinking about it, I think the loudest I've heard the Joe on tv (never been to a playoffs game, and not counting when Yzerman lifted the Cup on home ice) was the entire 3rd period of Game 2 of the 1998 Final vs. Washington.

Just incase you weren't a fan then, or old enough to remember, we were up in the series 1-0, but down 3-1 in the game going into the 3rd:
-Yzerman made it 3-2 on a Short Handed Goal 5 minutes into the period.
-30 seconds later Washington scored on the PP to make it 4-2.
-A few minutes later Lapointe scored to make it 4-3.
-A few minutes after that Tikannen deked Osgood like crazy and had an open net. He tried to slide the puck in the net, but it went wide.
-A few more minutes after that, Brown tied the game, 4-4.
-We continued to pressure Kolzig. At one point late in the period, Kolzig made a save, the whistle blew, and with a pile of people in front of the net, the puck somehow slid it. It was no goal since the whistle blew a few seconds earlier, but the place went nuts thinking we went ahead.

We ended up winning the game 5-4 when Draper scored 15 minutes into OT.

Yea, that 3rd period goes down as the loudest I've ever heard the Joe on tv.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#19 deker

deker

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 01:55 PM

You have to feel bad for Rafalski a bit though. If the Wings had held on in regulation, that would have easily been on of the top goals ever scored in JLA. Imagine, local boy comes home to play for the team he grew up cheering and scores the Cup winning goal in dramatic fashion.

#20 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:50 PM

QUOTE (Aussie_Wing @ June 12, 2008 - 10:19AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same! I went absolutely nuts on that one.

....in my living room. hehe.gif

Don't Toews me, bro!