• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeytownRules19

McLellan to be named Sharks' head coach

Rate this topic

I'm happy for him but at the same time, I don't like someone who knows so much about our team going to Sharks. If he can get the Sharks going in right direction next season, I will really really hate him.

Joining the Sharks organization is just about as bad as joining the Ducks.

Hardly. The Sharks have a fantastic team that, in all honesty, should have won at least one Cup by now -- and I think most of the blame for that falls on Wilson's shoulders. Unlike the Ducks, they don't rely on brutality and enormous goalie pads to win games; they're just a very talented squad. Moreover, I think you'd be surprised by how supportive their local fanbase is -- and all throughout the season, not just when their team is deep in the playoffs (see bandwagon SoCal fans).

Behind that bench is a great place to be. It's a huge step for Todd, and I wish him nothing but the best -- except when he's facing us, of course. :cool:

I don't like a great coach like McLellan going to a team that has under-achieved as much as San Jose has. They're going to be a dangerous squad.

It was only a matter of time before we lost him, and what an opportunity! Jobs don't usually open up on a team with that much talent. Best of luck to him, but not against us.

2566972600_ca1c242bd7.jpg

He probably said "Eff this, I'm going to a team that will spell my name correctly!"

I don't like a great coach like McLellan going to a team that has under-achieved as much as San Jose has. They're going to be a dangerous squad.

It was only a matter of time before we lost him, and what an opportunity! Jobs don't usually open up on a team with that much talent. Best of luck to him, but not against us.

2566972600_ca1c242bd7.jpg

He probably said "Eff this, I'm going to a team that will spell my name correctly!"

:lol:

Conratulations to Todd, but it sucks to lose his experience as an assistant. San Jose is going to be a dangerous team next year with all those weapons and now great coaching. It's going to be very interesrting their paths meet ours this post season.

Only one thing left to do now:

Bring back Kocur!!!!!

Well best of luck to him.

Kinda wish he would have stayed, but as Babcock would say, it's a tribute to the people in this organization that an assistent coach such as McLellan was able to beat out so many big names (Quennville, Burns, Tortorella, Crawford, Maurice, etc.) for arguably the most coveted coaching vacancy in this offseason.

Awww, good for him, but I'll miss watching him whisper gossipy secrets about our opposition to Babs during the games! :lol:

Like many people said above me, best of luck to him, except against us!

And what does Babcock have to say?

He's more than prepared to be a head coach in the league. (Fellow assistant) Paul MacLean is the same way. We'll find some other workaholic that loves hockey and hire him.

-- http://www.mlive.com/redwings/index.ssf/20..._as_head_c.html

Have I mentioned that I love Babs? Yeah, I have. But it's worth mentioning again. :)

Edited by katiephd

A friend just suggested Larry Murphy might get the nod. My initial reaction was laughter, but now that I think about it....

Murph is actually a really smart guy, wouldnt mind him at all. Problem is MacLean would probably switch from defence to offence and let Murphy do the defence.

Well best of luck to him.

Kinda wish he would have stayed, but as Babcock would say, it's a tribute to the people in this organization that an assistent coach such as McLellan was able to beat out so many big names (Quennville, Burns, Tortorella, Crawford, Maurice, etc.) for arguably the most coveted coaching vacancy in this offseason.

That's a good point.

This just shows why it's easier to get to the top than stay there.

Guest DetroitBoy313

LOL...I find this kind of funny because if you read Doug Wilson's quote it's like he's hoping some that "Red Wing" knowledge will rub off on the Sharks.Can't blame him though.