• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 10:15 PM

We have a thread like this on another forum that I am on, where people can post some avatars or sigs that you are working on and need help with or some suggestions. I know I get stuck sometimes on what I should add or do to something I am working on. Please be honest and helpful. Please also dont add something or change another persons work unless they ask you to.

this is one I made awhile ago, but I think it is missing someting, I just cant figure out what, any suggestions would be great!

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

#2 TheCaptain19

TheCaptain19

LGW member since 00'

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,171 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:44 PM

i think the image of him making a save should be from the front, that way you can add another of a closer shot of his name from behind. or, just make the image you have from behind larger in the frame. my two cents..

#3 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

Maybe some text...overall I think it's really good

Posted Image

#4 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 11 June 2008 - 11:51 PM

I love it the way it is, honestly. I wish I could use it. LOL

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#5 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 12:39 AM

QUOTE (TheCaptain19 @ June 12, 2008 - 12:44AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think the image of him making a save should be from the front, that way you can add another of a closer shot of his name from behind. or, just make the image you have from behind larger in the frame. my two cents..

I will have to try that smile.gif

QUOTE (Offsides @ June 12, 2008 - 12:45AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Maybe some text...overall I think it's really good

I tried adding some, I couldnt get it to work right haha wrong colors wrong size wrong font....

QUOTE (Electrophile @ June 12, 2008 - 12:51AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I love it the way it is, honestly. I wish I could use it. LOL

haha. Well if you want you can use it smile.gif

everyone feel free to post your things. This really took off on the other site, and I think its a cool way to improve and work on our stuff

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

#6 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:27 AM

Yeah, I get what you're saying about text. When I work on something again I'll post. I agree that it's a great idea for a thread.

Posted Image

#7 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:34 AM

QUOTE (wingnut22 @ June 12, 2008 - 01:39AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
haha. Well if you want you can use it smile.gif

Thank you. I appreciate that. smile.gif

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#8 DatsMyWings13

DatsMyWings13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 02:24 PM

So I would like opinions on my sig as it is the first one I've made. Thank your for your feed back in advance.

#9 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 27 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

QUOTE (DatsMyWings13 @ June 27, 2008 - 03:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So I would like opinions on my sig as it is the first one I've made. Thank your for your feed back in advance.

for a first try that is really good. what program are you using? I would only suggest a few things maybe adding a border, just one pixel black all the way around? and also the cut outs of dats are a little rough on the edges, I still have problems with that its a pain!

Posted Image

#10 DatsMyWings13

DatsMyWings13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 28 June 2008 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (wingnut22 @ June 27, 2008 - 10:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
for a first try that is really good. what program are you using? I would only suggest a few things maybe adding a border, just one pixel black all the way around? and also the cut outs of dats are a little rough on the edges, I still have problems with that its a pain!

I use Gimp because it's free. Thanks for the suggestions, I really like the idea of adding a border.

#11 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 02 August 2008 - 11:59 PM

not a sig or an avatar tongue.gif but I made this up earlier and wanted to see what you guys thought of it. nothing fancy at all but I enjoy it. inspired by my gum package haha laugh.gif

Posted Image

#12 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 12:02 AM

QUOTE (wingnut22 @ August 3, 2008 - 12:59AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
not a sig or an avatar tongue.gif but I made this up earlier and wanted to see what you guys thought of it. nothing fancy at all but I enjoy it. inspired by my gum package haha laugh.gif

that could so be a myspace layout. lol.

#13 TeeMan

TeeMan

Victory will be Hockeytown

• PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 03 August 2008 - 08:08 PM

QUOTE (wingnut22 @ August 2, 2008 - 10:59PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it was Red and white it would be a 10. But you get a 9.5.tongue.gif

Nice stuff.

My best of the day. So far.wink.gif

#14 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:22 PM

finally made a new sig, but not sure whether i want to leave it as is, or add in some simple things to it.

#15 TeeMan

TeeMan

Victory will be Hockeytown

• PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 04 August 2008 - 05:26 PM

QUOTE (redwingslady87 @ August 4, 2008 - 04:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
finally made a new sig, but not sure whether i want to leave it as is, or add in some simple things to it.

I like. All I would do is fade the bottom of Huds. To Blend it in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users