• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2008 NHL Awards Ceremony Thread (GDT)

Rate this topic

That much gel, and I suspect he's got some serious cowlick issues. If that's the case, if you don't go very short or let it go long enough to put in a ponytail, you end up in Kerry Fraserland in terms of product overuse.

Those two guys on the NHL Network are gonna get a good ribbing tomorrow. Hradek said it would be Henrik, LaGreca said Madden. You were BOTH wrong, suckers! Take that!

How wonderful and sweet it was to see Gordie get a Lifetime Achievement honor. What a lovely and sweet man he is, and so deserving.

All in all not a bad night! WOO HOO for Pasha!!!!!!!!!!!

8856e7a7c5ab19247944fbc84ceae5e5-getty-79930546mh018_2008_nhl_awar.jpg

phewwwwwIEEEE is she hot.

:thumbup::thumbup:

aw! they're such an attractive couple!

She's attractive, and also wearing a dress made out of IKEA kitchen curtains. And he needs to shave and figure out a haircut that lets him lay off the hair gel a little.

haha..nice to see you've become an equal opportunity style critic of lgw. :) (also, yeah, that dress really does remind me of something straight out of the ikea catalog)

I want to get a translation of any Pasha and Ovie joint press discussion with the Russian language media. Because I suspect that once you get the two of them feeding off of each other in an interview that it gets really interesting and funny.

I personally wouldn't change a thing. He's so freaking hot!

He's just fine the way he is!! As far as her dress, that's just the style out now, especially that color. What a HOT couple!

Ironic, the team that sucked it up the first half of the year and storm into the playoffs only to lose in the first round gets the coach of the year, while the team that was the best team in the league throughout the year and wins the Stanley Cup gets the shaft....

Stupid me, I didn't realize the awards were on Versus...and turn to the NHLN to watch Hasek give up two goals in 9 seconds.

Are they playing all the Wings games or something over there?

Stupid me, I didn't realize the awards were on Versus...and turn to the NHLN to watch Hasek give up two goals in 9 seconds.

ooh! i just noticed your new sig! very nice, sir. very nice!

Odd I get some huge lovefest for Cindy on VS.....but it might be because I get CBC...

Awesome, Dats and Ovie cleaned up with their awards tonight. Kudos. It's pretty cool that Dats is turning into a pretty high chance of winning an award or two every year. Nick will be glad to have some company in that "annual winner" category. :P

Odd I get some huge lovefest for Cindy on VS.....but it might be because I get CBC...

same here. it's disgusting.

i just switched it to cbc. they seem to be showing more stuff than the vs feed did.

Ironic, the team that sucked it up the first half of the year and storm into the playoffs only to lose in the first round gets the coach of the year, while the team that was the best team in the league throughout the year and wins the Stanley Cup gets the shaft....

Well, he was the assistant coach to start the year. When the Caps got off to a 6-14-1 start and were in the cellar, they fired the head coach and gave Boudreau the position. He went 37-17-7 and got them the division title and the #3 seed. I'm not terribly upset about it, but I do think Babs deserved it.

You do realize the 'sucked it up' part of the season was with Glen Hanlon behind the bench, right? You do know that the 'turnaround' happened after Boudreau replaced him?

It's not like Boudreau was at the helm all year; the Caps went 37-17-7 under Boudreau. That's a 50-23-9 record projected over 82 games; good enough to get them the first seed in the East and second overall if they had played at that level all year. Most people did not expect the Caps' roster to make the playoffs going into the season; by the end of the year, Boudreau had them playing like conference champions, and had won the division. That's impressive, and Adams-worthy.