• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

2008 NHL Awards Ceremony Thread (GDT)

Rate this topic

How the hell does Thornton beat Datsyuk for Second Team? Datsyuk took home the Selke, AND scored more. How is Thornton better? His passport?

my thought, as well. <_< Shame.

But then again, it is the All Star Game. :rolleyes:

President's Trophy

Jennings Trophy

Campbell Bowl

Norris Trophy

Selke Trophy

Lady Byng Trophy

Conn Smythe Trophy

Stanley Cup

THAT is a good year.

+

President's Trophy

NHL Lifetime Achievment Award

What a beautiful family. What is his youngest son's name? I know Kevin, Adam and Samuel in that order......but I don't know the last one.

I think his name is Lucas...Luc for short. I could be wrong.

Do you know that Pasha did something tonight that hasn't been done in 70 years? It's been that long since someone won the Byng three years in a row. No matter how you slice it, that is quite an accomplishment.

Congrats to all our guys...I think we did well. And to all of you who told me I was nuts for saying Pasha would win the Selke... maybe I'm not as dumb as you think I am.

Edited by Kira

Do you know that Pasha did something tonight that hasn't been done in 70 years? It's been that long since someone won the Byng three years in a row. No matter how you slice it, that is quite an accomplishment.

And then afterwards mentioned that he probably wouldn't be keeping the Byng much longer, which could be read that we're going to see big hits, fist-throwin' when necessary Playoffs!Datsyuk in the fall. He's always worked to evolve his game to be the most effective NHL player he can be, and while I think he'll continue to avoid the box for the most part, I wouldn't be surprised to see him keep a little more agressiveness in his game.

Voting for the Selke:

Datsyuk had 43 first-place votes and 537 points, beating out New Jersey's John Madden (447 points), the 2001 Selke winner, and linemate Henrik Zetterberg (425 points).

I am almost 100% sure that if the voting was after the playoffs that Zetterberg would have gotten every first place vote.

Datsyuk left the awards show with a good joke. Asked what he’d done for the past week, Datsyuk was quick with a reply.

“I try to ask my wife because I not remember,” he said. “I remember party, but don’t remember how I wake up at home.”

How can you not love this guy :D

Anyone else kind of glad to see Datsyuk win the Selke over Z (even though I agree that if playoff perfomrnace was tallied he'd have won.) I'm sure Hank will deserve every dollar his contract will be worth and I can see him making a bit more than Pasha, but me thinks this may limit that some when the two salaries are compared.

Anyone else kind of glad to see Datsyuk win the Selke over Z (even though I agree that if playoff perfomrnace was tallied he'd have won.) I'm sure Hank will deserve every dollar his contract will be worth and I can see him making a bit more than Pasha, but me thinks this may limit that some when the two salaries are compared.

Hank was the most valuable player in the playoffs. Being 3rd in the Selke voting isn't going to affect how much money he gets.

Hank was the most valuable player in the playoffs. Being 3rd in the Selke voting isn't going to affect how much money he gets.

Regardless of whether it takes effecr ot not it gives his agent one less bargaining tool for more salary, I do agree he'd likely get the same either way however.

you need shades to hang around this guy... :cool:

oviehardware.jpg

Hart Memorial Trophy, Lester B. Pearson Award, Art Ross Trophy and the Maurice "Rocket" Richard Trophy -- that is some haul, there, Ovie. Amazing...

Edited by puckloo39

Voting for the Selke:

Datsyuk had 43 first-place votes and 537 points, beating out New Jersey's John Madden (447 points), the 2001 Selke winner, and linemate Henrik Zetterberg (425 points).

I am almost 100% sure that if the voting was after the playoffs that Zetterberg would have gotten every first place vote.

I happen to agree. Z's playoff performance was epic and I think he is the early favorite for next year's Selke. The voters will not forget his 2008 playoff performance when they are voting for the 2009 award.