• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,359 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:19 PM

Thought it would be a good idea to if some of us would post tutorials and 'how to' for the likes of psp, photoshop etc.. for those of us that need help with certain things and are just beginning with making sigs, ava's, vid's..etc.

Also maybe talk about what is best to use for certain things. Is Photoshop or PSP better? I tend to you psp, but I hear photoshop is better, but I know some of us use both.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#2 maltbymaniac

maltbymaniac

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,648 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 02:26 PM

that would be great, i have a psp but have no idea to do any photo shop stuff.

sig by saran,Thanks

#3 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,359 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 04:41 PM

I always have a problem cutting out the background of pictures, you know using the free hand tool and what not. How does everyone get theirs to look so perfect?

#4 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:19 PM

I always cut things out with the Pen tool in Photoshop. *nods* It's a little hard to get used to but it makes clean cuts.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#5 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,359 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 05:53 PM

I don't have photoshop anymore. I'm broke and can't afford it, and I can't find any trials right now for some reason, but thanks.

Anyone know the trick to PSP?

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033, 12 June 2008 - 05:54 PM.

#6 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 06:30 PM

Cutting is just flat out yucky and takes a lot of patience. I am not the best at it because I can be impatient. I should make a renders thread for people who don't mind taking the time to cut and like doing little technical things like that for everyone to use...I have a couple renders with Ozzie and Dom and so on.

Posted Image

#7 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:00 PM

I use photoshop and i use the pen tool. Its tough but after you get it its kind of fun. Im always willing to cut something for someone if they need anything.

I have the most problems with trying to find decent fonts. I only have the standard ones that come with the program and i still cant figure out how to DL creative ones.

#8 wingsgirl001

wingsgirl001

Hey Hey, Hockeytown!

• Gold Booster
  • 6,752 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

For fonts I go here:

http://www.dafont.com/

They are all free to download and they have tons of them. There's links to download each font next to to the sample. Generally they are in a zip file so just unzip them and then save them into your Fonts folder to install them. It'll be on your C drive under the Windows folder, then look for Fonts.

Also, yeah, if anyone wants anything cut out I can also do it too, so just ask. smile.gif

Edited by wingsgirl001, 12 June 2008 - 08:10 PM.

i57ouh.jpg

Captain Z!

#9 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (wingsgirl001 @ June 12, 2008 - 09:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
For fonts I go here:

http://www.dafont.com/

They are all free to download and they have tons of them. There's links to download each font next to to the sample. Generally they are in a zip file so just unzip them and then save them into your Fonts folder to install them. It'll be on your C drive under the Windows folder, then look for Fonts.

Also, yeah, if anyone wants anything cut out I can also do it too, so just ask. smile.gif

Awesome Thanks i appreciate it!

#10 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:24 PM

having trouble trying to figure out how to DL fonts on a Vista machine. Anyone got any ideas? Used to be easy with XP

#11 Cicada

Cicada

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 11:55 AM

you can do a lot of cutting very easily on PS with the magic wand
IPB Image

#12 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (Hank Dats 'N Homer @ June 12, 2008 - 09:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
having trouble trying to figure out how to DL fonts on a Vista machine. Anyone got any ideas? Used to be easy with XP

on vista, go to your control panel, put it into classic view, and you should see a fonts folder.

#13 TeeMan

TeeMan

Victory will be Hockeytown

• PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 01:36 PM

QUOTE (Hank Dats 'N Homer @ June 12, 2008 - 07:24PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is how I do it, with Vista.

Downloaded>>>Then Extract it to a file you know it's in. You will not need the read me or images. I end up only doing the True Type file.

Then go to start and open your Control Panel. >>>>there you will see Appearance & Personalization. Click on it.

There you will see Fonts>>>>Open it and leave open.

Now open where you have it saved. Both screens should be on your Desktop screen.

Now Drag and drop. Your done.

#14 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

Awesome thanks guys for the help with the font issue. I tried what you said the first time and it worked great. But ive tried downloading like 20 other fonts and when i actually download them and go to open them up, the only thing that gets downloaded is a .ttf file. No readme files and no .txt files, so i dont know whats going on. anyone have and ideas? Found some awesome fontsso it figures somethings wrong now. haha

Edited by Hank Dats 'N Homer, 15 June 2008 - 02:49 PM.

#15 TeeMan

TeeMan

Victory will be Hockeytown

• PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 04:18 PM

QUOTE (Hank Dats 'N Homer @ June 15, 2008 - 01:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Awesome thanks guys for the help with the font issue. I tried what you said the first time and it worked great. But ive tried downloading like 20 other fonts and when i actually download them and go to open them up, the only thing that gets downloaded is a .ttf file. No readme files and no .txt files, so i dont know whats going on. anyone have and ideas? Found some awesome fontsso it figures somethings wrong now. haha

Don't download to many. It will slow your PC down and also make it harder to find the font your looking for.

Have you Extracted them?

#16 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:40 PM

This is a tutorial I did a while ago explaining how I do mini movie avatars...it could work for anything though with animation:

http://jooniper30.li...467.html#cutid1

edit: For Animation Shop 3

Edited by Offsides, 15 June 2008 - 05:41 PM.

Posted Image

#17 wingzrox19

wingzrox19

why cant i ever find anything cool in a hole?

• 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2008 - 09:17 AM

Whats the best photoshop program to use for beginners? I use to have a basic photoshop on my desktop...Im kinda lost now
I sense cucumber moment...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users