• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BML

LINDSTROM?!?!?

Rate this topic

Lidstrom just won the award, but the kid who handed him the hardware was wearing a jersey that read... LINDSTROM!

GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK! GET WITH IT NHL! IT'S HIS 6TH IN 7 YEARS!!!!!!!

Edited by BML

At first I thought my eyes were playing tricks but after reading the post to see that others saw what I saw, I can't believe that the NHL printed a jersey and had the kid that handed Nick his award with his name spelled wrong on the back!

On another note VS didn't get enough praising of Crosby throughout the reg season and playoffs that they are now showing 1/2 hour program dedicated to Sid! :ranting:

Can Lidstrom tie Orr with 8????

I don't see why not. Lidstrom's skills haven't ever declined that I can notice, even in the slightest. Can you name a defenseman who is several levels above the rest? Maybe in the days of Niedermayer, Stevens, MacInnis in their prime, but now there are a bunch of almost's and nobody's. I don't see any strong competition for the next year or two.

Can Lidstrom tie Orr with 8????

Considering the voting this year, the only thing that would stop him is retirement or a serious injury.

Lidstrom: 127 first-place votes and 1313 points.

Phaneuf: 2 first-place votes and 561 points

Chara: 3 first-place votes and 486 points.

Wow.

6-time winner and 3 time runner up. That is impressive.

Considering the voting this year, the only thing that would stop him is retirement or a serious injury.

Lidstrom: 127 first-place votes and 1313 points.

Phaneuf: 2 first-place votes and 561 points

Chara: 3 first-place votes and 486 points.

Wow.

6-time winner and 3 time runner up. That is impressive.

What's crazy about that is that despite leading Phaneuf by 125 votes, Phaneuf was only behind by like 75% in the points category instead of like 98%. I wonder how they calculate that?

6 Norris trophies

4 Stanley Cups

1 Gold medal

1 Conn Smythe and first european to win it

First european captain to win the cup

How many All-Star selections?

I mean we are talking about a guy who has NEVER MISSED THE PLAYOFFS.

Edited by Bluedevils_13

What's crazy about that is that despite leading Phaneuf by 125 votes, Phaneuf was only behind by like 75% in the points category instead of like 98%. I wonder how they calculate that?

The voting goes 10-7-5-3-1. It's likely that Phaneuf cleaned up with the second place votes.

From mlive.com:

Lidstrom won easily, with 127 out of a possible 134 first-place votes and 1,313 points. He finished out of the top three on only one person's ballot.

Apparently Don Cherry still have a vote. :)

Edited by mpitts

Lidstrom just won the award, but the kid who handed him the hardware was wearing a jersey that read... LINDSTROM!

GIVE ME A FREAKING BREAK! GET WITH IT NHL! IT'S HIS 6TH IN 7 YEARS!!!!!!!

Meh, not the first time such a thing has happened, and it won't be the last. Typos happen, nothing we can do about it and nothing to get all upset over. And the NHL has no control over the company that makes hockey jerseys for a kid. Blame the jersey maker for this boo-boo, not the NHL.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I think Lidstrom is more valuable to the Wings than Ovechkin is to the Caps. Obviously debatable, but Lidstrom should have been a finalist for the Hart this year.

I think I read that he was 4th in the voting.

Meh, not the first time such a thing has happened, and it won't be the last. Typos happen, nothing we can do about it and nothing to get all upset over. And the NHL has no control over the company that makes hockey jerseys for a kid. Blame the jersey maker for this boo-boo, not the NHL.

There is absolutely no excuse for this to happen. It is the NHL Awards ceremony and they need to be on top of everything. Obviously they were not. This is a disgrace.

There is absolutely no excuse for this to happen. It is the NHL Awards ceremony and they need to be on top of everything. Obviously they were not. This is a disgrace.

Again, blame the people who made the jersey, not the NHL.

A disgrace because of a jersey name misspell? I highly doubt people were throwing stuff at the kid and yelling at him that he was retarded for wearing a jersey with an extra letter. In 3 days, nobody is going to even remember it happened. There are worse tragedies in life.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Considering the circumstances, I have to agree.

This is the SIXTH time he has won it. Oh, by the way.. he's the captain of the team that just won the Stanley Cup about a week ago.

It's pretty much inexcusable.

Why don't you all getting hopped up over this take a deep breath and relax. It doesn't take away from anything Nick or the Red Wings have accomplished, so it's hardly something of monumental insult. It's an extra letter, it's not like they introduced him by someone else's name or dropped the trophy on his foot or called his mom a name.