• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BML

LINDSTROM?!?!?

Rate this topic

Just think if he didn't play on the same pairing as Schneider in 2004, he would have his 7th straight Norris trophy. I still can't belive he scored somewhere around 40 points that year considering what he usually puts up.

I also remember that many people after that season were saying that Lidstrom would still be a good defenseman, but that his streak of Norrises would end. Well, he's won 3 more Norris trophies since then. Unbeilivable.

Congrats to Lids... shame they spelt his name wrong, no big deal... still CONGRATS!

The man is awesome! If he keeps playing im sure he will pass Orr and take a 9th Norris trophy.

GO LIDS!! GO WINGS!!

:D

I was on the phone with puckloo at the time and she said, "They can spell that damned Phaneuf's name right, but they can't spell 'Lidstrom'???" *scratches head*

Guest CaliWingsNut

It's not a major failure... but the overall event was. Whoever planned that event should be fired. Maybe the NHL should have checked over the jerseys. Maybe Versus could have done their job, and had a clear show. Coming from a hospitality work background... any moron would have checked the jerseys. They also might have planned something to make the show even a little bit more interesting than my high school awards ceremony. Bettman isn't the whole cause to the NHL's failures, however I'm sure he's not helping the issue by getting the proper people in the right jobs.

If you view the incident in a vacuum yes it appears insignificant, but it just adds to the litany of things that continues to make the league look sloppy.

I am not saying it is a huge ordeal and the league should release a public apology, but it in the eyes of some (obviously) it looks bad and reflects bad on the league.

And it will probably be soon forgotten in a matter of days by the majority of people since many people have the attention span of a cricket. Very few people outside of hardcore Red Wings fans are going to remember or make a huge fuss about this once next week rolls around. Very few people will care that much, and the league will go on like normal in spite of this and this mishap will not put a further dent on the league like people here are fearing.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

On 6/12/2008 at 10:53 PM, Guest Crymson said:

The Norris winner was, in fact, Joakim Lindstrom of the Columbus Blue Jackets. He had an excellent season, compiling three goals and four assists and an even +/- rating in 25 games. More than half of his points came on the power play, demonstrating his extreme prowess in special teams play.

:clap: Joakim. The NHL must have mistakenly invited Lidstrom to the party instead.

Ahhh the good old account 

On 6/13/2008 at 6:26 AM, Guest mindfly said:

Who F*cking cares!?

Omg...

@Jonas Mahonas how did this account get banned again? 

Wow, do any of these posters post anymore?  

And can anyone find me a picture of that kid wearing the Lindstrom jersey?  I remember laughing when I saw that.  

7 hours ago, kickazz said:

Ahhh the good old account 

@Jonas Mahonas how did this account get banned again? 

Huh?  You're not Crymson.  

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

Scott Lucidi 3-4 yrs

The Axe 2-3 yrs

The Sword 37 minutes

Bill Berzeench 1-2 years

The Furled Brow 1-2 months

Praying Mantha 4-5 days

Jonas Mahonas current

How did the Axe get banned? Was it Harold the mod? 

Edited by kickazz

1 hour ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

I don't remember.  But I'm all about harmony now.  My disruptiveness level is like a 2.

Takes a real man to admit when they’ve trolled. 

Edited by kickazz

13 minutes ago, Jonas Mahonas said:

You wish you started Howard = Average.

That wasn't your best.

Your best was anything related to Drew Miller. Mad respect bruh. 

19 minutes ago, GMRwings1983 said:

Wait, I thought I was The Axe?    :eh:

You're definitely Kipwinger. 

On 8/31/2018 at 8:21 PM, kickazz said:

That wasn't your best.

Your best was anything related to Drew Miller. Mad respect bruh. 

You're definitely Kipwinger. 

I owned The Axe when it came to Mah Boi Dru.

45 minutes ago, e_prime said:

I owned The Axe when it came to Mah Boi Dru.

You slayed him.

I owned TheAxe, Bill Berzeench and Jonas Mahonas. 

He’s since been tamed and now contributes to the discussions. Still has his moments of troll, spam, derailment attempts but that’s ok since half of us here do it (like this thread itself).

Remember Jonas, relapse is your greatest enemy.

Edited by kickazz