• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 08:09 PM

I havent done photoshop in a while so im still pretty rusty. Just wanted to see what everyone thought. I was in a Dan mood when i was making it, but now i think i have to make something for Dats after winning the Byng and the Selke. anyways, any criticism is welcomed and appreciated.
Attached File  cleary_BG.jpg   88.78KB   21 downloads

#2 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 09:49 AM

I think it's nice. I am thinking something with the color is a little too grungy but I can't put my finger on it. Dan kinda blends into the background a bit on it. What program are you using btw, ps?

Posted Image

#3 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 10:03 AM

QUOTE (Offsides @ June 13, 2008 - 10:49AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I think it's nice. I am thinking something with the color is a little too grungy but I can't put my finger on it. Dan kinda blends into the background a bit on it. What program are you using btw, ps?

I'm using Adobe Photoshop 6.0 right now. Is there something better to get? The background looked alot better in photoshop, but as soon as i open it outside of phototoshop it doesnt look as good, it might be the Gray backdrop in photoshop that helps it haha. I can see now that i have to do something with it cause i can see waht you mean when you say it looks grungy. I think i try and get to Fancy with the backgrounds and i do so many layers and everything that it kind of takesaway from the actual graphic.

#4 Offsides

Offsides

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,906 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 01:28 PM

I think you are okay with what you have. Each graphic program has it's strengths and weaknesses I was just trying to figure out which one you were using. I know what you mean, and red is just a hard color to work with, imo. It is so hard to get good graphics when working with so much red it's just..it can go pinky or orangey and just can be hard. I think the main thing would be to make Cleary stand out more...he blends in too much. I over fancify my backgrounds too...and I think it's easy to see but maybe sometimes hard to figure out how to fix it.

Posted Image

#5 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,704 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 05:02 PM

Use a less intense gamma level for the background, and play around with the contrast a bit. Overall it looks nice though. Theres a nice balance of shapes.

#6 TeeMan

TeeMan

Victory will be Hockeytown

• PipPipPip
  • 580 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (Hank Dats 'N Homer @ June 12, 2008 - 07:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I havent done photoshop in a while so im still pretty rusty. Just wanted to see what everyone thought. I was in a Dan mood when i was making it, but now i think i have to make something for Dats after winning the Byng and the Selke. anyways, any criticism is welcomed and appreciated.

It's to over contrasted. But keep them coming.

If you wish for my help. I'll be glad to help you. Let's do it through PM.

#7 DyingAlive

DyingAlive

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 11:45 PM

Work on the cut out too. It's a bit blocky in some areas and it doesn't blend well.

Other than that it's a decent start.
Posted Image

#8 muchojackdaniels

muchojackdaniels

Draftee

• 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2008 - 01:37 PM

QUOTE (Hank Dats 'N Homer @ June 12, 2008 - 08:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its pretty good

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users