• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Hank Dats 'N Homer

Hank Dats 'N Homer

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 953 posts

Posted 12 June 2008 - 09:20 PM

I use Adobe Photoshop 6.0. I keep coming across the same problem. Ill be working in Photoshop and looking at tutorials on Youtube at the same time. Ill have one step done, and ill go back to Youtube to check the next step, and when i go back to Adobe, and i attempt to do something with my current image, adobe kind of locks up. It wont let me do anything. I can change tools and open new images and everything, but when i put my cursor over any image in photoshop my cursor turns into a White glove hand (just like the "hand tool") I dont know whats i do wrong but it just locks up like that randomly it seems and i dont get it. Has anyone else had this problem before? I have no idea what causes it and i have no idea how to prevent it and it makes me pretty frustrated. Any advice or help would be appreciated.... thanks in advance.

#2 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,058 posts

Posted 13 June 2008 - 04:59 PM

I don't know alot about the Photoshop generations before the Creative Studios came out, but I would first look at how much CPU your processor is running with. Photoshop is a pretty demanding program, and if you couple that with an internet file with a youtube video running, no less, then you're asking a hell of a lot from your computer. If you're working on a PC, ctrl+alt+del and go to processes and find photoshop and set the priority to "Above Normal" (I don't like setting it to anything higher with a program demanding as PS because your computer could s*** itself trying to meet your demands. You should also close any nonessential programs. Also, if you can find the tutorial in a non Youtube format (ie text with the occasional picture), you would probably be better off with that.

I don't know that is your problem, or whether that will solve it, but its definitely worth trying.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users