• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
datsyukismyfriend

Zetterberg named TSN's Player of the Year

Rate this topic

I think this is a credit to him and what he has done to his game, I don't think he and Dats will be happy until they are the best at every aspect of the game, which will be great because they will be driving each other for years while in the same uni more than likely.

These two will be like having Stevie and Lids in their primes at the same time in terms of work ethic!

This is a total credit to his work ethic and an insatiable appetite to be the best he can be, and never being satisfied with just being good!!

CONGRATS ZATA!!!!!

I think this is a credit to him and what he has done to his game, I don't think he and Dats will be happy until they are the best at every aspect of the game, which will be great because they will be driving each other for years while in the same uni more than likely.

These two will be like having Stevie and Lids in their primes at the same time in terms of work ethic!

This is a total credit to his work ethic and an insatiable appetite to be the best he can be, and never being satisfied with just being good!!

CONGRATS ZATA!!!!!

QFT

Thats the greatest thing about having a player as talented as Z being as driven as he is. When you combined those two the results are beyond scary. Now you add Dats to the mix and not only do you have two of the most driven, skilled players out there but you've got both of them pushing each other to be even better. The sky is the limit at this point given their respective ages.

Big Congrats to Z!!!!! It's actually a nice honor once you look at who made up the voting...

TBH, I think that's *why* he won. Those players and personnel know what it is to be a complete player and while Ovie is an incredible talent, his all around game is nowhere near where Z's is at this point.

On top of that, it's very simple to look at the numbers Ovie has put up and say, "Oh, he's gotta be the winner", but when you break down all the apsects of the game, Z is the clear choice this year.

QFT

Thats the greatest thing about having a player as talented as Z being as driven as he is. When you combined those two the results are beyond scary. Now you add Dats to the mix and not only do you have two of the most driven, skilled players out there but you've got both of them pushing each other to be even better. The sky is the limit at this point given their respective ages.

just imagine if z is healthy all year. before he got hurt last year his production was unreal (not that it wasn't great when he came back, but it seemed to slow him down a bit).

as much as i love the guy and i hope beyond anything that he resigns long term, and he is totally deserving of this award, i just hope his name does not get saturated down the way that crosby has his name in every aspect of hockey these days.

as much as i love the guy and i hope beyond anything that he resigns long term, and he is totally deserving of this award, i just hope his name does not get saturated down the way that crosby has his name in every aspect of hockey these days.

Crosby is the NHL's poster boy, not Z. In other words...it won't happen.

no chance. for one, he's not canadian. secondly, while i think he has a better rounded game at this point (z that is), crosby (imo) is cleary a more gifted offensive player, and he's only twenty. i'm not fond of crosby's attitude, but really, skill wise, the sky is the limit for this kid. crosbys style will always garner more attention than z's two way monstrosity.

What a great year for Z! He has been amazing! I hope we sign him this summer before he has an even better year next year. My only request of him is to stay in the winged wheel his entire career.

Z is awesome, I can say I have been a dedicated Wings fan since 1985, and he REALLY is the best two way player I have ever seen on a Wings Roster (yes, even better than Sergei..). Now I have a dilemma, I have money burning a hole in my pocket, do I buy a Hank jersey? Or a Mule Jersey? Help! :scared:

go with the Hank jersey they are awesome (i got 2, 3rd is coming when he eventually gets the "C") Franzen would be a good one but might want to see if he goes back to number 39 first or keeps 93. As for me my next jersey is Kronwall :)

f'ing right! best player in the world right now for me no doubt!

Really? I still think Lidstrom is the best player in the world.

Don't get me wrong, with the regular season and playoffs that Z had, he definitely deserved this award....but if we're talking best player in the world right now, to me Lidstrom is a no-brainer.

Really? I still think Lidstrom is the best player in the world.

Don't get me wrong, with the regular season and playoffs that Z had, he definitely deserved this award....but if we're talking best player in the world right now, to me Lidstrom is a no-brainer.

Agreed 100%.

Still, this award is VERY well-deserved. Congrats, Hank! :thumbup:

no chance. for one, he's not canadian. secondly, while i think he has a better rounded game at this point (z that is), crosby (imo) is cleary a more gifted offensive player, and he's only twenty. i'm not fond of crosby's attitude, but really, skill wise, the sky is the limit for this kid. crosbys style will always garner more attention than z's two way monstrosity.

I know Crosby is good, damn good, incredibly gifted offensively, but i would still have to give the nod to hank as being better offensively, sure the numbers are in crosby's favor for total points, but, not sure what total icetime is for Sid but it is probably a ouple minutes a game higher then Z, take anohter 2-3 min off for Z playing the PK and crosby not, that is 5 min a game average (i am guessing) that sid has more time on the ice to score with a decent or expected chance to score. I didn't watch too many pitts games this year but i am pretty sure they roll 3 lines the majority of the time with the 4th getting in there occasionally, this gives crosby more time on the ice not against a teams top line like the flying circus is when they are together.

And i know i am seeing this all throgh red tinted glasses but still....... :)

I know Crosby is good, damn good, incredibly gifted offensively, but i would still have to give the nod to hank as being better offensively, sure the numbers are in crosby's favor for total points, but, not sure what total icetime is for Sid but it is probably a ouple minutes a game higher then Z, take anohter 2-3 min off for Z playing the PK and crosby not, that is 5 min a game average (i am guessing) that sid has more time on the ice to score with a decent or expected chance to score. I didn't watch too many pitts games this year but i am pretty sure they roll 3 lines the majority of the time with the 4th getting in there occasionally, this gives crosby more time on the ice not against a teams top line like the flying circus is when they are together.

And i know i am seeing this all throgh red tinted glasses but still....... :)

it's just an opinion, but i disagree. crosby's vision is amazing, z is great, but crosby i think sees the game on another level than anybody except maybe lidstrom. and he's only 20. if you think about it, he's probably 6 or 7 years away from his prime. if z's only roll was offense, like crosby's is, he'd put up huge numbers, no doubt. but imo, as far as raw talent is concerned, crosby gets the nod and he'll only get better.

Z is awesome, I can say I have been a dedicated Wings fan since 1985, and he REALLY is the best two way player I have ever seen on a Wings Roster (yes, even better than Sergei..). Now I have a dilemma, I have money burning a hole in my pocket, do I buy a Hank jersey? Or a Mule Jersey? Help! :scared:

That's easy, BOTH!

Just kidding. There's probably not that much money in your pocket. I say go with Zetterberg for now. A Zetterberg jersey will always be a classic. And while I don't want to jinx it, we have yet to see if Franzen can keep up his play for a whole season (knock on wood).

it's just an opinion, but i disagree. crosby's vision is amazing, z is great, but crosby i think sees the game on another level than anybody except maybe lidstrom. and he's only 20. if you think about it, he's probably 6 or 7 years away from his prime. if z's only roll was offense, like crosby's is, he'd put up huge numbers, no doubt. but imo, as far as raw talent is concerned, crosby gets the nod and he'll only get better.

fair enough i can see where you are coming from, i just think if Zata was on pittsburgh he would have crosby numbers and if crosby was on the wings he would....ummm...be samuelsson lol just kidding