• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hokeychik22

Mats Sundin

Rate this topic

Could Mats Sundin be a Red Wing? That's the hot topic in NHL free-agent circles. The Toronto Maple Leafs would like to re-sign their star forward, but many think Sundin, an unrestricted free agent, would be a perfect fit with the Swedish-dominated Red Wings.

Wings defenseman Nicklas Lidstrom would love to see Sundin in Detroit. But Henrik Zetterberg told the Toronto Sun: "My gut says he'll be back with the Leafs."

The 37-year-old Sundin made headlines May 28 during a presentation at the Stanley Cup final in Detroit when he suggested for the first time that the Maple Leafs weren't his only option going forward.

Sundin, who earned $5.5 million last season, led the Leafs in goals (32), assists (46) and points 78 last season.

( sundin always was a fav of mine, would be nice to have him, but i agree with Hank on this one, probably will never happen)

Thats true.

Boo Hoo Hoo.

Poor Mats....

He should have came over at the deadline. I don't see him winning a cup ever.

Of Course, the Leafs could win it soon.......

Mats would be a perfect addition to us, if we can afford him. He might see next season as his last chance to win the cup, so he might come cheap. Börje Salming came from Toronto to Detriot many years ago.

I seem to remember reading at one point around the deadline that he indicated he didn't want to be a rental player, and that he wanted to be a part of the team for the whole year.

I'd love to see him on the Wings.

Even if he did come and play for Detroit. Would he make that big of an impact on a team that just won the stanley cup, and that is pretty much coming back next year in the same form and with the same roster. Hes a great talent and it's cool that he is Swedish and that may bring a little more chemistry...but all in all I dont think he would make much of a difference on this team.

Vancouver:

Sundin, the Canucks and Pile of Money…

by Alanah on 07/01/08 at 02:30 PM

Comments (0)

From the wild world of hockey rumors, Bruce Garrioch reports:

The Vancouver Canucks are after Mats Sundin. League sources told Sun Media the Canucks have offered the Toronto captain a two-year, $20 million deal.

Sundin hasn’t decided on his future, but he’s contemplating it.

Fan590’s Howard Berger just mentioned the same thing. (thanks to readers for sending this one in!)

Insanity.

Guest mindfly
I'm surprised the Avs haven't entered the Sundin fray... especially if Foppa and Sakic don't come back this season.

This dude aint gonna play in western conference, unfortunately :(

Guest mindfly
What does money matter to him at this point? How much money has he made with Toronto?

I'm thinking he wants a cup more than $10 million a season.

It's all about his motvation, if you look at the interviews he's done last couple of weeks in sweden he looks like he's done to be honest... he doesn't have the desire or will to play yet, even though his season ended over 3months ago... He probably will reitre if not then he'll re-sign with toronto and finish his career as a leaf without the cup

But hey who can blaim him, i would be dead tired of hockey as well if i played in toronto almost my entire career, what a s***ty team.

Edited by mindfly

Guest mindfly
:blink:

Can you explain why you want Sundin to play in the Western Confrence?????

Because he's a hell of a player and we'll get to watch him more than if he plays in eastern

Not shooting the messenger here, but I hate that so much of this crap is available on the internet nowadays and that people actually take it seriously. This "rumor" is from bleacher report which is basically an amateur sports blog filled with bad writing, poor grammar, and made up rumors that are based on dream rosters rather than actual sources.

This kid doesn't even have a source. And if he/she wants to be taken seriously, they should try actually writing in a professional manner as opposed to something you quickly jot down on a message board like this one.

/rant

You know, I think the habs did rather well last year. An addition of Sundin will definitely give the team more depth, etc. I think they'll do even better next year, especially if Price can keep his game up.

... Buuut they're still no match for us and our newly signed Hossa :P