Sign in to follow this  
Gutierrez

Top moments in NHL history?

Rate this topic

Valdy being wheeled with the cup is #1

#2 1997 cup

#3 1998 cup

#4 2008 cup

#5 seeing Yzerman return from knee replacement (only player in any sport to have such extensive surgery and return).

Where's your's?

1. Wings Cup

2. Lockout

3. Start of Outdoor games

I only really have three since I combined the cups.

Worst day in NHL history.

Gary Bettman has been named commisioner of the NHL

This is a good question and im gonna have to think back but here it goes

1. 97 cup

2. Yzermans 2OT goal against st. louis

3. 2008 cup

4. pavel datsyuk shootout goal vs. Turco (I watch it everyday i think)

I dunno this turned into the top 5 red wings moments for me so i'll leave #5 open...Miracle on ice was a pretty huge deal I guess & i've always loved doug gilmour moments. I dunno...

1998 Olympic gold - Czech national team

1997 Stanley Cup - Detroit Red Wings

2008 Stanley Cup - Detroit Red Wings

The golden hat-trick 1999, 2000, 2001 - Czech national team

2002 Stanley Cup - Detroit Red Wings

1998 Stanley Cup - Detroit Red Wings

Valdy being wheeled with the cup is #1

#2 1997 cup

#3 1998 cup

#4 2008 cup

#5 seeing Yzerman return from knee replacement (only player in any sport to have such extensive surgery and return).

Dude, I am not trying to correct you, just bring some emphasis to your point, he is the only person under the age of 60 I believe to have this surgery, most people have this surgery with the intent that they will walk normally, not skate normally and definitely not skate NHL caliber Stanley cup leading level.

This man is the reason I am a hockey fan and is my number one hockey memory.

Some of that has to due with the person that I watched the games with but a lot of that has to due with the fact of how hard the guy played the game.

The Vladdy wheel cheer although sad is my number 2.

But the career of Steve Yzerman even up until the end where it he takes the puck to the face. This man's career was a testament to testicular fortitude, he easily could have walked away and nobody thought less of him many times.

Since I've only been a hockey since 2004 my list will be limited, but...

1. 2008 Wings Cup

2. Stevie Y's retirment ceremony and jersey going into the rafters

3. Miracle on Ice (even though I wasn't born yet haha)

4. Red Wings comeback against San Jose in 2007

5. Matt Cooke's goal with 2 seconds left to tie game 7 in 2004.

There are some great top fives already posted, so I'll try to add my five while not repeating:

Patrick Roy getting yanked in game 7 at the Joe

Patrick Roy doing the Statue of Liberty while Shanny knocks the puck in (Game 6)

Brett Hull scoring the tying goal in the final seconds of game three of the SCF forcing OT (2002 - I think that's the game)

Marc Crawford yelling at Bowman while Scotty waves him off

Yzerman lifting the cup in 1997

mine are pretty obviously biased, but I'll give them anyways. BTW, these are specific moments, obviously my favorite 4 would be the cups.

(countdown)

5. Red Wings shell Patrick Roy in his last game in Montreal

4. D-Mac beats the hell out of Claude Lemeuix then scores the game winner, 3-26-97

3. Stevie in double OT against St Louis.

2. Doug Brown sends game 2 of the 98 finals to OT

1. Macarty's game 4 winner against Philly in 97

I'll exclude Wings stuff, since it's mostly the obvious stuff already cited. Here's my highly personal non-Wings top 5:

Kings over Leafs in the 1993 conference final. I had a friend at the time who was from TO and kind of a prick about the Leafs beating the Wings that year. So I enjoyed it immensely when the Kings turned the tables on his team.

Rangers winning the Cup in 1994. I was still in my age of innocence as a fan, when I'd be happy about long droughts ending. Admittedly, I'd probably root against them today. Fun team to watch though.

Whalers trade Pronger for Shanahan. At the time, Pronger was sort of looking like a flop, although he had shown flashes of being a douchenozzle. Shanahan was one of my favorite players, so as a fan of the Whale, that was a happy day for me.

Game 6, Stars vs. Sabres, 1999. My brother is a Stars fan, and I was rooting against him. We came to blows a couple times before I decided to watch the game upstairs while he stayed downstairs. After Hull's goal/no goal (depending on what side you take), I just went downstairs, said "congratulations," and left.

Penguins winning the lottery and drafting Crosby. I like the Pens, and obviously this was a major piece of the resurrection of the franchise.

1. Gretzky's 92nd goal

2. 1997 Cup

3. Mike Milbury - shoe whooping a Ranger's fan in 79 after O'reilly charged the stands...

4. Orr takes flight

5. Wings vs. Avs Brawl

4. pavel datsyuk shootout goal vs. Turco (I watch it everyday i think)

That wasn't a shootout goal. It was in the last minute of a game in Dallas where the Wings were winning 5-2. Hull passed it to Datsyuk.

uh theres lots of them.

reading bout 1935 . 6 over time. normie smith with longest shut out.

1980 miricle

1998 stanley cup championship (they won on my birthday and graduation)

avs/wings rivalry with roys hot temper and him fighting and getting his @#$# kicked pluss that bench clearing brawl

scotty bowman i think tied toe blake with cups won.

lester patrick donning goalie pads being coach to become goalie

manon rheaume the first female to play in nhl during exhibition

o ree breaking the color barrier in boston

team usa womens hockey team to win gold

the production line

russian 5 unit

the leafs/ wings rivalry

gaye stewart getting banned from playing in detroit after coming out of the penalty box early to get a cheap shot at orlando (oohoo that was fun to visuallize in my head)

i hear that the winged wheel logo was a spinoff from the montreal tripple a logo cause they had 3 winged wheels on thier jerseys and they also were the first team to win the cup. well that would be a moment for me :)

wayne gretzky

um might be more i can name off from the top of my head later. hahahaah

lots of stuff thats way before my time. i just loved reading about it.

One of my top ten, certainly was when Chris Prongerprick tried to take out an already-injured Stevie Y and had the tables turn when Yzerman stuck out his butt and Prongerpric blew out his little birdie ACL. HAHAHHAHHAHAHH!!!

I laughed.... :thumbup:

One of my top ten, certainly was when Chris Prongerprick tried to take out an already-injured Stevie Y and had the tables turn when Yzerman stuck out his butt and Prongerpric blew out his little birdie ACL. HAHAHHAHHAHAHH!!!

I laughed.... :thumbup:

is there video on this?? i wanna see !! lol!!