• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DreamsofHope

Larionov makes it into the HHOF!

Rate this topic

Congrats to Igor and also belatedly to Ed Chynoweth, junior hockey visionary.

Three more Wings, Yzerman, Hull and Luc will go in next year.

Hull and Robitaille merely played for the Wings. No one ever thinks of them as Wings, as in the sense of being legendary members of the franchise.

That's like saying that Wayne Gretzky was the greatest player ever to play for the Blues.

Congrats to Igor.

Ciccarelli actually had 608 goals and 592 assists. For a grand total of 1200 points. As far as I know he has the highest career point total for a player not to be elected into the hall of fame. I think next year for him. With both he and Dale Hunter on the ballot, it could set up a nice little theme of nasty forwards who never got a cup.

Forgive me for getting off topic, but maybe they're keeping him out because when he was playing for the north stars he was arrested for indecent exposure.

Not as bad as it sounds, but absolutely true, LOOK IT UP!

Guest LivingtheDream
Try reading my whole post next time, that was in reference to Dino Ciccarelli.

In regards to larionov I posted "Congrats to Larionov!!!! It's very well deserved, should of happened the 1st time"

Gees, it is a web forum about hockey with a deluge of dime a dozen opinions. Why on Earth would anyone read any of this carefully?

Congrats to Igor.

Ciccarelli actually had 608 goals and 592 assists. For a grand total of 1200 points. As far as I know he has the highest career point total for a player not to be elected into the hall of fame. I think next year for him. With both he and Dale Hunter on the ballot, it could set up a nice little theme of nasty forwards who never got a cup.

Forgive me for getting off topic, but maybe they're keeping him out because when he was playing for the north stars he was arrested for indecent exposure.

Not as bad as it sounds, but absolutely true, LOOK IT UP!

He was also charged with assault for clubbing Luke Richardson upside the head with his stick.

Ciccarelli is not going in next year. Next year is Yzerman, Hull & either Robitaille or Leetch, maybe both. He'll have to wait a bit.

It's a shame. Glen Anderson is a good player, but he's not as good as Dino, Oates, Bure, or Gilmour.

I believe he's 5th all-time in playoff goals. He and his 5 Stanley Cups deserve it.

People boo-hoo about how he was lucky to be on those powerful Oiler teams, but he was a big reason why they were as good as they were. Wherever Glenn Anderson went, success followed and I don't think it's a coincidence.

Hull and Robitaille merely played for the Wings. No one ever thinks of them as Wings, as in the sense of being legendary members of the franchise.

That's like saying that Wayne Gretzky was the greatest player ever to play for the Blues.

They won a Cup as Wings. That's good enough for me. I remember at the time I was watching the 2002 team thinking "There's 8 guys that are going to be in the HHOF here." Yzerman, Hasek, Hull, Robitaille, Lidstrom, Chelios and Shanahan. Actually nine, counting Sir Scott Bowman.

If it's the MLB HOF, Hull and Robitaille wouldn't wear Wings hats but like I said, IFAIC if they won a Cup here, that's how I'll prefer to remember them.

I believe he's 5th all-time in playoff goals. He and his 5 Stanley Cups deserve it.

People boo-hoo about how he was lucky to be on those powerful Oiler teams, but he was a big reason why they were as good as they were. Wherever Glenn Anderson went, success followed and I don't think it's a coincidence.

Anderson was due to get into the HOF - he was a clutch player that always seemed to score the big goals when they were needed the most. I think he has six cups though - one with the Rangers in 94...

Why 4 players last year and only 2 this year?

Congrats to Igor and Mr. Anderson, but I think Gilmour and Dino should be going in with them.

Because they don't have to elect 4 - they can decide no-one is Hall worthy if they want.

As for Dino, yeah he's got 600 goals but he also played in the 80s and early 90s where if you could lace up a pair of skates you could score 30 goals a season. For all those goals he only had two 50 goal seasons (55 & 52) which to me says he was a consistent scorer rather than a great scorer.

He never won a Stanley Cup

He never won a major NHL award.

He went to the all-star game, on average, once every 5 seasons.

Sorry, but that's not a HOF career.

ps Congrats Igor! Thoroughly deserved!

Gees, it is a web forum about hockey with a deluge of dime a dozen opinions. Why on Earth would anyone read any of this carefully?

Well if you plan on quoting someone you should read their entire post. Or don't bother quoting them.

Because they don't have to elect 4 - they can decide no-one is Hall worthy if they want.

As for Dino, yeah he's got 600 goals but he also played in the 80s and early 90s where if you could lace up a pair of skates you could score 30 goals a season. For all those goals he only had two 50 goal seasons (55 & 52) which to me says he was a consistent scorer rather than a great scorer.

He never won a Stanley Cup

He never won a major NHL award.

He went to the all-star game, on average, once every 5 seasons.

Sorry, but that's not a HOF career.

ps Congrats Igor! Thoroughly deserved!

He's not one of the all-time greats, but he's certainly better than Glenn Anderson. I wouldn't of necessarilly picked him (Larionov was a lock, Adam Oates should've been a lock, and I would've picked Gilmour and Bure before Dino and Anderson), but he did score a lot of goals on teams like the North Stars and the Capitals.

They won a Cup as Wings. That's good enough for me. I remember at the time I was watching the 2002 team thinking "There's 8 guys that are going to be in the HHOF here." Yzerman, Hasek, Hull, Robitaille, Lidstrom, Chelios and Shanahan. Actually nine, counting Sir Scott Bowman.

If it's the MLB HOF, Hull and Robitaille wouldn't wear Wings hats but like I said, IFAIC if they won a Cup here, that's how I'll prefer to remember them.

Make that 10.

You forgot Fedorov.

How wonderful to see Igor finally get his just rewards. I'm sure Pasha is smiling too, since Igor was his childhood hero and his mentor when he came to the Wings. I feel bad for Dino, who I always liked...because he was the forerunner for guys like Homer and Ryan Smyth. Those two took Dino's tricks of driving the goalies nuts and turned it into an art. Goalies might not think it, but I'm sure that Homer and Ryan both have a lot to thank Dino for.