• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tjinaz

Reporter calls shenanigans on Reffing in the SCF

Rate this topic

I agree when it comes to game 6. Lilja had his stick knocked out of his hands during the play that led to Pittsburgh's second goal. Turns out that if he had his stick he could have prevented the goal.

Do referees get paid by how many hours they work or are they salaried? Cause if the league gives them more money for more games I could totally buy the refs looking to extend the series.

I guess you never can tell though.

I have the games taped, and rewatched most of them....

Early in the Finals we were getting most of the Power Plays, also the first period of Game 5 we had 3 Power Plays, and couldn't convert. Someone here mentioned that we had more Power Plays in the Finals, so I don't buy into possible shenanigans.

Plus I don't think the League and the Refs would want Detroit fans mad at them, we're brutal!

We got the cup, and that's all that matters.

Edited by Barrie

I agree when it comes to game 6. Lilja had his stick knocked out of his hands during the play that led to Pittsburgh's second goal. Turns out that if he had his stick he could have prevented the goal.

Dude that really pissed me off!1 My other favorite was the charging call on Dally when all he did was deliver a clean check. :rolleyes: I'm just glad that dispite the BS we were able to overcome it and win The Cup.

Edited by wingnut40

I thought that it was a good article. The Pens should not of scored a goal on Hudler's penalty because Lilja's stick was knocked out of his hand so he has no way to defend and that gives the pens a free five on three, that is a penalty that should of been called. You can not tell me that the Refs did not see that.

Also Pavel being taken down in the last seconds of the game, again no penalty.How could none of the Refs have seen that? It gave the Pens a chance to try and tie the game. I don't think that the Ref's were on the Pens side, but I thought that they blew it at the end of the game. I am just happy that the Wings won despite not getting the right calls.

Edited by LidsFan

Not that is was an intentional move but if you look back to the game 5 goal in overtime, the original shot from the point on the penguins power play went straight off the ref to the side of the net on to a penguin stick and then in the net. I know it happens all the time but i just thought it was funny how that would happen like that to end a game.

Are you guys seriously still carrying on with this crap???

What crap?

It was quite apparent that the refs screwed up big time in the final stages of game 6, and this article just delves deeper in the subject. What's the big deal?

As the article's author says, the officiating was s*** -- and it ultimately favored the Pens.

Folks argue that the bad calls went both ways. I don't deny this. What's important is that the vast majority of crucial bad calls (e.g., ones made at really bad times times, ones which were blatantly in the wrong) favored the Penguins.

As the article's author says, the officiating was s*** -- and it ultimately favored the Pens.

Folks argue that the bad calls went both ways. I don't deny this. What's important is that the vast majority of crucial bad calls (e.g., ones made at really bad times times, ones which were blatantly in the wrong) favored the Penguins.

Pretty much spot on, since the Red Wings had more PPs in the series, but there were some crap missed calls right at the end of game 6, specifially the slashing away of Lilja's stick which was already mentioned I think, as well as Datsyuk getting tripped in the waning seconds.

I didn't want to hear any of stuff like this from Red Wings fans before the Finals (even after the bogus Holmstrom interference call in the Dallas series) because they had plenty of calls/no calls going in their favor as well in earlier games...such as an obvious Holmstrom intereference penalty not called in Dallas game 1, Zetterberg possibly tripping a Nashville d-man in the very first game of the playoffs en route to a goal, and so forth.

While it is still going to take plenty to convince me that there is an officials conspiracy for/against any team or crap like that, and I still cannot take some of the whining that Red Wings fans display about officiating, some of the missed calls (or the Lidstrom/Holmstrom "no-goal" in game 1) were just awful. I'm talking about whining in the sense of acting like a homer or that the referees are just somehow magically against the Red Wings all the time. However, you can pretty much lay this claim to any hardcore fans of any sports team as well.

Having some experience being a referee at much lower levels, I've come to learn that games will be far from perfect in officiating, people make mistakes, a lot of calls are judgement calls in the heat of the moment where you have to make decisions so fast. So I have plenty of respect for referees of any level that have to put up with s**t from fans or soccer moms or parents of the kid who is the perfect sports angel that can do no wrong. Referees can never win unfortuantely in trying to please everybody.

Again to re-state short and sweet this time, no conspiracies, but some of the calls/no-calls were definitely of the large WTF variety. Pretty much in any game though in any sport, both teams will get their share of good and bad calls.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan