• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Herr Hockey

Any Captains Out There We Can Steal?

Rate this topic

Naslund is a possibility, Rolston is part of a captain rotation in Minnesota, and Jason Smith has been talked about as a replacement to Stuart.

I've wanted Rolston here for a number of years now. Michigan guy whose career won't last much longer, and he has a hell of a shot. Seems like a real Ken Holland Signing to me, and I love the sound of it. Smith isn't bad either, as long as he doesn't cost too much. But can you really put a price on that playoff beard?

Naslund, but I don't know if I really want him here.

I would almost guarantee Naslund would score 30 goals next year if we brought him here. He has been stuck in a system in Vancouver where some nights it looks like they aren't even trying to score goals. Obvioiusly it would all be about getting him here for the right price. For me it's not about his offensive production its whether he can play in his own end of the ice which we all know is very important when you play for the Wings.

I would love to get either Naslund or Smith.

Naslund is one of those players that has so much offensive upside but has been going downhill/slumping lately so putting him on the wings could be the jumpstart he needs for a couple more seasons. (If Sammy can score goals on the wings, I know Naslund could get his offense going again..)

Smith would bring a lot of experience and toughness that you can never have enough of. He would be a great replacement/upgrade to Stuart or Lilja.

Smith is slow, worn down and not at all suited for big minutes with the Wings' system. There's a reason the defense-deficient Flyers don't even want him, and it's about more than the money.

I would only take Naslund at a bargain price. He's really lost his edge, and there's nothing to suggest he'll ever get it back.

Smith is slow, worn down and not at all suited for big minutes with the Wings' system. There's a reason the defense-deficient Flyers don't even want him, and it's about more than the money.

I would only take Naslund at a bargain price. He's really lost his edge, and there's nothing to suggest he'll ever get it back.

note: i replaced him with lilja and what smith lacks in speed he pick up with toughness

Smith could probaly do a great job in a Lilja role. Play the PK, and he's tough as nails anyways. His leadership is second to none, and he's a playoff monster. For 2 million or less, he'd be a nice pickup.

Its not even about Naslunds offense. Its more about the fact that he cant captain his team, is inconsistent, prone to floating, isnt gritty, doesnt play with energy, and has NO defensive game. Why do we want to bring back Robert Lang Swedish Style??

A few important things you need to know about Naslund:

1. Average PK time per game? 0:03

2. There were 7 Wings who had fewer than 13 hits on the Red Wings roster. None of them played more than 8 games. Markus Naslund played 82 games. How many hits did he have? 13.

This guy would be a terrible step in the wrong direction.

Management wouldn't replace Lilja with Smith. Smith would get first-or-second-pairing minutes on most teams, and his pay would reflect this. If Lilja walks, he can be replaced by someone already in our system. If Stuart walks, Holland will be on the lookout for a solid second-pairing guy who can work well within the Wings' system. And that's not Smith.

I'm warming up to the idea of Peca on the team. If he realized it might be his last best shot at the Cup like Drake did and was willing to come in on a one year 1.5mil deal and provide some grit and leadership then I think he would do well here. He won't be counted on to provide much offense so maybe he can just relax, throw some hits and play well defensively.

Its not even about Naslunds offense. Its more about the fact that he cant captain his team, is inconsistent, prone to floating, isnt gritty, doesnt play with energy, and has NO defensive game. Why do we want to bring back Robert Lang Swedish Style??

A few important things you need to know about Naslund:

1. Average PK time per game? 0:03

2. There were 7 Wings who had fewer than 13 hits on the Red Wings roster. None of them played more than 8 games. Markus Naslund played 82 games. How many hits did he have? 13.

This guy would be a terrible step in the wrong direction.

Ouch! Those are horrible stats for sure. I haven't seen much of Nazzy in the past few years but if he's lost his desire to compete maybe retirement is the best option for him. I wonder if Babs could light a fire under his ass again?