• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KronwallCRUNCH

Avery to test FA market

Rate this topic

I'd love to see Avery back in a Wings uniform, but I think that he'll probably get $3-4 million. Especially if Drake retires, it'd be nice to get another spark plug in here, even if he is a little bit nutty; loved watching him when he was here, and still do.

He's talented...but we don't need that kind of distraction. If even Yzerman couldn't keep Avery totally in check, there's little hope for him.

Exactly. We all liked him when he was here, but after he left he just got a little out of control, and his skills aren't really all that special. He's a decent hockey player, but so are 200 other players in the league.

I'd love to see Avery back in a Wings uniform, but I think that he'll probably get $3-4 million. Especially if Drake retires, it'd be nice to get another spark plug in here, even if he is a little bit nutty; loved watching him when he was here, and still do.

I'd pass as he is surely going to get over paid for his skill set and he is a big distraction!

i don't like avery

maybe i should elaborate some....I saw what he did to brody on youtube. It was unnecessary and immature.

and he did it on purpose by facing brodeur. That had nothing to do with screening the goalie or even trying to play the game. Had everything to do with taunting and humiliation.

Edited by Holmstrom96Screens

You know its funny to see this thread here today because I had a dream last night that I was watching the Wings at the beginning of next season and saw a player with the name Avery on the back of their jersey....I was really pumped up, but then I found out it was someone else with the last name Avery.......

I wouldn't mind having him back I've always been a fan!

I said it before will say it again, this guy can win the Conn Smythe and I wouldn't want him in the winged wheel.

He is an asshat, he does not care if he makes an ass of himself or his team.

Is he a talented player, yes, but his antics outweigh his abilities imo.

If he came back would I root for him, reluctantly yes, but as I post about other players if Holland and Babs see a reason for him on the roster I trust them.

we get called for enough bulls*** penalties as it is..

imagine what it'd be with Avery on the team as well?

we'd spend 40 mins a night killing penalties.

Edited by Cicada

No thank you. I wouldn't even consider Avery for a second. Unless the Red Wings want to spend all of next season killing penalties, and trying to control Avery's immature antics, then keep him away from Detroit. If Avery would actually utilize his talent instead of being a jerk-off constantly, then it may be worth the investment.

I want to see the Red Wings win, not watch Avery take a boatload of dumb penalties and act like a clown in the process. The Red Wings organization is too classy for Avery.

Not happening.

Avery is a good fit for teams like NY, teams that can't win on skill alone, teams that actually think "getting under their skin" is a legitimate plan of attack.

That's not the Wings. Besides, we already have a first-class yapper in Maltby and an up and coming spark plug in Helm.

avery's a complete douchebag, and not nearly talented enough for that fact to be overlooked.

Edited by hallelujahlogic

Avery :thumbup:

Chelios, Lidstrom, Drapes, Malts, Mac (if he's back)..they'd keep him in check.

Sadly, he's asking too much $ for what he'd deliver. (But here's hoping)

Yeah, sign up Avery and Shanny :) That'd be awesome!

blah blah blah. nobody was saying that while he was here. people loved him, just like they loved him in LA, and love him in NY.

i never loved him, but i didn't hate him like i do now. he seems to have gotten much douchier since becoming a ranger.

Edited by hallelujahlogic