• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YoungGuns1340

Sundin Headed to Free Agency

Rate this topic

If it's a team like Tampa offering $10 million, I don't blame them. If they offer the same as Detroit or Montreal, they lose. Tampa is a hockey backwater and they have to set themselves apart somehow. Money is the only way they can.

Remember when the Tigers signed Pudge? It was widely ridiculed, and Pudge is still overpaid. But it legitimized the Tigers as a destination after years of signing the Craig Paquettes of the world. Tampa might be doing the same this summer.

Faceoffcircle's reporting the same thing.

Don't do it, Mats.

Quickest way to kill what's left of your career. Whatever happened to players wanting to go to a Cup contender? Vancouver can only boast Luongo and the Sedin twins, the latter of which are basically second liners.

If it's a team like Tampa offering $10 million, I don't blame them. If they offer the same as Detroit or Montreal, they lose. Tampa is a hockey backwater and they have to set themselves apart somehow. Money is the only way they can.

Remember when the Tigers signed Pudge? It was widely ridiculed, and Pudge is still overpaid. But it legitimized the Tigers as a destination after years of signing the Craig Paquettes of the world. Tampa might be doing the same this summer.

I imagine Melrose would negate that effect, though.

Quickest way to kill what's left of your career. Whatever happened to players wanting to go to a Cup contender? Vancouver can only boast Luongo and the Sedin twins, the latter of which are basically second liners.

Eh, to be fair, the 'nucks with a motivated Sundin could be decent. Nowhere near serious contention, of course.