• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
YoungGuns1340

Leafs Buyout Tucker

Rate this topic

Wow the Leafs really are doing some house cleaning. Gone from last season, Belak, Kilger, Gill, Wellwood, Raycroft, Tucker, Sundin? and i'm sure guys like McCabe and Kubina are up next.

Kubina will be traded, but McCabe is the wild card. The Leafs do not want anything to do with him, and he still will not waive his no movement clause. I've heard the Leafs might just stratch him in every game they can until he waives it.

The Leafs total rebuild is crazy. I feel so bad for all the good fans they've had over the years (Not the crazy ones, but the good hockey ones.) They've endured so much, and there is only more to come.

The Leafs total rebuild is crazy. I feel so bad for all the good fans they've had over the years (Not the crazy ones, but the good hockey ones.) They've endured so much, and there is only more to come.

But they're FINALLY doing it right. They're finally starting from scratch. This is something a lot of fans have wanted for the past half-decade or so.

Tucker's not the player he used to be, and this further removes any traces of John Ferguson.

Next up, Pavel Kubina & Bryan McCabe.

Edited by MacK_Attack

But they're FINALLY doing it right. They're finally starting from scratch. This is something a lot of fans have wanted for the past half-decade or so.

Tucker's not the player he used to be, and this further removes any traces of John Ferguson.

yeah this is how it's gotta be done, it's just a shame they aren't getting anything for their assets (or whatever they are)

yeah this is how it's gotta be done, it's just a shame they aren't getting anything for their assets (or whatever they are)

That's fine. They'll get something for either McCabe or Kubina, maybe both. They'll be in a position to get either Tavares or Hedman in next year's draft.

I'd take him for cheap. He had an off year last year, but the year before he was great. He can hit, he can can score, he is an agitator, and he will drop the gloves (usually with wimps though). He scores a ton of pp goals. He needs to work on his defence though :P

yea it is kinda like the tigers did in 3 years. The leafs realy had no choice but to buyout tucker because if they did not they would of ran into cap problems i wonder what happens next?

That's fine. They'll get something for either McCabe or Kubina, maybe both. They'll be in a position to get either Tavares or Hedman in next year's draft.

I hope they pick as far from #1 as the lottery will allow in next years draft; nobody should benefit from intentionally tanking their season to secure a top draft pick. Of course we'll have to listen to "they're trying as hard as they can" all year long but the upside is at least we won't have to put with the same bulls*** in the playoffs as Toronto should be a no-show there for at least 4 or 5 more years. Maybe this will finally push Harry Neale over the edge and he'll hang himself or something though so there could be a positive to come out of it yet.

ron wilson loves kubina and wanted him like crazy at the deadline in san jose. mccabe has stuck by his position of "no way in hell" am i leaving and a buyout of his contract doesnt make a lot of sense. i would be very surprised to see either of these guys go.

Tucker - Avery - Maltby:D :D :D :D :D

Team Agitation

Tucker - Avery - Maltby = 80% of game in the penalty box. Seriously, guys. The Wings don't really need any "grit", we've shown we can do just fine. With what little agitation we had, we were still in the box way too much, and you want to add to that?

I hope they pick as far from #1 as the lottery will allow in next years draft; nobody should benefit from intentionally tanking their season to secure a top draft pick. Of course we'll have to listen to "they're trying as hard as they can" all year long but the upside is at least we won't have to put with the same bulls*** in the playoffs as Toronto should be a no-show there for at least 4 or 5 more years. Maybe this will finally push Harry Neale over the edge and he'll hang himself or something though so there could be a positive to come out of it yet.

They're blowing up a core that hasn't worked for a long time. They aren't going to lose for the sake of getting the 1st overall pick, they're going to lose because it takes little while to overhaul a roster and make it competitive again.

...Harry Neale is no longer associated with the Leafs and is barely associated with Hockey Night in Canada.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Theres nothing i can say to change your mind.. No point in trying..

I like physical hockey alot more then this puck possesion, If we get into a scrum around the net, I'd like to see a little push back.. I'd like to see us not being the bottom feeders at the fight totals every year.. Being the worst enforcing team is embarassing..

I like physical hockey alot more then this puck possesion, If we get into a scrum around the net, I'd like to see a little push back.. I'd like to see us not being the bottom feeders at the fight totals every year.. Being the worst enforcing team is embarassing..

The Ducks forum is over there.... www.oneyearwonders.com/ducks I hear they like to hit

That has more to do with the coach then the players.

Guest Dump-N-Thump
The Ducks forum is over there.... www.oneyearwonders.com/ducks I hear they like to hit

Yawn....

No reason to even reply to your statement, your just trying to bait me..

The fact that i can actually make an well articulated sentence, Backing up my position and all you can do is the over used one liners..

Funny how winning the cup makes you all of a sudden better then everyone else.

Yawn....

No reason to even reply to your statement, your just trying to bait me..

The fact that i can actually make an well articulated sentence, Backing up my position and all you can do is the over used one liners..

Funny how winning the cup makes you all of a sudden better then everyone else.

haha, well actually it does. Winning the Stanley Cup does make the Wings better than everyone else at the moment. So, regardless of how "well articulated" your argument is, you cannot fault their style of play as it is at the moment the winning strategy. Being the team with the fewest fights is not embarrassing, losing is.