• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
norrisnick

Sergei Kolosov/Siarhei Kolasau signed.

Rate this topic

Guest Dump-N-Thump

assuming its true..

i read an articale about between Jasper and anotehr guy at draft day and they ended up taking jasper because they thought they could get the other guy to a try out..

maybe this is the otehr guy?

AFTER LITTLE REASEACH

its Sergai Kolosov.. belrusian hard hitting dman

Edited by Dump-N-Thump

Guest Dump-N-Thump

STRENGTHS

A big, physical bruiser ... Frequently hammers people into the boards ... Clears the crease with his excellent size and strength ... Good mobility, particularly considering his size ... Decent point shot.

WEAKNESSES

Poor decision-making when moving the puck ... Puck skills need work ... Inaccurate shot ... Extremely raw defenseman who is still finding his way defensively ... Rarely kicks in offensively.

PROJECTION

Kolosov is a rarity in the Red Wings system — a big, physical force with a mean streak. He is extremely unproven, but the Red Wings signed him anyway in the hopes he can make an impact once he gets to a higher level. They expect him to challenge for AHL duty in 2008-09.

His career highlight is completely obliterating some American kid at the WJC when Belarus managed the upset and beat USA. I believe that's Belarus' lone win at the WJC in a long long time.

There used to be a video floating around, but I'm not sure if you can still find it.

If he gets a shot in GR that'd be great but I wouldn't be suprised to see him ECHL bound

Do we currently have an ECHL affiliate, by the way? Toledo is not an option since the Storm franchise went dormant because of arena issues a few years ago. The team will return as the Walleye, but not before 2009-10...

As for Kolasau, he wouldn't have been signed for an entry level contract if he will not see time in GR sooner or later.

Edited by German Red Wing

Well, if he's big and physical, than that's good enough for me. The last thing we need is another undersized defenseman.

My hunch tells me he's the next Chris Pronger. :D

Faster Hatcher without the soft hands.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

THANK YOU NORRIS NICK..

i expecet this kid in GR next season.

He's been a prospect for a while now. When the transfer agreement fell apart the concensus was that prospects fell into two groups- one group of countries would require a signing by july 1st or the prospect became a free agent. The second group, of which our last interesting but unsigned european prospect, Axelsson, is a part of, is a little trickier. It looks like this second group will be treated like a defected prospect- meaning we'd hold their rights indefinitely, just like the old days. I might be murky on the exact details- but that's the general idea.

Anyway, the concensus among the brass was apparently that this Kolasau is worth keeping because he's a rare comonidy in the Wings' system- a big brusing defender who enjoys smashing faces, but he wasn't among the best prospects in terms of earning a contract. The situation with the transfer agreement kind of forced their hand, I guess, and he played decently on a Belrusian team during the worlds a few months ago.

Hopefully we see him break some faces in the AHL :D

Now that link clarifys a lot...

The Belarusian transcription from the Kyrillic alphabet can be really ugly sometimes. My first thought was "What, we signed a guy from Polynesia? Do they even have ice sheets down there?" :huh::lol:

It's Cyrillic.

btw I've heard that name before., Sergei Kolosov. I've definitely heard of him.

Belarussians are good hockey players. I believe the brothers Sergei and Andrei Kostitsyn originally come from Belarus (if I'm not mistaken)

Guest GordieSid&Ted
While reading ESPN's transaction overview for today, I stumbled over the following line:

Who the *bleep* is this guy?

If I would judge him just by his name, he is Grand Rapids-bound, for sure...

Didn't we hear about this guy a couple of years ago? I don't think it was the Wings who were looking at him but I definitely remember people talking about him maybe 2 years ago due to his size.

Nevermind, scratch that it was the Wings who took him originally. I had totally forgotten about him though until this news.

Edited by GordieSid&Ted

I remembered hearing word that the Wings were going to pick him up and give him a shot in North America. He's been real lackluster, which explains why it took so long. Jim Nill isn't at all sold on his decision-making and puck skills, but I guess they assume that the potential is there. Here's hoping he tears it up in the minors.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Dang Norris, you got like 1000k posts here and your mod, You have like 10000k posts on HF... along with being LGW's brain for anything and everything wings..You sir.. are the man