• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
#19=Legend

Red Wings biggest challenge

Rate this topic

Who do you guys think the biggest challenge for Detroit would be next year?

In the Division, its tough to tell. It seems to me that the Central is getting stronger.

In the Confrence I would say the stars they will have the same roster next year like the wings. And a full season with richards.

Out of the East will be very interesting as well. As the Penguins seem to have fallen apart.

Although these teams will be different after July 1.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Hard to tell because FA hasnt started yet..

But ill play anway :P

Division? = Blackhawks.. Offensivly Talented.. Tons of character.

Conference? = Blackhawks.. -.0

What? huh?

Yes the blackhawks will be our biggest obstacle AGAIN!

Who do you guys think the biggest challenge for Detroit would be next year?

In the Division, its tough to tell. It seems to me that the Central is getting stronger.

In the Confrence I would say the stars they will have the same roster next year like the wings. And a full season with richards.

Out of the East will be very interesting as well. As the Penguins seem to have fallen apart.

Although these teams will be different after July 1.

In the division, Chicago is definitely on an upswing. Kane and Toews are only going to be better, as is the rest of their young core. Plus, they gave the Wings fits last year.

I'd have to agree with you on Dallas. Unless San Jose or Calgary can finally put everything together.

Pittsburgh hasn't fallen apart. They will lose some of their pieces, but they'll rebound just fine. Montreal will challenge them for East supremacy.

Hard to tell because FA hasnt started yet..

But ill play anway :P

Division? = Blackhawks.. Offensivly Talented.. Tons of character.

Conference? = Blackhawks.. -.0

What? huh?

Yes the blackhawks will be our biggest obstacle AGAIN!

For the division, yeah, Chicago I think it will be. But for the Conference? The ducks. With the Central last year, I think we just got caught with our pants down. I think we'll take them more seriously this year as real "threats".

As of now, you have to look at San Jose and Anaheim. San Jose has some talent, and now they have a coach who knows us well. Hopefiully, Babcock has some new wrinkles to keep the league guessing, next year. Anaheim is still a young, tough team with good goaltending and a deep defense.

I think the biggest challenge is overcoming themselves. Aside from 1998, they've had poor seasons following a cup win (1999, 2003). I guess that's only 2 seasons but still, I don't think anyone can beat this team especially since they will have the large majority of everyone back again. Goaltending might also be a challenge (sorry ozzie, i still love you).

I think everyone in our division will get up for games against us just like this past season but only with more motivation on their side.

Conference wise, obviously Dallas and Anaheim are threat to us. Also McLellan's Sharks... although I'm not sold on their D, they got Nabokov.

Everyone else will probably be fillers. Let's see.. North West? hm... maybe Oilers? ... nah.

I say this time and time again but the biggest challenge will probably be ourselves.

honestly, i think if their players return and are healthy, i could see the Avs turning some heads next year. if theadore plays like he did at the end of the year, except against us thaht is :D , and they have sakic, floppa, foote, hedukj along with their young guys that looks pretty good when we played them like, jones, mcloud wolski, svatos. maybe my avs fan friend is just getting to me, but they look like they could be good if healthy

well ill say this, the central is shaping up to be a very good division in my book. The hawks boys are only going to get better and if they can all stay healthy and play every team the way they played the wings EVERY game last year than they should be in good shape.

St. louis well i dont think much has to be said about these guys. I dont think they will be anything to worry about. I hear manny is undergoing another surgery on his knees this offseason....SUPRISE. haha. I love the guy but man those knees yikes.

Now Columbus in my book has made alot of improvments already. They got umberger from Philly whom i think is going to shine in Columbus with Nash, and i thought i heard that they traded for the rights to Ryan Malone. If they can sign Malone that would make for a pretty good offense. Not to sold on their Defense though...and their goaltending is mediocre. If they can pick up a few more pieces during free agency this year, mainly some solid defensive players and maybe a good veteran goaltender to help the younger guys, and make sure to retain some of there worth while RFA like Fritsche and Lindstrom and DEFEINETLY LECLAIRE and try and keep some of their UFA like Peca Vyborny and Hainsey, than i think they will be a pretty good team. Seems like they got something brewing down south in Ohio if you ask me.

Nashville...they have some great players and should be good, but we say this every year. They done good by signing ellis, but i dont know if he can be the glue for that team or not. I hate Tootoo so i have to say that Nashville will suck but honestly they are a big ? in my book. Could go either way.

Conference wise....Sharks, flames...i really like how the flames went out and got Cammalleri. I really wanted him on the wings, but i know there is no room for him. I think he can really help the flames especially seeing as they didnt have to give anything big up for him. Dallas for sure. Morrow is a hell of a player and the team just feeds off of him...he scares me haha

The Wings biggest challenge in the Central is themselves. They play the teams 8 times and they seem to just coast against them. But the 2nd best team in the Central on paper (right now) is Chicago. Columbus lost a lot and so did Nashville. Kane and Towes will be better next season as will their other young players. But with a few signings anyone can be #2.

As for the entire conference, it has to be either Dallas, SJ, or Anaheim. Those are the obvious ones. But I think Calgary will be a lot better next season.

Honestly, I don't care about the east. But Washington will be better next season and AO has no where to go but up. Pitt seems to have had their chance in the sun and unless they do something spectacular this summer or at the deadline they will struggle to make the postseason.

Edited by Wings_Dynasty

We will have a slight Stanley Cup hangover and the Central will be close until xmas, and then we will start s*** pumping everyone as usual and win the division by 20pts, win the presidents trophy by 8pts over Pittsburgh, people will talk about some stupid presidents trophy curse and then realize we won it this year and went on to win the cup. We will move onto the playoffs and just like this year the media will pick everyone but us to win the cup and we will proceed to s*** can everyone in the playoffs and win our 2nd cup in a row and we will all be right back here wading through the 347 posts about who we need to pick up in the off season. Optimism or the truth? Time will tell.

I'd say we'll find out our conference's biggest challenge pending free agency. I'd give the title to Dallas at this point though, and division? Chicago.

Besides the Detroit Red Wings...........

Sharks and Flames have GREAT goaltending....

Dallas..good, but it's Dallas.

The East is wide open, whoever makes it to the finals I'd stay away from. I am thinking that the Habs and Bruins will be much better.......but who knows.....will the Caps make the playoffs...yesss.....but they are still behiend the pens....the Sens?? Great team there still...where will Redden go?

We will have a slight Stanley Cup hangover and the Central will be close until xmas, and then we will start s*** pumping everyone as usual and win the division by 20pts, win the presidents trophy by 8pts over Pittsburgh, people will talk about some stupid presidents trophy curse and then realize we won it this year and went on to win the cup. We will move onto the playoffs and just like this year the media will pick everyone but us to win the cup and we will proceed to s*** can everyone in the playoffs and win our 2nd cup in a row and we will all be right back here wading through the 347 posts about who we need to pick up in the off season. Optimism or the truth? Time will tell.

My thoughts exactly!

I would love to see The wings and the canadiens in next years finals. As for the west...I really like Chicago and would like to see them go deep in the playoffs for a change. Nashville, Dallas & Calgary will be right up there to compete. It looks like a great year coming up and I think we have a really good chance at defending the cup or at least seeing some really good new teams in the playoffs. Dont over look colombus & St. louis who have been making some good moves this off season. Im excited and have no urge to watch the tigers or the lions, all i want is hoccccckkkkkkey!!!

Us Wings fans have such an obscured view of the 'hawks because of their luck against us last year. Don't kid yourselves, the predators are still in better shape than the hawks are now, and arguably even for the future. They have a young defense that is almost as promising as Chicago's young offense, and defense wins games. With a couple decent FA signings up front, Nashville could be looking forward to making it past the first round. However, with phoenix now in the picture, they first need to MAKE the playoffs. I still give Chicago almost no chance of making the post season, from a realistic standpoint.

For this year I'd have to agree with the consensus that Chi-town is going to give us the most headaches as Kane and Toews continue to develop. If they're goaltending can manage to be a bit more steady and Sharp continues to produce some goals they could have a solid playoff-contending team.

With that said, in 2-3 years I would not be suprised to see Columbus giving us the most trouble (or at least equal to that of Chicago). With prospects like Filatov, Voracek, Brassard and Mason alongside the continuning improvement of Nash and Zherdev they are going to have an amazing offense with some young blood (Leclaire isn't too shabby either).

I'm still not sold on any of St. Louis' youngin's. Boyes will probably continue to be a prolific goalscorer but when you're number one defensemen is Eric Brewer you aren't in the best shape.

Central - it's Nashville for me. they'll have more talent than last season and Trotz certainly

knows how to make most of it. and they always plays us hard.

I'm not sold on Blackhawks, because they managed to waste every talent they gathered

for last 10 years and it's pretty difficult to convince me that's about to change.

I can see Blues coming back to 2nd in Central. they have tools to make this step forward.

West - very tough to predict. might be Sharks, might be Ducks but also Stars. other teams?

maybe Canucks somehow or Flames. but that's a long shot

Guest LivingtheDream

How about this for a twist - injuries. We were really lucky this year in the playoffs to not have any big names go down with injuries. Heck we almost certainly would have won the Cup the year before sans injuries, but it was not to be. So, biggest challenge, post season, as always, staying healthy and lucky.

How about this for a twist - injuries. We were really lucky this year in the playoffs to not have any big names go down with injuries. Heck we almost certainly would have won the Cup the year before sans injuries, but it was not to be. So, biggest challenge, post season, as always, staying healthy and lucky.

Agreed, I was thinking so mauch about Z or Pav going down. When Franzen went down I was like ohh s***, here we go again. But we stayed healthy and that was huge for us.

With July 1 now almost thru, I belive that most of us will still say Chicago will be our biggest challenge. And those who didnt think they would be, probably will think differently. Bringing in Campbell was a huge signing. Its going to be nice to see chicago have a good team again.

The only two main threats I see in the West are Dallas (who are scary good again), Calgary (as the upstart team that the Wings face first round), or Chicago. Being that Chicago will probably make playoffs, let's hope the Wings find a way to beat them repeatedly into the ground.