• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 katiephd

katiephd

Rookie

• Pip
  • 169 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 11:42 AM

The full NHL schedule for 2008-09 will be released in mid-July, and it will show the Maple Leafs opening up the regular season with a game at Detroit on Thursday, October 9th — the start of the Red Wings’ Stanley Cup defence. (more)

Acquiring a certain Swede would make that game just a bit more interesting, don't you think?

Also, I'm sort of dying to see the rest of the schedule. Mid-July (whatever that means) can't come soon enough.
Babcock: Nice to win, eh?

#2 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:06 PM

QUOTE (katiephd @ June 26, 2008 - 12:42PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Acquiring a certain Swede would make that game just a bit more interesting, don't you think?

Also, I'm sort of dying to see the rest of the schedule. Mid-July (whatever that means) can't come soon enough.

Should be an easy win for a good start to the season. Haven't seen Toronto play in forever.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#3 Dump-N-Thump

Dump-N-Thump

We're coming for you Jackman!

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 668 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:10 PM

1-0

#4 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:15 PM

Is that so Toronto can finally get to watch a banner being raised?
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#5 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (katiephd @ June 26, 2008 - 11:42AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anton Stralman?

tongue.gif
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#6 wingnut40

wingnut40

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:24 PM

QUOTE (betterREDthandead @ June 26, 2008 - 01:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HA owned!! October 9th is a little late for me. Last year it was Oct. 3rd. That's like 6 days later. That's almost a week!!! scared.gif I'm already suffering from hockey deprivation.
Go rest high on that mountain, cause son your work on Earth is done. Go to Heaven a'shouting love for the Father and the Son. Ruslan Salei, Brad McCrimmon, Stefan Liv, Pavol Demitra, and the entire Lokomotiv team.

#7 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,339 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:27 PM

4-1 Wings
Zata, Kronwall, Lids, Hudler
The Janitor (I don't know who they even have left after their recent fire sale/ buyouts)

Wait...too soon for a GDT prediction?
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#8 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:32 PM

This is such a great way to kick of the season. With the Wings not having any real rival at this point, there's nothing better than the most bitter rivals of all-time opening a season against one another.

QUOTE (Konnan511 @ June 26, 2008 - 12:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
4-1 Wings
Zata, Kronwall, Lids, Hudler
The Janitor (I don't know who they even have left after their recent fire sale/ buyouts)

Wait...too soon for a GDT prediction?

Jesus! How bad do you think the Wings defense is if the Leafs Janitor can put one by us? laugh.gif

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25, 26 June 2008 - 12:33 PM.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#9 Cicada

Cicada

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 12:41 PM

well...it's where the leafs are kicking off their season...

not necessarily ours, though it does say it'll be the 'start of our defense'

traditionally the conference finalists meet in the 1st game, though ofc that doesn't always happen
IPB Image

#10 octopusonice

octopusonice

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 231 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 01:19 PM

QUOTE (Never Forget Mac #25 @ June 26, 2008 - 10:32AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This is such a great way to kick of the season. With the Wings not having any real rival at this point, there's nothing better than the most bitter rivals of all-time opening a season against one another.

Jesus! How bad do you think the Wings defense is if the Leafs Janitor can put one by us? laugh.gif

Well, with all that mopping and sweeping, he developed a mean slap shot cool.gif

#11 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

Awesome news I for one will be there. I saw Wings VS Leafs in February and yeah we all know what happened there, Cleary got hit in the face by Samelsson and they lost in OT..... Revenge baby ranting.gif

GO WINGS!

Edited by redwingfan19, 26 June 2008 - 02:28 PM.

You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#12 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 02:29 PM

Can't wait

Edited by Z and D for the C, 26 June 2008 - 02:29 PM.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#13 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:28 PM

QUOTE (Never Forget Mac #25 @ June 26, 2008 - 12:23PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anton Stralman?

tongue.gif

No you silly - it's Alex Steen rolleyes.gif

laugh.gif

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#14 Saran

Saran

[[LGW]]

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 03:55 PM

i might be going to Toronto around that time, if i got to watch the game at the joe... ohmy.gif

#15 lfd250

lfd250

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,019 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:04 PM

This may REALLY SUCK! Might mean the boys start the season on the road. 10-1 they open the season OCt 6th in Pittsburgh. Monday night, Versus will carry it.

Why in the hell do the candian teams get a home and home with each other and we are probably stuck with Colu, St Louis, and Carolina?

Edited by lfd250, 26 June 2008 - 04:06 PM.

Keep your stick on the ice - Red Green

#16 sjradio

sjradio

Now coaching GR

• Gold Booster
  • 1,271 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:20 PM

I'd love to see the Wings open the season at Pittsburgh. When they raise their Stanley Cup failure banner...
Posted Image

#17 DatsMyWings13

DatsMyWings13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,851 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 04:29 PM

Can't wait for the season to start!

#18 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE (betterREDthandead @ June 26, 2008 - 12:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ouch! biggrin.gif

*Crosses fingers to potentially playing Minnesota or LA/Anaheim in January/Febraury for a possible vacation*

#19 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:33 PM

QUOTE (lfd250 @ June 26, 2008 - 05:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This may REALLY SUCK! Might mean the boys start the season on the road. 10-1 they open the season OCt 6th in Pittsburgh. Monday night, Versus will carry it.

Why in the hell do the candian teams get a home and home with each other and we are probably stuck with Colu, St Louis, and Carolina?

OP says the game will be the first for the Wings too - "start of the Stanley Cup defense" and all that. So it sounds like Wings-Leafs at the Joe opens up the season. Thursday night is a great night for it too.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#20 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 10:28 PM

Did I miss somewhere in the previous posts, but where is this game being played? Cause I am actually planning a trip to Detroit that is including a visit to Toronto in October. Please somebody tell me, I am really stoked about them playing.
lighten up people, it's the internet!