• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

robat

Wings interested in Ray Emery

Rate this topic

Has anyone read this guys wikipedia? NO Thanks.

My first inclination to this idea was ambivelance -- Cheap contract for a young guy with a lot of talent, who may be going through a rough patch? Might not be bad.

But holy crap does he have some major character issues, after reading all that. No thanks... Babcock is not paid to be a babysitter.

My first inclination to this idea was ambivelance -- Cheap contract for a young guy with a lot of talent, who may be going through a rough patch? Might not be bad.

But holy crap does he have some major character issues, after reading all that. No thanks... Babcock is not paid to be a babysitter.

I have kind of the same reaction. I think he certainly does have some athletic ability and potential to be a #1 goalie again. BUT, could backfire too. Good thing I have complete confidence in Holland. :D

For people worrying about Emery screwing around in the locker room, they got to remember the veterans Detroit have, and how they wouldn't take that s*** from him. Emeryalso needs to find his confidence back, and its about time Howard gets his chance, so no thanks...

utter Bull-Crap :) Kenny will not sign a guy who is even supsect

of being locker room cancer. and Emery is not even suspect.

he has reputation of being slefish, whiny and poisoning pansy.

no, thanks.

utter Bull-Crap :)Kenny will not sign a guy who is even supsect

of being locker room cancer. and Emery is not even suspect.

he has reputation of being slefish, whiny and poisoning pansy.

no, thanks.

He traded for and tried to sign Bertuzzi.

I just heard it on Around the Rinks in 90 Seconds on XM Home Ice. I guess the Wings are interested.

I call BS. If we get Emery I'll throw up.

The difference between former trouble like Cleary and Emery is that Cleary cleaned up his act. Emery has done nothing. He's still a trouble making, whiny, self-involved, lazy cancer. Not exactly the type of player that thrives in the Red Wings system.

Edited by VM1138

On one hand, Emery probably is the best option available for goalies on the free agent market. Names like Andrew Raycroft or Marc Denis don't exactly strike a chord for being a good goalie.

On the other hand, if the Wings are going to sign someone just to be a backup to Osgood, I'd rather have someone who's a lot more low maintenance. You guys keep bringing up this "family enviornment" about playing here, but how exactly is that going to put and keep Emery in his place?

People really, REALLY----PLEASE!!!!---need to stop jumping to conclusions based on fan-written internet articles and one-liners on random radio shows.

XM204 is great. They don't report bulls*** they saw on blogs. Except when Eklund is on (how he got to be on XM I'll never know).

I'll be what looks like the first to say it.....I would take him........but only if he took slightly less than Dom's salary and had a two way deal.

The guy has good potential.....he just needs to grow up.

emery sucks, i saw a lot of this guy and i really cant stand his attitude. he fought mcgrattan in practice and has a reputation of just standing there without moving in practice. we all know about the showing up late, the car accidents and road rage s*** and living in ottawa i know a lot of people who see this ******* at the bars and ive heard from a lot of different people who arent connected that this guy is a HUGE cokehead and doesnt even try to hide it.

NO THANKS!

....but i too have complete faith in kenny and try my hardest not to question his infinite wisdom.

I call BS. If we get Emery I'll throw up.

The difference between former trouble like Cleary and Emery is that Cleary cleaned up his act. Emery has done nothing. He's still a trouble making, whiny, self-involved, lazy cancer. Not exactly the type of player that thrives in the Red Wings system.

Thats horrible reasoning. It took years for Cleary to put his problems behind him, it didn't happen over night. We haven't yet seen how Emery can be outside the Senators. Any hockey fan on the internet should have heard some of the stories about the division in the Ottawa locker room. It goes way beyond Emery. I don't see why a player like Emery can't turn it around like Cleary did.

It's a good idea. I think Emery is a good young goalie with veteran experience who can improve.

Emery could carry the team in the playoffs if Osgood got hurt and probably pretty darn well.

Edited by jim3033

Why?

Because its obvious Ozzie doesn't have what it takes to win a cup and since we are starterless next season... gotta find the next goalie for the goalie-go-round