• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Cicada

Tampa get Malone, Roberts...

Rate this topic

Not a bad deal for Tampa. Roberts is probably done playing, but for Tampa's sake, I hope they can sign Malone. Melrose needs lots of help!

Edited by LIDDYGIBBY5

Guest Dump-N-Thump

On HF, there was a poster who met Melrose at the season ticket holders party or something like that.. And they discussed hockey and everything..

heres what he said

I talked to Barry Melrose earlier today while at the Season Tickets Holder party (was first in line for autographs/photos, so i had plenty of time to chit chat). He pretty much guaranteed the return of Andre Roy. He said it was one of the top priority's of the Lightning, and not just because of his popularity. (i brought up the "We Want Roy" chants.)

We also talked a lot about Marty McSorley, hockey fighting, and basically dressing the toughest team possible (more than the typical press conference type answers). I dropped the names of Godard, Hordichuk, and he said they're pretty much looking at everyone. And not just Roy. I forgot to bring up Darcy Tucker.

I asked if he ever goes on Hockeyfights.com, and he said yes. He said he watches a ton of hockey fights. I brought up Probert vs. McSorley, and he agreed, as most people do.

Great event. And the $1 dollar draft beers (12 ounce) didn't hurt.

Sounds like good fun :D

Why is it so unanimous that Roberts isn't playing? The guy's in better shape than anyone in the NHL and can play 3 more years if he wanted to.

If this does or does not happen, I could really see big things coming from T. Bay.

Why is it so unanimous that Roberts isn't playing? The guy's in better shape than anyone in the NHL and can play 3 more years if he wanted to.

Yeah, its not like broken legs or pneumonia affect how a person plays or anything

Yeah, its not like broken legs or pneumonia affect how a person plays or anything

Hey, wanna spare the sarcasm for a minute? The guy played like a beast over the playoffs, and still proved himself as a workhorse. Regardless of injuries and so on and so forth, he is a 3rd or 4th line checker that ANY team would take. The broken legs and other illnesses prevented him from really just being a 1st or 2nd line stud, but he still can muck it up with the best of them and is one of the most passionate players to ever play.

Good deal for Tampa, espicially if both sign.

Also good news to see Melrose giving Roy another chance, one of my favorite enforcers.

I wonder though, if Tampa are looking at a big name d-man. They have a good top 4 (Boyle, Kuba, O'Brien, Ranger) But they could benefit from another 16+ minute defenceman.

Hey, wanna spare the sarcasm for a minute? The guy played like a beast over the playoffs, and still proved himself as a workhorse. Regardless of injuries and so on and so forth, he is a 3rd or 4th line checker that ANY team would take. The broken legs and other illnesses prevented him from really just being a 1st or 2nd line stud, but he still can muck it up with the best of them and is one of the most passionate players to ever play.

I have hated him for a long time so argue as you may you won't change my views on him. although i can see that you are correct, he's passionate. i could do without the hitting high and from behind, though

I have hated him for a long time so argue as you may you won't change my views on him. although i can see that you are correct, he's passionate. i could do without the hitting high and from behind, though

Yeah, the cheap shot on Franzen was uncalled for.

Yeah, the cheap shot on Franzen was uncalled for.

Yeah, too much passion I guess lol. Back on topic though, can't see Roberts playing for a team that just finished in the bottom of the league. Malone would be pretty good there, they have a decent selection of forwards. If Tampa gets a defenseman or two in free agency and Smith turns out to be a totally legit goaltender, they have themselves a team.

Edited by SnipeShow

If this does or does not happen, I could really see big things coming from T. Bay.

He had trouble cracking the lineup for a cup contender. He will be a year older and have the same problems, unless he goes to a non contender and I'm sure he doesn't want that.

That is just my two cents.

Pens probably didnt want to end up in this situation: they lose Hossa, Malone, and Roberts.

but id expect them to make a hard push for Sundin, especially after losing Hossa for absolutely nothing, and giving away two good players when they traded for him at the deadline.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

I'am going to need to get center ice this year, thats for sure..

good for tampa i love it. they are realy trying to turn it around.

I'am going to need to get center ice this year, thats for sure..

good for tampa i love it. they are realy trying to turn it around.

Malone is good, yes, but Roberts? The guy is an all-grit sort of guy, nothing else. I fail to see how they'll turn it around with him. he's a non-factor.

They're improving slightly, but I really don't see them in any different position than last year at this point. Malone is the only improvement and he's not quite good enough to really have a massive impact on a team.

Signing Malone is a good move and Tampa is sure to benefit from it...

..but it's going to be unbearable hearing the sports talk radio down here boasting about how Tampa will be back in the playoffs again. Malone is about the 7th or 8th legitimate NHL guy they have on their roster now.

Good to see the owner holding on his promise to spend money, though.