• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hoogs

Fedorov?

Rate this topic

Is he going to stay in Washington? Is he going to retire? Do the Wings have any interest. I know at the trade deadline they were said to be interested in him but didnt want to give up a top prospect for him like Washington did.

Is he going to stay in Washington? Is he going to retire? Do the Wings have any interest. I know at the trade deadline they were said to be interested in him but didnt want to give up a top prospect for him like Washington did.

Pretty sure he is staying in Washington

Speaking of DVDs wasnt it Fedorov who sent out DVDs of himself (his highlights) to teams right before he signed with the Duckies lol.

I know he probably wont end up with Detroit, I was just wondering if there were any reports out there

I'm pretty sure the rumors the Wings were interested in him at the deadline was B.S.

No way he comes back to Detroit. Too much baggage specifically with Detroit.

Det had interest, CBJ wanted Filp and a 1st rounder from us, so we obviously didn't take that

CBJ was willing to trade to Washington for much less because they aren't their bitter rivals, I guess

Speaking of DVDs wasnt it Fedorov who sent out DVDs of himself (his highlights) to teams right before he signed with the Duckies lol.

Well if he did I would love a copy of the DVD of then and a DVD of since signed with the Ducks... I wonder which one would be better... :sly:

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Det had interest, CBJ wanted Filp and a 1st rounder from us, so we obviously didn't take that

CBJ was willing to trade to Washington for much less because they aren't their bitter rivals, I guess

Absolutely correct, they had no intention of trading him to a divisional opponent so they asked for something they knew we would reject.

Also, I thought it was reported that Babcock nixed the idea and said he didn't want him.

??????

If thats true I hope Holland laughed his ass off and hung up

Guest Shoreline

Even if the Wings had any interest I'd not want the guy back.

I appreciate the 3 cups he helped the team on, but the way he left, plus the few other contract spats he had, tells me it wouldn't be good for the team today.

There's simply much better out there, and I know some won't like it, but I enjoy the crowd getting riled up and booing him. Anything to wake up the Joe.

I appreciate the 3 cups he helped the team on, but the way he left, plus the few other contract spats he had, tells me it wouldn't be good for the team today.

wow, people will look for any excuse to try and stop Fedorov from coming back.

Guest Shoreline

Some of us just don't like how he left the team and doubly screwed the Wings. Anyone who would do what he did would certainly not get a welcome back from me.

I don't think they need excuses. there's plenty of legit reasons for him not to come back, the biggest being we don't need him. Talk of Fedorov coming back is usually mostly about nostalgia.

And I have no hard feelings about how he left. I think he'd probably be better off staying in Washington.

Pretty sure he is staying in Washington

I want him back with the Wings but if not i'm more than happy to see him with the Caps . either way i wish him good luck.......oh and another reason i wouldn't mind him staying with the Caps is cause i have a Washington Capitals Federov jersey. :D

I remember hearing an interview with him and he sorta mentioned about wanting to return to Detroit. I've seen the guy around the detroit area in the summer time, he loves it here, i hear he's got a place in the thumb, a place in the metro area.

Now the guy screwed the wings and in my opinion totally destroyed his playing career after he left. It felt like betrayal. With all that being said, I personally would like to see him back in detroit, on certain terms of course.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

He' meshing well with OV, no reason for Wash to not bring him back

Much like the usefullness of D-mac... Bring back Fedorov!

And yes he still has ties here to the state with his home being in Birmignham-ish area.

Edited by OsGOD

mixed feelings about bringing him back. i wouldn't want to give him more than a one year contract, but i'd take him if we cant get any of the big names.

i gotta say the wings seem like the best option for sundin. we can give him a big one year contract, then let him retire with a cup, and resign z and mule to big contracts.

he'd be great on the second line