• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TheWestWing

$20M for Sundin?

Rate this topic

Talking heads on TSN say VAN is offering Matts $20M for 2 years - $5M signing bonus, $5M a year @ 2, and $5M at end.

Insane (tho I think the have like 20 or summin PPV games that they charge $14 each - guess they wanna give em summin to watch).

Talking heads on TSN say VAN is offering Matts $20M for 2 years - $5M signing bonus, $5M a year @ 2, and $5M at end.

Insane (tho I think the have like 20 or summin PPV games that they charge $14 each - guess they wanna give em summin to watch).

Seriously, its Gillis' only chance, Vancouver is desperate. They need an immediate impact and Sundin would give them that. He would give them an instant first line so they could put the Sedins back on the second line where they belong. Naslund, or his replacement if he leaves, will play with Sundin, as would Morrison's replacement.

Sure they would over pay him by a lot, but he would be a big draw to get someone else out to Vancouver. A 2 yr deal is long enough to get a shot while Luongo is still there, but short enough that it won't mortgage the future.

Mr Squidgy (aka Kyle notso Wellwood) had his best season playing with Matsy. Yes, I know its hard to digest, but the Canucks best options are Leafs's castoffs. :thumbup:

Guest Shoreline

Can he change his name to Mats Sedin? I get tired of making fun of the "twins". Would rather it be triplets.

I would love to know who these "replacements" are going to be. If they get Sundin, they have him and the Sedins and no more offense. They will score 1.5 gpg.

Edited by redwinger4747

I read that he was offered a 1 yr 7 million contract by Ken Holland, Red Wings from what I read seem more interested in getting Bertuzzi back here with Kenny saying that he did quite well when he was with us and was pleased with his time here.

Sundin is going somewhere he can win a cup soon imo

ya for sure, he won't go to vancouver, they have as little as a chance of winning the cup as TML, if hes going somewhere its certainly not for the money, its for the cup and nothing else.

It looks like the Canucks are putting all their eggs in one basket in overpaying for Sundin. They were already turned away by Backus from St. Louis. Most everybody has done at least something in the last 24 hours, Vancouver is seemingly sitting on the sidelines, not good for a rookie GM who is a former player agent. Linden is gone, he is most likely going to lose Naslund, he was unsuccessful with Backus, and now the hopes of Canucks nation are riding on Mats Sundin, who may not play, who may want to play for a contender, who may consider another team.

Despite the rumors, I don't think the Wings are out of the Sundin picture yet. He might want to play with the "Swedish" team (I know the Sedins are swedes too)

But in all honesty. I would hope that Sundin sees the Canucks offer as a hail mary to save the Canucks 08-09 season, which by the looks of things is going to be a major dissapointment, and training camp hasn't even started yet.

I say the Wings offer him a couple mil for the cap, and then just give him the Tigers, under the table of course. Hell give him Joe Louis Arena. He could rename it "Mats Sundin Arena". He could rename the Tigers and call them the Detroit Mats! Hell I dont know anymore. I wish he would just sign with anybody at this point. I think Phoenix takes him and Hossa both That way Gretzky can come out of retirement and create a top scoring line. lol j/k, very tired tonight!

There's been some real strange stuff going on. Toronto isn't really surprising but still after a while you just expect them to make a good signing, at least accidentally. Chicago, what $12-13M bundled up in two goalies? And how the hell does Redden get a 6 year contract worth that much? The Caps sign Theodore to a bloated contract but I can't really blame them for some reason (I still expect Näslund to sign here for some reason).... the list goes on....

2008's Scott Neidermeyer. Only this time it isn't just his own franchise he threatens to harm.

I'm sorry, but that's a horrible thing to say given that the situations are completely opposite. Sundin is under no obligation to anyone, including the Leafs. Neids was (and still is) contracted by the Ducks.

If there's one thing Mats has never done to his franchise, it threaten to harm them. Unless you think his loyalty and desire to win the Cup the hard way is reason to fault him for not waiving his NTC.