• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Ryder to Bruins

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

can someone bring up bostons cap number please? i think they are out of the hossa running now

can someone bring up bostons cap number please? i think they are out of the hossa running now

They were out of the running once they couldn't find any takers for their junk (Glen Murray). They had less than 7M pre-July 1st. Now they must have less than 3M.

This is a terrible signing by the way. 4M for 31 points.

D. Cleary 63 games 42p

J. Hudler 81 games 42p

T. Holmstrom 59 games 40p

M. Samuelsson 73 games 40p

J. Franzen 72 games 38p

V. Filppula 78 games 36p

Everybody makes less than 4M! No wonder that Detroit is the best team in the League. OMG... Sammy has more points than Mule...

To be fair, '07-'08 was a real off season for Ryder. He's normally good for 30 goals, 60 points. I think he'll rebound and he'll be alright. Still not a great deal by any means, but let's look at the bigger picture here.

To be fair, '07-'08 was a real off season for Ryder. He's normally good for 30 goals, 60 points. I think he'll rebound and he'll be alright. Still not a great deal by any means, but let's look at the bigger picture here.

Theres something the Habs knew/know about him that we don't. They were very reluctant to re-sign Ryder last off-season and only did so on a one year deal on purpose (they needed his offense). And this is AFTER two back to back 30 goal seasons.

Theres something the Habs knew/know about him that we don't. They were very reluctant to re-sign Ryder last off-season and only did so on a one year deal on purpose (they needed his offense). And this is AFTER two back to back 30 goal seasons.

I'll be the first to admit that I haven't watched Ryder enough to make judgements, but just looking at the stats, I question his desire to work defensively. He's been a - player in every season but one. So, that may be part of it. Again, I've only watched him play a handful of times, but that could be part of it.

I don't get it. After bad season(s) players are getting still great contracts, even better than they had. Look at Ryder, Redden. This doesn't make sense. GM's are hoping that these guys can bounce back. Good luck for them!

I don't get it. After bad season(s) players are getting still great contracts, even better than they had. Look at Ryder, Redden. This doesn't make sense. GM's are hoping that these guys can bounce back. Good luck for them!

A lot of GMs probably figure that the down season has something to do with the fact that it was their walk year and that they were placing a lot of pressure on themselves to perform. I mean, you look at a guy like Redden and you have a guy who is a consistent 45-50 point guy who is responsible defensively and can move the puck. He has a down year. Which do you think is the real Redden: the one who struggled in his free agent season or the one who was one of the league's better defenseman in the nine seasons prior?

A lot of GMs probably figure that the down season has something to do with the fact that it was their walk year and that they were placing a lot of pressure on themselves to perform. I mean, you look at a guy like Redden and you have a guy who is a consistent 45-50 point guy who is responsible defensively and can move the puck. He has a down year. Which do you think is the real Redden: the one who struggled in his free agent season or the one who was one of the league's better defenseman in the nine seasons prior?

I might be wrong, but Redden had not just one average season. His last two seasons were not so impressive, Sens tried to trade him several times. I really hope that these signings will be good, but they are the risky ones.