• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cicada

Marian Hossa a Red Wing, 1yr, $7.45m

Rate this topic

The Pens will go back to stinking again.

They already Lost Malone, Roberts, Hossa..and Orpik told them to go to hell as well. Holding onto to ruutu and Sydor aren't saving their ship.

And don't forget that they essentially gave up Colby Armstrong, Erik Christensen, Angelo Esposito and a first round draft pick for another player who is now on our roster.

Schadenfreude, anyone? :D

haha i forwarded the tsn link to my boss, then i went to rub it in (he is a huge oilers fan) he looks up, sees me smiling and just says "get out, keep ******* walking i don't want to talk to you"

LMAO

If Holland can manage to swing signing Flip as well (which I think he can, cause I dont think he woulda gone after Hossa for one year to lose Flip, especially since they JUST won the cup) I will be amazed.

A) HOLY CRAP THIS IS EPIC. :scared: :scared: :scared: :scared:

B) Somebody asked about draft pick compensation for RFAs...

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=241735

If Flip will only sign for something crazygonutz to leave detroit, like 5.5 (realistically, if someone offered you that, wouldn't you take it? LoL) then the wings would get 2 first rounders 1 second and 1 third.

... What could the wings possibly do with those?!?!

:blink:

Trade for Flip back at the trade-deadline =)

TSN said that Hossa was told that $7.4M was the max because no one on the team would be paid more than Nick.

"The $7.4 million that Hossa will earn next season, is the most Detroit would pay anyone - even an unrestricted free agent. The Red Wings were insistent that no one earn more money than six-time Norris Trophy winner Nicklas Lidstrom."

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242261&lid...os=topStory_nhl

I absolutely love this quote and applaud Kenny for making it. Hossa is great, but no one *on the Wings* deserves Nick Lidstrom. If you want to come to Detroit, you're gonna take less than the best player in the league's home-town discount.

So, we have the best defense in the league and the best top-six in the league. Uh, not even fair...

Yeah, I was thinking that too. This really isn't fair to the rest of the league. :lol: And they can't even pull that whole "Yankees of the NHL" crap, because everyone's got the same salary cap limitations. We just have the best GM in the league (not to mention a classy organization) on our side.

HOLY FRACKING MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I never, NEVER, NEVER expected us to sign Hossa. I thought all those calling for Kenny to sign him weren't living in the real world. This is just unbelievable. What a team we have - but now, anything less than the cup is total failure with this roster.

The Red Wings were insistent that no one earn more money than six-time Norris Trophy winner Nicklas Lidstrom

Damn straight. I'd like to see ANY agent argue against Kenny when he says that :D