• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Cicada

Marian Hossa a Red Wing, 1yr, $7.45m

Rate this topic

So, we have the best defense in the league and the best top-six in the league. Uh, not even fair...

We have the best goalie in the NHL too. :)

i'm so hyper right now with what the Wings are doing this offseason . we were unstopable last season and all we are doing is getting stronger , this is Wings domination time!!!! :cool:

Just when i thought the wings couldn't get any better, they go and do something like this...

AND MAKE THE TEAM COMPLETELY UNBEATABLE.

holy effing crapstick batman!!!!

i seriously got chills. insane. completely insane. not in 100000 years did i think we'd land him.

man i can't wait for the season to start...

LETS GO WINGS

Hossa wanted to come here at the trade deadline Atlanta did not bit. Handshake at the end of game 6 what did he say to to wings? This was a done deal I would say at 12 pm July 1st just had to talk money and incentives.

He wanted to be a WING I do not think he listened to the other offers except from Pens maybe. But my gut tells me this was going to happen us Ken's know these things

There are a lot of Penguins fans out there right now that just don't understand why Hossa would take a 1 year deal to play for Detroit. As a rec league hockey player, if I was given the choice to play for 7.5 million a year for 6 years and play for 7 million for 1 year but my chance to win the cup would be much much better, I would opt for the 1 year deal. If I am playing professional hockey, my goal is to win the stanley cup every year. The deal Hossa signed is not without risk. If he sustains a career ending injury, he wouldn't get that much contract money from insurance. However, the benefits are awesome. He gets a chance to win a cup, and its an excellent chance at that.

He has played in at least 78 games in 7 of the last 8 seasons. Last season he only played in 72, but big deal. He scored 66 points last season, and will score more in a very offensive puck possession system in Detroit. If he gets 1st line, which I think he will, he will top 80 points next season and I wouldn't be surprised if he hits 100.

So I guess this means no to Federov? :huh: *runs and hides away*

Fedorov is a 12 goal scorer any more. Hossa will finally score 50 this year. If you wanna root for Fedorov go buy a caps jersey. No talk of Fedorov is a Hossa thread

HOLY f***! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :D :D :D : D :D this is f***en unbelievable I read this on TSN and ran upstairs in excitement to find my phone n call ppl hahaha omg this is amazing I love you mr.Holland u just made my freakin day! ONE question though ppl..how much cap room do we have to still sign Filpulla and perhaps if we need ne1 else lalala WHOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :-D GO WINGS GO BABY! WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOLY f***! OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG :D :D :D : D :D this is f***en unbelievable I read this on TSN and ran upstairs in excitement to find my phone n call ppl hahaha omg this is amazing I love you mr.Holland u just made my freakin day! ONE question though ppl..how much cap room do we have to still sign Filpulla and perhaps if we need ne1 else lalala WHOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAA :-D GO WINGS GO BABY! WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the roughly have about 4 million to spend on Val

Fedorov is a 12 goal scorer any more. Hossa will finally score 50 this year. If you wanna root for Fedorov go buy a caps jersey. No talk of Fedorov is a Hossa thread

IT WAS A JOKE CALM DOWN <_<

This deal is not all it's cut out to be, Hossa is essentially a full season Rent-a-Player which will mess with people's heads, his own dedication to the team etc. knowing he will be gone after one season, plus he's a disappearing act in the playoffs except against Osgood who he owns. Sundin is a heart and soul leader, a Swede, and a right-handed shot and would've been a much better choice and I'd have paid $1 million or two more to get him for one year (why is Sundin looking for 2 years if he's not even sure he wants to come back for NEXT year?!)...

Heh :rolleyes::scared::blink:

WOW! Didn't see that coming! The boys must have really impressed him in the Finals - he wanted to switch sides! And to think he was the one with the last shot there on Oz - very strange and fortuitous.

I actually feel bad for the Pens - thought they'd resign him and they lost several good players. At least our GM rocks!

post-2668-1215024589_thumb.jpg

This deal is not all it's cut out to be, Hossa is essentially a full season Rent-a-Player which will mess with people's heads, his own dedication to the team etc. knowing he will be gone after one season, plus he's a disappearing act in the playoffs except against Osgood who he owns. Sundin is a heart and soul leader, a Swede, and a right-handed shot and would've been a much better choice and I'd have paid $1 million or two more to get him for one year (why is Sundin looking for 2 years if he's not even sure he wants to come back for NEXT year?!)...

You fail on 2 accounts.

Not only was he a rent-a-player for Pittsburgh last season and put up big numbers, he also put up those big numbers (12 goals, 14 assists over the span of 20 games) in the playoffs.

Not to mention, he had a 15.8 shooting percentage over the course of the playoffs and a higher PPG than both Datsyuk and Zetterberg.