• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
LidstromIsASuperhero

Obligatory forward lines thread for next season

Rate this topic

Okay I just can't get over my excitement over the acquisition of signing Hossa, and combine that with the fact I'm a little drunk and just sat on my front porch messing with line-ups, I decided to start the thread we all knew would come from somewhere. I feel as though Hossa has filled in the final hole and the possibilities of our forward lines are nearly endless now. Here is what I have come up with:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Hossa-Filpula-Franzen

Cleary-Draper-Samuellson

Maltby-Kopecky-Hudler

I feel as though with these lines you have a little of every element on each line. I think you soulc swap the positions of Zetterberg and Filpula, since Filpula is basically a poor man's zetterberg who doesn't shoot (or pass) as much, and you could also have kopecky trade places with draper if you wanted a fourth line that is more geared with extra players for special teams versus having it set up to roll four lines, even though I think Draper is a little too good a player to be stuck on the fourth line.

Yeah I could go for a Datsyuk Zetterberg split. I could even have datsyuk Zetterberg Filpula and draper be centers of lines one through four. I just left Z on the line with Homer because I don't know if Filpula is really going to shoot enough for holmstrom to use his strengths in front of the net. I just now realized I misspelled forward on the thread title. Jack daniels is one serious motherf***er lol.

Guest mindfly

Whats the fuzz about Leino.. just a prospect among many others... he must play in GR a year or two first, adapt to smaller rinks, style of play etc.

Okay I just can't get over my excitement over the acquisition of signing Hossa, and combine that with the fact I'm a little drunk

...and you have me! *high five* :lol:

To be honest, I'd really only want to see Hossa playing with Hank and Dats if it's on the PP. The thought of putting a guy making 7.4 on the second line is a little weird, but ideally, I'd like to see the ZDH line kept together, with Hossa and Franzen flanking Flip on the second line. Flip is a playmaker, Hossa is the ultimate finisher, and Mule's a monster down low. Makes perfect sense.

Sammy needs to be traded for some pics. There is no point to have him. His position has been filled by Hossa, regardless of his right shot. Sure he had that big SCF two goal game, but that was his ONLY moment of glory since last season when he scored two goals to knock out the sharks 4-2.

with that.... I expect Helm to kick some ass in training camp and make the starting team.

hossa - datsyuk - homer

filp - zata - franzen

maltby - draper - cleary

helm - hudler - kopecy

the enforcers Dmac and Downey play the role of the 13th forward. Helm or leino will seriously battle for that forward spot, it will be interesting to see what happens. Helm I thought was amazing in the SCF. He lead two games in a row with hits, and he was the fastest skater out there! That is promise, but maybe some more time could help him get his skills down. Hopefully Leino can step it up and turn some heads.

Edited by ashenhigh

I doubt it will happen, but I'd like to trade Sammy

I assume he'll be playing on a line with Draper and Cleary, which is fine by me, as he played the best hockey of his career during that short stint with Draper and Drake.

That'd be one hell of a checking line.

Sammy needs to be traded for some pics. There is no point to have him. His position has been filled by Hossa, regardless of his right shot. Sure he had that big SCF two goal game, but that was his ONLY moment of glory since last season when he scored two goals to knock out the sharks 4-2.

with that.... I expect Helm to kick some ass in training camp and make the starting team.

hossa - datsyuk - homer

filp - zata - franzen

maltby - draper - cleary

helm - hudler - kopecy

the enforcers Dmac and Downey play the role of the 13th forward. Helm or leino will seriously battle for that forward spot, it will be interesting to see what happens. Helm I thought was amazing in the SCF. He lead two games in a row with hits, and he was the fastest skater out there! That is promise, but maybe some more time could help him get his skills down. Hopefully Leino can step it up and turn some heads.

They don't make picks low enough to trade Sammy for.

Edited by LIDDYGIBBY5

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Hossa

Cleary-Kopecky-Samuelsson

Hudler-Draper-Malby

Something has to give here, because we have Helm touted as the next Draper, can't not play Hudler who has been playing great. I personally think Kopecky or Samuelsson is the odd man out, more likely Sammy because I think we have plenty of Wingers. I like the idea of DZH staying together, and I think the FFH second line could be incredible too. Then again, that all depends on Flip's play, hoping he gets signed quick. Hossa may be here under the assumption he gets either Pav or Hank centering him, tho I think with our top line being the main focus, swapping Hossa for Sammy on the Filppula line spells double PWN, since they tore it up in the playoffs with an inferior winger in Samuelsson. Should be fun to watch...

Whats the fuzz about Leino.. just a prospect among many others... he must play in GR a year or two first, adapt to smaller rinks, style of play etc.

Wait, wait, who was that Henrik Zetterberg guy? Too bad we ruined his career by not spending time in Grand Rapids.

Hossa Zetts Homer

Franzen Dats Flipper

Sammy Draper Cleary

Maltby Helm Kopecky

McCarty

That is just the way I see it

Why would they put Zetterberg with Hossa? If anything they will probably put Dats with Hossa because Pavel is more of a set up man, where as Zetterberg is a goal scorer.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Z-D-Homer-

Hossa-Flipper-Franzen -

Cleary-Drapes-Sammy-

Maltby-Kopecky-Rex

That pretty much the only way it can happen. Minus the minor switches during game.

Guest mindfly

Does it really matter if its Datsyuk or Zetterberg that Hossa is playing with? They are equally good anyways

About our powerplay... do you guys think hossa should replace homer in the 1st pp unit? no one will stand in front of the net but we get a sniper and overall better player hmmm...

Does it really matter if its Datsyuk or Zetterberg that Hossa is playing with? They are equally good anyways

About our powerplay... do you guys think hossa should replace homer in the 1st pp unit? no one will stand in front of the net but we get a sniper and overall better player hmmm...

Datsyuk – Zetterberg – Holmstrom

Filppula – Franzen – Hossa

Maltby – Draper – Cleary

Hudler – Kopecky – Samuelsson

Meech

Lidstrom – Rafalski

Kronwall – Stuart

Lilja – Lebda

Chelios

Quincey

Osgood

Conklin

Guest Dump-N-Thump
Why do you guys constantly include that bum Kopecky in your line combos?

Helm is better than him, or you could also use that spot for an enforcer. Kopecky is the most overrated player on LGW.

Ask Patrick Sharp if Kopecky is an enforcer or not.

What he said....

Look what that line did in Game 1 of the Stanley Cup Finals.

Look what he did in just about every other game of the season. He has a wicked hard shot the rings off of the glass nearly every time he shoots. If he does get the puck on net it is right in the chest of the goalie. I don't think he will bring much to this team in a back-checking defensive role if he plays with Draper.