• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

sjradio

Wow, Pittsburghers are really ticked

Rate this topic

Guest CaliWingsNut

Ya gotta love it...

ahh yeah that's it... our commercials, thugged up mayor, wonderful michigan economics and city suck so bad that everyone wants to be here. Has to be it!

Well... then again it's my hometown, not my town lol.

After watching that video, (loosely quoting mitch album) I want my minute back.

Edited by CaliWingsNut

"You know I could point out here that the difference between the Penguins and the Red Wings, fresh from the same delicious Stanley Cup final, needn't be measured in miles. I could point out that if Marian Hossa gets to Mr. Crosby's last-second rebound in Game 6 a split second quicker, or if Marian Hossa shows up at all for Games 1 and 2, that the Stanley Cup might today be in the possession of his employer as of the day before yesterday, but no."

:lol: sour grapes?

Well I can sympathize to a certain extent, I was a bit annoyed when we lost to Anaheim in the WCF and then Schneider and Bertuzzi changed out of our uniform and right into theirs.......But annoyed was where it ended, I wasn't completely irate or blaming them or either club.

First of all because I knew Kenny hadn't left himself in a position cap wise to be left for dead by the move for Bertuzzi, sure it sucks watching Mattias start to come into his own knowing we pissed him away for a rental but that's the life of a GM, you have to gamble, and you don't always win, but you DO make sure you're not going to bust in the process.

Secondly because its a business, players are contracted workers, if there is a more promising opportunity somewhere then else don't expect them to stick around for better or worse like Pitt did with Hossa, they're your employee not your spouse. Kenny is probably one of the smartest GM's in sports and he knew damn well that Schneider and Bertuzzi would test free agency and he had a plan B waiting.

This is where the difference comes in between those occurances to us and the ones this offseason to Pittsburgh, their GM didn't plan nearly as well for the future, they've lost so many this summer already its like sars spread through the locker room. They got Malkin and Orpik back but they should have seen these problems coming and perhaps done as we did and passed on Marian at the deadline instead of trading tons of talent to rent him, instead they had to hope he would take their offer or pray that they can pick up Jagr because otherwise barring an amazing trade they aren't going to be able to fill the hole Marian left.

Edited by #19forPresident!

Did i read it right, because it sounded to me like he just said wings will not win consecutive stanley cups...Ha, well assface, whatever helps you sleep at night. All I can say is I sleep pretty well with my brand new, red wings Hossa jersey beside me.

He apparently won't be dissuaded until it's clear the Red Wings won't win a second consecutive Cup, and if it were the Penguins who precluded that eventuality early next June, some wounds around here might close.

Ha, okay then! Not like the Wings dominated most of the finals with Hossa playing AGAINST us or anything.

wow "Crosby's Right Winger" .. geez

That is why you don't want to play in Pittsburgh. Imagine, if Detroit media calls him Mule's Right Winger :lol: The Pens are all about Sidney Crosby, but Detroit is a TEAM.

HAHA!! how bitter is gene collier? you expect that kind of childish response from fans on message boards but not from a journalist. does he really believe that the only difference between the wings and the pens was a couple of bounces?!? how can anyone argue that the wings were not the better team in that series and did not deserve to win the cup?

and since that series detroit have locked up their key players whilst malone, roberts, hall and ruutu have all left pittsburgh.

so how can he possibly argue with hossa's view that the wings present a greater shot at the cup than the pens?!? especially when you consider that hossa was the pens best player in that series so if he swaps teams then the difference between the 2 is even greater.

another key factor that mr collier neglects to mention is the 2 coaches - i would say that the vast majority of players would much rather play for babcock than therrien.

collier really is an ignorant, sour and deluded fool.

HAHA!! how bitter is gene collier? you expect that kind of childish response from fans on message boards but not from a journalist. does he really believe that the only difference between the wings and the pens was a couple of bounces?!? how can anyone argue that the wings were not the better team in that series and did not deserve to win the cup?

and since that series detroit have locked up their key players whilst malone, roberts, hall and ruutu have all left pittsburgh.

so how can he possibly argue with hossa's view that the wings present a greater shot at the cup than the pens?!? especially when you consider that hossa was the pens best player in that series so if he swaps teams then the difference between the 2 is even greater.

another key factor that mr collier neglects to mention is the 2 coaches - i would say that the vast majority of players would much rather play for babcock than therrien.

collier really is an ignorant, sour and deluded fool.

Hossa was good in that series but Crosby and Fleury were both far better. Far better.

Perhaps someone has already asked this, but doesn't this put the Wings in a bit of a tight spot with regards to Filpula? I could easily see someone offering him an offer sheet around 3-4 mil and putting the Wings in a bad spot. What am I missing? No one seems all that concerned.

Apparently the team that lost the Stanley Cup and many of it's key players in the offseason has a better shot of winning next year than the team that not only won the Stanley Cup, but managed to keep it's roster in tact and add a top scorer to it.

I read this earlier:

The Penguins have indeed moved on, but several players tell us they still believe Hossa wanted to return. This is consistent with what we were told by players three weeks ago -- that Hossa was expressing optimism to them he would come back. To quote one player: "Everybody on our team knows what screwed this up -- it wasn't Marian and it wasn't (general manager Ray Shero)."

In terms of the quote at the end, not sure what that's all about. Is the reference to Terrien? Could be since I've heard a lot about players not wanting to play for him over the past couple weeks. The only other possibility would be Winter.

Edited by toby91_ca

Perhaps someone has already asked this, but doesn't this put the Wings in a bit of a tight spot with regards to Filpula? I could easily see someone offering him an offer sheet around 3-4 mil and putting the Wings in a bad spot. What am I missing? No one seems all that concerned.

I like Flip but I wouldn't be all that disappointed if someone signed him to an offer sheet and we got at least a first and third rounder.

watch the pens offer something we cant match, but I think he really wants to be here bad.

My friend is a diehard Penguins fan. This is what he emailed last night "I hope Hossa breaks his ******* neck; what a gutless, s***ty thing to do..." I just told it's a business, but I can understand why he would be upset.

Hossa was good in that series but Crosby and Fleury were both far better. Far better.

i think it was pretty even between crosby and hossa but both were better than fleury. whilst he made a lot of big saves and had a couple of great games he also gave up a lot of weak goals at crucial times.

I disagree. I thought Hossa was their best player on the ice, by far. Fleury had one unbelievable game but he also let in some soft goals that really handcuffed his team. (The Zetterberg goal, for example). Crosby didn't do much to impress me except in game three. Plus, Cindy's defensive skills leave a lot to be desired. Hossa played very well both ways and it got to the point where I was looking to see if he was on the ice instead of whether Crosby or Malkin were on the ice because he scared me.