• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Leafs to move McCabe, one way or another

Rate this topic

Here's a clip from Cliff Fletcher yesterday on the Bill Watters Show. Fletch does not include McCabe as part of the Leafs defence next year. McCabe has three years left at $5.75 million on the cap.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VK9RzbR6CY

Also, the defenceman that Fletch mentions signing in the next couple days is SEL defenceman Jonas Frogren.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

There not dumb enough to Buy him out.

They cant trade him.

how can they move him?

Who needs McCabe, when you got Finger... Keep it up, and you never be good again... it's a shame, 'cause Toronto just has to be a good team

EDIT: Why is McCabe so dumb, if you are not wanted, then just waive it... plus he can choose a team

Edited by jawbreaker

They cant trade him.

how can they move him?

The apparent current plan is to make him a healthy scratch every night until he accepts a trade. If he gets fed up and leaves the team, they suspend him and he's off the cap and the payroll.

Guest Four

Hopefully, the Wings sign him for 750k/year @ 6 years and put him in GR for the majority of it.. Then if we lose like 5 to injuries, then we have a replacement

Edited by Four

Guest Dump-N-Thump

He is still a valuable player, Toronto should of just stuck it out and built the D around him..

Why did they sign Finger to so many years then? Does it take that long for an assassin to do his work?

The way Finger played in Colorado, it's possible he's a little slow, sure.

With all the booing and hatred from the media, I'm surprised McCabe doesn't want to move. I guarantee there's 5 teams out there that would love his service. Plus, with Tucker gone, I'm even more surprised he's staying. Him and Tucker seemed like best friends.

With all the booing and hatred from the media, I'm surprised McCabe doesn't want to move. I guarantee there's 5 teams out there that would love his service. Plus, with Tucker gone, I'm even more surprised he's staying. Him and Tucker seemed like best friends.

He does, he's just playing hardball with the Leafs. I think he wants a buyout (I believe there's a second buyout window in August) but won't get it, at least not until after this season.

It's a big game of chicken, to see who blinks first.

So then who's left? Blake and Kaberle? Stanley Cup, here they come.

Well, a very young team. Currently, only three forwards over 30 (two of them, Devereaux & Mayers, on the 4th line). Up front, likely to showcase young'uns like Tlusty (20), Kulemin (21), Steen (24), Stajan (24), Grabovsky (24), Bell (27), Antropov (28), Ponikarovsky (28), Hagman (28).

Who knows who will be on defence. McCabe gone, perhaps Kubina, too.

That leaves Kaberle (30), Finger (28), Colaiacovo (25), Kronwall (25), White (24) & Stralman (21). Potentially, 18-year old Luke Schenn, too.

It's a young, rebuilding team.

Edited by MacK_Attack

Well, a very young team. Currently, only three forwards over 30 (two of them, Devereaux & Mayers, on the 4th line). Up front, likely to showcase young'uns like Tlusty (20), Kulemin (21), Steen (24), Stajan (24), Grabovsky (24), Bell (27), Antropov (28), Ponikarovsky (28), Hagman (28).

Who knows who will be on defence. McCabe gone, perhaps Kubina, too.

That leaves Kaberle (30), Finger (28), Colaiacovo (25), Kronwall (25), White (24) & Stralman (21). Potentially, 18-year old Luke Schenn, too.

It's a young, rebuilding team.

Well, you got the young part right. :lol:

I feel for you Mack.

The apparent current plan is to make him a healthy scratch every night until he accepts a trade. If he gets fed up and leaves the team, they suspend him and he's off the cap and the payroll.

wow thats some BS.

talk about a classy organization. :thumbdown:

They cant trade him.

how can they move him?

Send him to the minors? If he's not on an NHL roster I think he makes NHL money still but it doesnt count against the team's cap. I'm not certain about this, but it would free up cap space at the expense of direct cash-out-the-door for the leafs.

Send him to the minors? If he's not on an NHL roster I think he makes NHL money still but it doesnt count against the team's cap. I'm not certain about this, but it would free up cap space at the expense of direct cash-out-the-door for the leafs.

McCabe has a no-movement clause (the first ever player to get one) and can't be placed on waivers or assigned to the minors at all.

I watch about 70 Leafs games a year and if they don't dress a legit enforcer this year I'll puke

70 Leaf games??? Wow, you must have a lot of useless time on your hands, that or your t.v. only gets 1 channel! Kidding...

70 Leaf games??? Wow, you must have a lot of useless time on your hands, that or your t.v. only gets 1 channel! Kidding...

lol I watch center ice and cbc on 2 seperate tvs, Wings on the good TV