• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Majsheppard

Who hits 100?

Rate this topic

Hossa has scored 100 points before, and Hank and Pavel are getting close.

Will we have three 100 point men on our team?

Will Hossa chip in 50?

Can we pick up rare Art Ross, Hart, and Richard trophies???

Will our younger viewers get the soap reference??

All these questions and more will be answered on the next season of Red Wings Hockey!!

Any thoughts?

I wouldn't put it past Pasha, he was very close last season, and now with Hossa, I can see him hitting about 70-plus assists and 30-plus goals. Henrik and Marian could also do it. This could be fun...it's definitely gonna be a fun training camp!

Will we have three 100 point men on our team? No, but close. Z and Pav: 100 Pts... Hossa: 90 Pts... Franzen: 80Pts!

Will Hossa chip in 50? 40-45

Can we pick up rare Art Ross, Hart, and Richard trophies? With Ovechkin and Crosby around, can't predict it, but never know.

I wouldn't put it past Pasha, he was very close last season, and now with Hossa, I can see him hitting about 70-plus assists and 30-plus goals. Henrik and Marian could also do it. This could be fun...it's definitely gonna be a fun training camp!

Au contraire, mon frère!

I don't think Babs would split up Houdini-Hank-Homer! (Where would Homer move his office too?)

(With no injuries I am sure Lidstrom and Stuart will set up the 97 and the 92 pointers to go over 100)

Mario will probably put on the second line will Mule and Flip. (Cleary can move his office to the 2nd line)

Guest Four
It would be nice to see Pasha, Hank, and Mario go over 100 points!

Marian *

I actually am hoping Homer does get turfed from the top line, he is best on the PP between Lids and Ralf.

Zetter Pavel Franzen

Homer Filp Hossa

I might even suggest him going down to the Fourth line and getting top PP time.

If you demand a Z P Hossa line, may I suggest putting them as the SECOND power play line?

Think about this boldness, Lids and Ralf paired with Franzen homer and Val so Franzen and Val can fight for the puck down low and Homer can screen for those rockets, meanwhile if they don't get the job done, the second line would be Kronner Stuart and ZPH or the (zounds-goals per hour line?) would get that stuff done.

Think about how many times the euro twins drew the penalty anyways, they should get a quick minute rest before going out and playing clean up. I bet they would be the best PP unit in the league.

the rest of the lines would shake out according to who shows up, and I will be the first to say I suspect that Maltby may be shorted minutes this year. I wouldnt at all be surprised to see the lines end up being

Draper Helm Cleary

Kopecky Hudler Sammy

Zetter Pavel Franzen

Homer Filp Hossa

Ew. That's bad use of Hossa. Put him on a line with Pav feeding him and I say Pav and Hoss hit 100 points. If Franzen continues to play as he has the last third of the season, paired with Z I think Z could hit 100 points for sure. I'd put money money on Pav or Hoss first though.

Homer Pav Hoss

Flip Z Mule

^ Best top 6 combo possible, easily.

Edited by Z and D for the C

If Zetterberg didn't go down with injuries I think he could have made it. Depends if everyone stays healthy or not. If so, don't be suprised to see at least 2 of the 3 reaching the 100 mark.

You know, this does bring up a delicious dilemma for Mike Babcock...where do you play Hossa - between Pasha and Homer, or with Henrik and Johan? What a dilemma... :)

I doubt one of our boys will get the Hart trophy. Not with Crosby, Ovechkin, Lecavalier and Malkin around.

Nick will be the 4th 100pt Wing and ****** away the Hart from the whipper-snapper forwards.

Nick will be the 4th 100pt Wing and ****** away the Hart from the whipper-snapper forwards.

Nick could get 200 points and it will only get him the Pearson. Western conference players don't get the Hart.

Hossa has scored 100 points before, and Hank and Pavel are getting close.

Will we have three 100 point men on our team?

No

Will Hossa chip in 50?

Maybe

Can we pick up rare Art Ross, Hart, and Richard trophies???

No...this is Gary bettman's NHL...No Hart for the Wings.

Will our younger viewers get the soap reference??

All these questions and more will be answered on the next season of Red Wings Hockey!!

Any thoughts?

Who cares about anything but the Cup???? I can't stand the bragging that I have been seeing on here lately. We are not the LA Lakers team with Malone, Payton, Shaq, and Kobe are we??

I am expecting this thread very soon......

Could we go undefeated in 08/09??

I'm just happy to be a Red Wings fan.

I actually am hoping Homer does get turfed from the top line, he is best on the PP between Lids and Ralf.

Zetter Pavel Franzen

Homer Filp Hossa

If you demand a Z P Hossa line, may I suggest putting them as the SECOND power play line?

Ewwwwwww- No.

Homer-Filp-Hossa would be a poor distribution of the talent. If you're going to put Dats and Z together they should remain with Homer since. There's no reason to break up the ZDH chemistry simply to replace Holmer's veteran net-front presense with Franzen. D and Z can carry a less talented forward with them so don't waste the spot on Franzen.

Although it does appear that Franzen may end up being Holmer's heir-apparent, he's best used on another line since the natural chemistry of ZDH needn't be toyed with unless it's to play with seperating the Z and D.

As far as chemistry goes:

Z-D-H obviously work well together

Zetterberg and Franzen have great chemistry

Datsyuk and Filppula have great chemistry but Filp is woefully inconsistent and ill-suited to be Datsyuk's finisher. Filp is a very poor finisher at this stage.

Filppula and Franzen seemed to have half-decent chemistry with each other during the playoffs but that was mostly due to the fact that everything that touched Franzen went in. Hudler was actually involved in far more Franzen goals than Filppula. Obviously, however, Hossa will keep Hudler back on the 3rd/4th line.

I'd stick with:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Hossa

or, if Babcock's love for splitting up D and Z persists:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Although I'm not a huge fan of putting Filppula on the first line over Franzen, he's got the better chemistry with Datsyuk while Franzen's stronger with Zetterberg. Hossa's a proven finisher. Datsyuk needs a finishing winger more than Zetterberg does.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Zetter Pavel Franzen

Homer Filp Hossa

Think about this boldness, Lids and Ralf paired with Franzen homer and Val so Franzen and Val can fight for the puck down low and Homer can screen for those rockets, meanwhile if they don't get the job done, the second line would be Kronner Stuart and ZPH or the (zounds-goals per hour line?) would get that stuff done.

Think about how many times the euro twins drew the penalty anyways, they should get a quick minute rest before going out and playing clean up. I bet they would be the best PP unit in the league.

the rest of the lines would shake out according to who shows up, and I will be the first to say I suspect that Maltby may be shorted minutes this year. I wouldnt at all be surprised to see the lines end up being

Draper Helm Cleary

Kopecky Hudler Sammy

Euro triplets now????

As to the original question I think it's entirely possible all three hit 100pts. Hossa would be heavier with the goals than assists, Pav heavier with assists than goals and Z should be somewhere in the middle. What a wonderful accomplishment that would be the "triple triple club!"

Guest Four
Ewwwwwww- No.

Homer-Filp-Hossa would be a poor distribution of the talent. If you're going to put Dats and Z together they should remain with Homer since. There's no reason to break up the ZDH chemistry simply to replace Holmer's veteran net-front presense with Franzen. D and Z can carry a less talented forward with them so don't waste the spot on Franzen.

Although it does appear that Franzen may end up being Holmer's heir-apparent, he's best used on another line since the natural chemistry of ZDH needn't be toyed with unless it's to play with seperating the Z and D.

As far as chemistry goes:

Z-D-H obviously work well together

Zetterberg and Franzen have great chemistry

Datsyuk and Filppula have great chemistry but Filp is woefully inconsistent and ill-suited to be Datsyuk's finisher. Filp is a very poor finisher at this stage.

Filppula and Franzen seemed to have half-decent chemistry with each other during the playoffs but that was mostly due to the fact that everything that touched Franzen went in. Hudler was actually involved in far more Franzen goals than Filppula. Obviously, however, Hossa will keep Hudler back on the 3rd/4th line.

I'd stick with:

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Hossa

or, if Babcock's love for splitting up D and Z persists:

Filppula-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Although I'm not a huge fan of putting Filppula on the first line over Franzen, he's got the better chemistry with Datsyuk while Franzen's stronger with Zetterberg. Hossa's a proven finisher. Datsyuk needs a finishing winger more than Zetterberg does.

I don't think so

I believe it would be

Homer - Datsyuk - Hossa

Franzen - Zetterberg - Filpula

We wouldn't need Frazen and Holmstrom on the same line when they, for the most part, do the same thing.