No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
10 Minute Misconduct

Jagr signs in Russia

Rate this topic

"4 июля генеральный менеджер ХК "Авангард" Анатолий Бардин заключил контракт по

схеме «2+1» с одним из самых результативных нападающих НХЛ

Яромиром Ягром. "

"On July 4th the Genaral Manager of HK Avangard Anatoli Bardin has concluded a contract with a 2+1 scheme with one of the best forwards of the NHL Jaromir Jagr."

http://hawk.ru/news/4536.html

Interesting news. Penguins tried to get him. Now the only star player left is Sundin. It would be funny to see Sundin in Penguins. Pens have been all but losers this offseason, so it might be a good idea for them to try.

Guest mindfly

Huge loss for the rangers and even I think it's sad to loose one of the biggest profiles of the game. Now it's pretty obvious too that we won't see him in NHL again.. and he basically signed there cause rangers couldn't wait any longer and signed näslund and to the fact that he probably needs to secure his future with the $$$ and he doesnt even have to pay taxes.

Guest Shoreline

Are TSN, Sportsnet, ESPN, Yahoo Sports, and CBC still translating? Wonder why none of them have this up yet if it's happened.

Somebody wants money.
Not really, Jagr has been quoted saying something like, "It's home to me, I grew up in Communist Czechoslovakia..." I'll see if I can find that article. Edited by Systemfel

Good for Jagr. It seems that he really liked there, and money is good also. What options Jagr had after NYR signed Naslund? Edmonton is not better than Siberia. Atlanta is a bottom feeder. To be "Crosby's Right Winger"? Jagr has more pride than that. He will play 2-3 years in Russia. He will be major star there. After that he can finish his great career in Kladno. Sounds like a wise choice.

Good for Jagr. It seems that he really liked there, and money is good also. What options Jagr had after NYR signed Naslund? Edmonton is not better than Siberia. Atlanta is a bottom feeder. To be "Crosby's Right Winger"? Jagr has more pride than that. He will play 2-3 years in Russia. He will be major star there. After that he can finish his great career in Kladno. Sounds like a wise choice.

ditto what you said. Best of luck, Jaro. One of my favorites, hope he does well there. :thumbup:

Still not conviced that it is a done deal.

If it's then i'm happy for him. I don't feel like he enjoyed the last couple of seasons he has played. I think that he is itching to get out of the states and back home.

IF it is not true then it will be interesting to see if he lands any were else.

Guest Shoreline

Well, TSN finally has it:

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=242465&amp...s=secStory_main

MOSCOW - Russian club Avangard Omsk says it has signed Jaromir Jagr, a day after the New York Rangers parted ways with the star winger.

Avangard announced the signing on its website today but did not disclose the terms of the contract.

Jagr had long been reported to be considering lucrative offers from Russia. Rangers general manager Glen Sather said Thursday the club could not wait any longer for Jagr to decide where he wanted to play.

Jagr played for Avangard during the NHL's lockout season in 2004-05.

On Thursday, the Rangers signed former Vancouver captain Markus Naslund to replace Jagr.

Jagr, in my opinion, is probably the most talented individual to play the game in the modern era but didn't really have the heart to become a legend. If there was ever a time I ever agreed with Barry Melrose(which is VERY rarely), it was his criticism of Jagr. He never wanted to lead which was a waste, and his teammates and coaches always wanted him to. He is a great player, but he clipped his own wings from ever getting to legendary status. Have fun in Russia.

...? Never saw one word butchered so bad before lol.

As for Jagr, he's always been one of the most talented forwards in the league. Do people think he is a lock for the HHOF?

I have fixed it but you know what i meant...

As for the HHOF thing, i think he deserves it...do you think he will get his number retired by the pens?

finally, a big name bites on one of these crazy offers from Russia. no doubt Avangard Omsk will treat him well... whether they will get their moneys worth, thats a completely different story.

Can't blame the guy. I was never a big fan of him but I respect the hell out of his skill. I'm glad he threw in the one liner regarding Milbury and crew, some of these talented players, Euros specifically, seem to never be good enough or do enough things right to stop dips***s like Milbury and Grapes from criticizing them. Pav got a raw deal for years too.