• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukownzU13

Little Ty Conklin Preview

Rate this topic

Guest Four

The only problem I see with him is that he has bad rebound control and that he gets a little too out of position.

I honestly think Howard could outplay Conklin for the most part.

The only problem I see with him is that he has bad rebound control and that he gets a little too out of position.

That right there sums up Osgood's early career. Hopefully he can adjust like Ozzy has and if so, we'll be just fine.

Same thing I saw.

Also, think about this.. someone made this a Conklin HIGHLIGHT reel.. Just think what happens when he's not making the highlights.

:shock:

This may be the stupidest thing I've ever read.

Its clearly a mistake! I know he didn't actually mean it. Its wrong, just a grammer error... no way! its just a joke, A JOKE..... he doesn't really h-h-h-hate them...... ITS JUST A MISTAKE!!!

I honestly think Howard could outplay Conklin for the most part.

Well then it's probably a good thing that Scotty Bowman, Jim Nill, Stevie Y, and Kenny Holland disagree with you.

Guest Four
Well then it's probably a good thing that Scotty Bowman, Jim Nill, Stevie Y, and Kenny Holland disagree with you.

They never said Conklin was better. He has more experience, yes.

They never said Conklin was better. He has more experience, yes.

Sorry I hope I am wrong but I just get the feeling that the Red Wings brass don't have a ton of confidence that Howard will end up being the NHL starter they thought he would become. If they don't even trust him to play back up how can he be a starter one day? Then there is the fact that the drafter McCollum this year and they have the swedish prospect coming over this year. Things don't look good for Jimmy.

If they don't even trust him to play back up how can he be a starter one day?

Conklin is being brought in to keep Howard on his toes (remember, he has had work ethic problems -- specifically, regarding conditioning habits) and to replace Howard should he crash and burn. It's a smart, safe move.

Conklin is being brought in to keep Howard on his toes (remember, he has had work ethic problems -- specifically, regarding conditioning habits) and to replace Howard should he crash and burn. It's a smart, safe move.

Again I hope that Howard proves me wrong...but those are not qualities that you want in a future franchise goalie. I was super excited for Jimmy and thought we had the future locked in goal but given the Wings recent decision with drafting and Howards position within the organization I am beginning to doubt that he's going to be the star I once thought. Only time will tell.

Edited by Booster313

Howard is still the future franchise goaltender. Conklin is just insurance and depth; before Conklin was signed, the Wings had no one in the goalie pipeline that could reasonably challenge Howard for the backup spot, let alone assume that position should Howard somehow fail catastrophically.

People are overanalyzing this signing.

Howard is still the future franchise goaltender. Conklin is just insurance and depth; before Conklin was signed, the Wings had no one in the goalie pipeline that could reasonably challenge Howard for the backup spot, let alone assume that position should Howard somehow fail catastrophically.

People are overanalyzing this signing.

Then why sign two goalies with "future franchise" tags in the same year? Larsson and McCollum? AGAIN...I am not saying he won't be...I am just saying all these decisions raise concern.

I don't mean to sound like an *******, but it's not even a matter of opinion. Any GM in Holland's position would make sure he has a fallback option in the unlikely event that Howard doesn't work out. Neither Larsson nor McCollum is a viable fallback option at this point in time, so Kenny needed to go out and get someone to fill that role. Thus, the Conklin signing. The current backup spot and future #1 spot is still Howard's to lose.