• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jawbreaker

Pavel vs Pavel

Rate this topic

Watched some vids today. Simply brilliant...

I think that Bure was the most exciting player to watch during his career. Datsyuk is currently holding this title.

It's like comparing apples and oranges...two different time frames, and two different people. But there is something about these guys named Pavel... :dntknw:

It's like comparing apples and oranges...two different time frames, and two different people. But there is something about these guys named Pavel... :dntknw:

Not trying to compare them... just cool video, and both are just so entertaining to watch...

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

your forgetting the best Pavel to ever play Hockey.... PAVEL KUBINA!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

Guest Four
your forgetting the best Pavel to ever play Hockey.... PAVEL KUBINA!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared:

HE EVEN USES HIS HEAD!!

different players. Bure had extremely quick legs but didn't use his skates as

creative as Datsyuk does. on the other hand Bure had überstrong hands

and was able to control blade even with the stick completety extended

or kept close to the legs.

both are insane to watch but thoroughly different.

Nothing against you or the video (it was awesome), but they're really two completely different types of players. Datsyuk is a playmaker and possibly the best stickhandler in the league. Bure was a scorer and one of the fastest skaters the league has ever seen.

I think Bure/Ovechkin would be a better comparison.

Edited by grsbmd

...the reason why I give Datsyuk the nod, in Bure's time teammates were allowed to run interference on opposing checkers, in todays game the whistle would blow and Bure wouldn't even of gotten a shot on goal...

...I am not taking anything away from Bure, but if you watch in the video, there is a lot of "picks" being run to allow Bure to get free. Datsyuk has to create his own openings to get through...

Nothing against you or the video (it was awesome), but they're really two completely different types of players. Datsyuk is a playmaker and possibly the best stickhandler in the league. Bure was a scorer and one of the fastest skaters the league has ever seen.

I think Bure/Ovechkin would be a better comparison.

As I said in my previous post: I'm not trying to compare them in terms of skill-set, mentality, ability, etc. They have only couple of things in common: both score crazy goals, and both's name is Pavel. That's about it. Just a cool video.

Edited by jawbreaker

As I said in my previous post: I'm not trying to compare them. They have only couple of things in common: both score crazy goals, and both's name is Pavel. That's about it. Just a cool video.

wait so are you trying to compare them, if you are I'd like to make 12 separate points about why this isn't a good comparison, and furthermore delve into the mechanics of sports comparisons,

Now,...

wait so are you trying to compare them, if you are I'd like to make 12 separate points about why this isn't a good comparison, and furthermore delve into the mechanics of sports comparisons,

Now,...

Listen, I just liked the vid. They are both Russians, and have the same name. If you want to compare them, go ahead. I don't.

In Estonia a lot of people, who don't follow hockey are asking me, if Bure still plays. They don't know Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Fedorov, but they do know Pavel Bure. That says something.

In Estonia a lot of people, who don't follow hockey are asking me, if Bure still plays. They don't know Ovechkin, Malkin, Crosby, Fedorov, but they do know Pavel Bure. That says something.

They havent made the switch to digital cable yet??

They havent made the switch to digital cable yet??

lol... Hockey is not very popular in our country. It's all about basketball, soccer, and cross-country skiing. To people from Canada it's probably hard to imagine that there are people in the world who don't know Sidney Crosby.

Hockey is so popular here that nobody reported that Hossa signed with the Wings :rolleyes: