• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

A bit concerned to be honest...

Rate this topic

Here's part of a thread I made before the draft. It's not everybody (there are some russians who we still hold rights to, but have no plans for), but it's pretty much everybody who is under contract or could still be given a contract (not including this year's draft picks obviously). If you want to know which ones to look after, I'll put some stars by guys who are guys to pay attention to. Enjoy:

I'm pretty sure we signed Sergei Kolosov not too long ago.

great just what i needed, thanks! :-)

never heard of that Mursak fella.. hmm interesting

Hi Mindfly,

This isn't meant to be rude please don't take it the wrong way - but are you a new Wings fan?

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Mursak played well for Belleville last year i was able to watch a couple games on NHL Netowork.. All i can say is that he is a damn good skater..

Guest Dump-N-Thump
I'm pretty sure we signed Sergei Kolosov not too long ago.

He copied and pasted it from his old thread where he reviewd all of our prospects :D

Mursak played well for Belleville last year i was able to watch a couple games on NHL Netowork.. All i can say is that he is a damn good skater..

Agreed. Mursak excites me a lot.

Guest mindfly

hardcore fan since 07, average fan since 97 why? whats that gotta do with anything?

Edited by mindfly

Air my head a little bit, bare with me ok :D

How long will kenny holland work for us, does he have like a contract now? how many years? you think we could be as good if we had Burke?

Who could ever replace Nicklas Lidström as our 1st D? He has two years left on his contract, do you think he even could resign a year after that? And as far as im concerned we won't have any prospects with that high potential, you think kenny holland will try and sign a highly skilled UFA instead?

Is there any way we could lock-up Hossa after this season, like a 5years 5-6million range (he could get 8-10million but if he loves it here, maybe even win the cup etc)

I'm just amazed when I see how many players and prospects we have in the system... are there just like 5-8potential nhl players among them.. must be 30+ in the system, the rest we could as well drop?

What do we do with guys like kopecky, hudler, filppula, samuelsson...

Is it just me or is detroit managent not to keen in letting young skilled prospects get in the lineup? what are we waiting for? but i know that our veteran and experienced teams obviously works pretty good winning the cup and all, but they wont last forever, we got so many guys born -75 and earlier

What about that kindl guy, 19th overall first round, shouldnt he be in the lineup already? was he promising but hasn't developed in a way that management like?

Isn't it time to execute, like trade average guys liek samuelsson for picks or something.. we gotta like make room?

Enforcers... I really think we need em, atleast 1guy... i dont think downey or mccarthy are the guys to do it

Can anyone sort of make a list of all players in the system that isnt a regular wing? and like say which ones to look after and ones that are done and never will play for the wings? like all those russian/czech fellas you hardly heard of?

How many guys will be at training camp, and is everyone fighting for that 4th line spot now that the guys in the first 3 are pretty certain that they will play?

I know this was just a mess, but im just confused with how many players we have

This was how I felt 8-10 years ago. Remember when everyone was saying that the Wings only have a few more good years left to compete before they get too old and go in decline and rebuilding mode? Now here we are 2 more Cups later and all of that worrying seems pretty stupid now. This is by far one of the best organizations in sports and have proven despite the losses of many great players like Fedorov, Yzerman, Shanny, Hull, etc. Remember when people were always asking "what will we do when Yzerman retires? That was when the Wings were doomed when he was not on the ice. That said, the Wings will be good for years to come.

We phase players in and out. This reduces the risk factor in getting too old or too young.

Our average age won't be changing all that much, so what is there to ***** about? Teams that entrust their team to youth always fall flat on their faces the first few years. Just let Kenny maintain the balance and we'll be fine.

This was how I felt 8-10 years ago. Remember when everyone was saying that the Wings only have a few more good years left to compete before they get too old and go in decline and rebuilding mode? Now here we are 2 more Cups later and all of that worrying seems pretty stupid now. This is by far one of the best organizations in sports and have proven despite the losses of many great players like Fedorov, Yzerman, Shanny, Hull, etc. Remember when people were always asking "what will we do when Yzerman retires? That was when the Wings were doomed when he was not on the ice. That said, the Wings will be good for years to come.

Exactly how I felt, only it was around 2002. I had NHL Center Ice that year, watched almost every Wings game, went to a couple here in SoCal and even flew out to Detroit, and they had the lineup with 10 future HOFers. I knew it wasn't going to last because of the age of the team and I worried the I would miss all the players who had become household names.

Since then, every Red Wings team has still at least been a playoff contender. The changing of the guard is complete and the team looks even better. We have not had to suffer through so much as a losing season since the 2002 Cup. All sports fans should be so lucky.

My feeling is that as long as the Ilitches are in charge, the team will continue to thrive. I've watched over 30 years of sports and have seen few if any teams run as well as the Detroit Red Wings.

The best analogy is what I see when I'm out at the beach and there are surfers. We have caught a good wave, let's enjoy the ride and not worry about what happens when it dies out.

You spelled management wrong. That's about all I have to say about this. Detroit is a great team with great management and have proved it in the last fifteen years. You don't have to worry about them, we have great scouting and great minor league management.

They can't be the best team in the league forever.:D Can they?

10 years ago, after we won the Cup for the second year in a row, everyone was pointing to how old we were, and how we wouldn't be able to compete in the NHL for long.

5 years ago, after we were eliminated in the first round against the Ducks, everyone was pointing to how our free spending didn't work, and that we were still too old with too few reliable prospects.

3 years ago, after the salary cap was established, everyone was pointing to Detroit saying that our days atop the NHL were finished now that the Ilitch's couldn't spend spend spend anymore.

Our management has been the cream of the crop when it comes to handling this team. I truly believe that if we had anyone other than the Ilitch's as owners, and Kenny, Jim Devellano, Jim Nill, and now Scotty & Stevie in the front office, that we would have fared exactly as the hockey analysts have predicted. We would have faded out and watched other teams win, trying to emulate their style of play/management. You have to give them credit for adapting their strategies to the new CBA, and bringing in fresh talent, while still keeping a very experienced core of veterans.

Edited by Jedi

10 years ago, after we won the Cup for the second year in a row, everyone was pointing to how old we were, and how we wouldn't be able to compete in the NHL for long.

5 years ago, after we were eliminated in the first round against the Ducks, everyone was pointing to how our free spending didn't work, and that we were still too old with too few reliable prospects.

3 years ago, after the salary cap was established, everyone was pointing to Detroit saying that our days atop the NHL were finished now that the Ilitch's couldn't spend spend spend anymore.

Our management has been the cream of the crop when it comes to handling this team. I truly believe that if we had anyone other than the Ilitch's as owners, and Kenny, Jim Devellano, Jim Nill, and now Scotty & Stevie in the front office, that we would have fared exactly as the hockey analysts have predicted. We would have faded out and watched other teams win, trying to emulate their style of play/management. You have to give them credit for adapting their strategies to the new CBA, and bringing in fresh talent, while still keeping a very experienced core of veterans.

Top post that.

If you are concerned now i would hate for you to be a Canucks fan, you should check out their boards...i almost feel sorry for them :P

Do check out the Aves too for funs and giggles :thumbup:

If you are concerned now i would hate for you to be a Canucks fan, you should check out their boards...i almost feel sorry for them :P

Almost but yeah? Almost.

great just what i needed, thanks! :-)

never heard of that Mursak fella.. hmm interesting

Mursak is probably the forward I'm most excited about. He might be the fastest skater in the system, and he finished second in OHL voting for "Best Stickhandler" only to phenom-to-be John Tavares. He could be a lot like a left-winger version of Filppula.

And he's Slovenian. 100% of the Slovenians in the NHL (Kopitar) have been awesome players.

lfd250: I have to watch streams on internet because you can't get versus or fsn over here, just nasn and canal+ that only broadcast like one game each night :( .. I just dont like the idea of having someone like chelios taking the place of a young promising player like ericsson or someone... i love chelios leadership, i wish he could be assistant coach but his days in the nhl is over imo

stillwater: Most likely yes.

I agree!!!!

How long do you guys think Holland will be with us?

I thought I read somewhere that he might move on or retire after Lidstrom retires.

Yeah, Holland once stated that he'd retire about 10 minutes after Lidstrom retires, but it's always been taken in a joking context. I wouldn't be too worried about that. Though, there is always a little truth behind every joke...

I think it's Kenny's way of showing that Lidstrom's presence on the blue line makes his job that much easier.

Yeah, Holland once stated that he'd retire about 10 minutes after Lidstrom retires, but it's always been taken in a joking context. I wouldn't be too worried about that. Though, there is always a little truth behind every joke...

I think it's Kenny's way of showing that Lidstrom's presence on the blue line makes his job that much easier.

Oh, ok.

I could barely remember reading or hearing about it from someone so I wasn't sure if he was serious or not or if he even said it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I probably won't sleep well at night until Kenny signs like a ten year extension though. The Illitches need to get a deal done soon. Nill would probably do a pretty good job at taking over if Holland does leave.

Edited by Fireside