• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

A bit concerned to be honest...

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Air my head a little bit, bare with me ok :D

How long will kenny holland work for us, does he have like a contract now? how many years? you think we could be as good if we had Burke?

Who could ever replace Nicklas Lidström as our 1st D? He has two years left on his contract, do you think he even could resign a year after that? And as far as im concerned we won't have any prospects with that high potential, you think kenny holland will try and sign a highly skilled UFA instead?

Is there any way we could lock-up Hossa after this season, like a 5years 5-6million range (he could get 8-10million but if he loves it here, maybe even win the cup etc)

I'm just amazed when I see how many players and prospects we have in the system... are there just like 5-8potential nhl players among them.. must be 30+ in the system, the rest we could as well drop?

What do we do with guys like kopecky, hudler, filppula, samuelsson...

Is it just me or is detroit managent not to keen in letting young skilled prospects get in the lineup? what are we waiting for? but i know that our veteran and experienced teams obviously works pretty good winning the cup and all, but they wont last forever, we got so many guys born -75 and earlier

What about that kindl guy, 19th overall first round, shouldnt he be in the lineup already? was he promising but hasn't developed in a way that management like?

Isn't it time to execute, like trade average guys liek samuelsson for picks or something.. we gotta like make room?

Enforcers... I really think we need em, atleast 1guy... i dont think downey or mccarthy are the guys to do it

Can anyone sort of make a list of all players in the system that isnt a regular wing? and like say which ones to look after and ones that are done and never will play for the wings? like all those russian/czech fellas you hardly heard of?

How many guys will be at training camp, and is everyone fighting for that 4th line spot now that the guys in the first 3 are pretty certain that they will play?

I know this was just a mess, but im just confused with how many players we have

Take a deep breath. Now enjoy the summer. Bad new camp isn't for a couple more weeks. Good news we are the SCC and all your favorites (unless it was Hasek) will be there. Better news, all you have to worry about is that your cable company has FSD and Versus. I think the Wings know what they are doing. It will be ok. If you are the type of person that needs the stress, become a Nashville fan. They lost one of their owners and Ekland likes them.

lol if you are concerned about this franchise then you are like a sports hypochondriac

front office will be fine, I'm a bit concerned about losing Hakan Andersson in 2 years, but as to holland etc., we have Nill, Devellano and Yzerman all ready to take the reigns if necessary

and keeping our prospects in the minors for long periods of time actually makes them into better nhl players in the end

Wow! There is so much going on there I don't know where to start. No offense, but that reminds me of talking to my wife. Twelve different topics all wrapped up into one breath. All that matters is the mgmt of this team is premier. Just sit back and enjoy the regular season. Grow a beard come April and hopefully you wont have to shave it until June.

Edited by LIDDYGIBBY5

Guest mindfly

lfd250: I have to watch streams on internet because you can't get versus or fsn over here, just nasn and canal+ that only broadcast like one game each night :( .. I just dont like the idea of having someone like chelios taking the place of a young promising player like ericsson or someone... i love chelios leadership, i wish he could be assistant coach but his days in the nhl is over imo

stillwater: Most likely yes.

Ah, point is, the Wings are going to put the best team on the ice and we as fans are going to cheer for them. There's no since worrying about things you have no control over (dying) We all were sad when Stevie left, it's just part of the game.

Air my head a little bit, bare with me ok :D

How long will kenny holland work for us, does he have like a contract now? how many years? you think we could be as good if we had Burke?

Holland has 3 years left on his contact...I think we have enough depth to be successful in the GM department even if he leaves, NO BURKE would suck.

Who could ever replace Nicklas Lidström as our 1st D? He has two years left on his contract, do you think he even could resign a year after that? And as far as im concerned we won't have any prospects with that high potential, you think kenny holland will try and sign a highly skilled UFA instead?

No one can replace Lidstrom...but we have a talented young core that can work harder to make up the difference once Lidstrom retires...as for when he will retire I read somewhere recently that he hinted he probably has more hockey left in him after this contract and looks to Cheli as inspiration for that. As for a UFA it would depend who is available at what price.

Is there any way we could lock-up Hossa after this season, like a 5years 5-6million range (he could get 8-10million but if he loves it here, maybe even win the cup etc)

It's possible but I think Hossa would want more like 7million to stay long term. It would also require some flexability from Z and the Mule. I think it would be cool if both Z and Hossa decided to sign at 6.7 per to match Datsyuk. It would also require an increase in the cap...there are a lot of factors but as this year shows if a player wants to be here bad enough it can be worked out.

I'm just amazed when I see how many players and prospects we have in the system... are there just like 5-8potential nhl players among them.. must be 30+ in the system, the rest we could as well drop?

You have to have someone to fill out the minors...not everyone that plays "in the system" makes it to the NHL. You weed them out as they develop.

What do we do with guys like kopecky, hudler, filppula, samuelsson...

Kopecky- Too early to tell has potential let him play and develop.

Hudler- Good as a skilled 3rd or 4th liner. Doesn't have the size to play consistant top six minutes.

Filppula- Top six forward. Ideally sign long term.

Samuelsson- He's value priced for what he brings to the table but I think he's expendable to free up some cap if Hossa resigns.

Is it just me or is detroit managent not to keen in letting young skilled prospects get in the lineup? what are we waiting for? but i know that our veteran and experienced teams obviously works pretty good winning the cup and all, but they wont last forever, we got so many guys born -75 and earlier

Detroit believes in not rushing their prospects and letting them develop naturally. It's how they help create Lidstroms, Zetterbergs, and Datsyuk's out of higher draft picks.

What about that kindl guy, 19th overall first round, shouldnt he be in the lineup already? was he promising but hasn't developed in a way that management like?

I read recently that Kenny Holland said he was probably a year away...they really like him.

Isn't it time to execute, like trade average guys liek samuelsson for picks or something.. we gotta like make room?

Not yet...next year...possibly the deadline depending on our needs/wants

Enforcers... I really think we need em, atleast 1guy... i dont think downey or mccarthy are the guys to do it.

I agree we need one and they may not be ideal but given our cap situation they seem to fit.

Can anyone sort of make a list of all players in the system that isnt a regular wing? and like say which ones to look after and ones that are done and never will play for the wings? like all those russian/czech fellas you hardly heard of?

Sorry not enough time...

How many guys will be at training camp, and is everyone fighting for that 4th line spot now that the guys in the first 3 are pretty certain that they will play?

There are roughly 60-70 guys at the pro camp. Everything is up for grabs. You can be pretty certain on most guys but every year there is always a surprise or two.

I know this was just a mess, but im just confused with how many players we have

Edited by Booster313

In sports there are always gonna be uncertains. I just wanna enjoy the fact that our team is the stanley cup champions and that we are gonna have an interesting season this year with Hossa signed. I don't want to put alot into that cuz i'm sure everyone thought the Tigers were gonna be unstoppable.

Ville Leino- Finnish FA recently signed, could possibly make fourth line but will likely end up in GR with this roster

Darren Helm- Wings prospect who had a strong showing in this years playoffs, will probably end up in GR though with this roster

Jonathan Ericcsson- Wings prospect, projected top 4 D some day, will likely end up in GR this year

Kyle Quincy- Wings D prospect, had a strong playoff in 06/07 but was injured at training camp this year. Will likely be traded or 7th/8th D

Derek Meech- Wings D prospect, played some games this year and looked good. Will likely be traded or 7th/8th D

Jakub Kindl- Highly touted Wings D prospect, had a rough year in GR last year, will be there for sure this year unless traded.

Johan Ryno- Wings forward prospect, looked great in pre season last year but got homesick and left GR for Sweden. Will likely be at training camp

Jan Mursak- Wings forward prospect, plays for the Belleville Bulls of the OHL, had a decent season last year. Played at world juniors this year for Slovakia

Cory Emmerton- Wings forward prospect, plays for the Brampton Batallion of the OHL, slumped a bit last year but finished pretty strong

Justin Abdelkader- Wings forward prospect from MSU, played a couple games last year and didn't look out of place on the fourth line. Will probably end up in GR; though most of LGW wants him on on the third line RIGHT NOW GRIT GRIT GRIT

hth

Edited by omnipotent_hudler

You don't replace the best dman since Orr... We'll need to do our best to have a couple of new star dmen to lead the way. And I don't think Holland is going anywhere, so pop a Xanax and relax bro.

You don't replace the best dman since Orr... We'll need to do our best to have a couple of new star dmen to lead the way. And I don't think Holland is going anywhere, so pop a Xanax and relax bro.

Thats why I am surprised that Holland didn't try to trade for picks in this years draft. It was so heavily stacked with stud defencemen. Our best Dmen in the system right now are:

1. Jonathan Ericsson

2. Jakub Kindl

3. Brendan Smith

4. Kyle Quincey

5. Logan Pyett

6. Sergei Kolosov

It would have been nice to add a "Luke Schenn" or "Drew Doughty" to that list.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Concerned about the redwings? come on now.

We are spoiled, we are so spoiled in fact, we argue about our bottom pairings. most teams argue that there top 2 lines dont score, and they have no defense, We ARGUE ABOUT PLAYERS WHO SEE 3-6 MINUTES A GAME.. There's no reason to be worried

There's a reason why Detroit is where they are at, Its because of not only team depth, but managment/scout/frontoffice depth.. If Kenny leaves there are probaly 10-20 more people who have the same work ethic and vision that he has..

Thats why we are the red wings and all the other teams try to emulate what we have.

Guest Four

With our depth, it would be rather hard for us to screw up and be no where near perfection like we are year in and year out. Holland is keeping our members in GR to create cap space for our current squad and then when we get retirees, we have players near their peaks to come in and dominate the league - it's a giant cycle.

OMG

Wings win the Cup, they re-sign Stuart, add Hossa and you are concerned? Geez..

Why don't you simply enjoy the Championship and have some faith in Kenny and co.

Edited by Reds4Life

Good work guys, especially Booster. :thumbup:

All reasonable worries, IF you are the type to worry.

My worry would be if the Illitchs. I think they are the best team owners in all of pro sports. It all starts with them. They have hired the smart hockey people. They have added their successful business principles to the great hockey minds they have hired to come up with a record setting playoff run.

I have lived 2500 miles from Detroit for the last 10 years. It seems to me that Illitch's grown son actually has a fair amount of wits about him for taking over for his father when the day comes, if it hasn't happenned already. I mean, not like the Fords of the Lions.

Am I right, or should I worry about the day Mike Illitch is done for one reason or another?

Here's part of a thread I made before the draft. It's not everybody (there are some russians who we still hold rights to, but have no plans for), but it's pretty much everybody who is under contract or could still be given a contract (not including this year's draft picks obviously). If you want to know which ones to look after, I'll put some stars by guys who are guys to pay attention to. Enjoy:

To start out, I want to analyze what we already have in the system. I've divided prospects into three categories and placed players where I believe they'll be next fall. Although every team's needs are different, you generally want to have a good variety of prospects (i.e. mobile defensemen, skilled forward, 3rd line grinder ...) at every level.

The first category is Unsigned prospects. This includes junior leagues and overseas leagues. This is where almost all players end up out of the draft. Unsigned prospects are generally 1-3 years away from getting a contract and graduating to the next level.

The second category is Signed prospects. These are prospects who are under contract with the Red Wings organization. Most of these players play in the AHL, although the Red Wings choose to let some develop overseas. This does not include AHL depth players not drafted by the organization. These prospects may graduate at any point due to their performance, but they generally run out of waiver options after 3-4 years (don't remember the exact terms).

The third category is NHL-level prospects. These guys are either out of waiver options or challenging for a full time roster spot on an NHL team.

Here are our prospects (in no specific order), their projections, and their probabilities of graduating to the next level. I've categorized them as I believe they will be in the fall:

Unsigned prospects:

-- Brendan Smith** - D - Offensive defenseman - Although he has 3 years of college eligibility left, he's almost a lock to be signed at some point.

-- Joakim Andersson** - C - defensive/ two-way center - One of 2007's more promising prospects. Expect to see a contract in 1-2 years.

-- Zach Torquato - C - Skilled forward - did not live up to expectations last year and will need to improve to be signed

-- Sergei Kolosov - D - Physical defenseman - Still in the system, but a long shot of ever graduating.

-- Anton Axelsson - LW - defensive forward - Could still be signed, but hasn't yet because of Detroit's depth in this area

-- Nils Backstrom - D - two-way defenseman - Unimpressive so far and unlikely to factor into Detroit's plans

-- Randy Cameron - C - 3rd/4th line forward - Hard to get a read at this point

-- Nick Oslund - LW - 3rd/4th line forward - Has a lot of time left until the signing deadline and could get a contract depending on Detroit's depth.

-- Bryan Rufenach - D - Mobile two-way defenseman - If he performs well in the next three years, could be signed.

Signed prospects:

-- Jakub Kindl** - D - Two-way defenseman - One of Detroit's most promising prospects. Had a bad year, but is expected to challenge for an NHL spot in 1-2 years

-- Justin Abdelkader** - LW - 2nd/3rd forward - Performed well in games with Detroit. Should also graduate in 1-2 years.

-- Jan Mursak** - LW - Skilled forward - Probably the best offensive talent in the system. Expected to be an NHL player at some point.

-- Cory Emmerton - C - Two-way forward - Will need to continue his scoring at the AHL level to see any call-ups

-- Dick Axelsson** - C - Skilled forward - May play in Europe or North America. Can expect to be notice if he plays in Grand Rapids.

-- Daniel Larsson** - G - Potential NHL goaltender - Best goaltender in the SEL last year. Can expect to see call-ups and a full time position in Grand Rapids next year.

-- Logan Pyett - D - Mobile offensive defenseman - Will have to impress with skill and speed to be noticed.

-- Mattias Ritola - RW - 3rd/4th line forward - Needs to play a solid two way game and score to move to the next level.

-- Evan McGrath - C - Skilled forward - Unimpressive in two AHL seasons. Needs to score consistently.

-- Ryan Oulahan - C - 4th line forward - Hasn't impressed in the AHL so far. Will need a consistent all-around game to get call-ups.

-- Johan Ryno - LW - Skilled forward - Will need to play in Grand Rapids this season to continue to progress, but is still a great prospect.

-- Logan Koopmans - G - Depth goaltender - Looking to be a career AHLer, could still see call-up duty as a backup.

NHL prospects:

-- Jonathan Ericsson** - D - Two-way physical defenseman - Will likely be a full time NHL defenseman this year.

-- Darren Helm** - C - Two-way 2nd/3rd line forward - Could see a roster spot this year, but still has waiver options.

-- Jimmy Howard** - G - NHL starter - The goaltender of the future could split starts with Osgood this year.

-- Kyle Quincey** - D - Physical defensive defenseman - Good enough to play as a depth defenseman on many NHL teams, but Detroit's depth works against him.

-- Derek Meech** - D - Mobile defenseman - Detroit's 7th Dman last year, will still struggle for a roster spot, due to defensive depth.

-- Ville Leino** - C - Skilled forward - Could see a regular roster spot, if he can adjust to the North American style.

Guest mindfly

great just what i needed, thanks! :-)

never heard of that Mursak fella.. hmm interesting

Edited by mindfly