• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
hoogs

Interesting Fedorov Article

Rate this topic

Sergei has been living off a huge $6mil contract for years and hasn't earned any of it. He needed the Wings more than the Wings needed him, if you look at his stats since his departure they are pitiful compared to the money he was making. I liked Feds in his hay day just like the rest of you, but always out for the paycheck.

Sergei has been living off a huge $6mil contract for years and hasn't earned any of it. He needed the Wings more than the Wings needed him, if you look at his stats since his departure they are pitiful compared to the money he was making. I liked Feds in his hay day just like the rest of you, but always out for the paycheck.

100% agreed. The train has sailed for fedorov

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Your old and washed up, Stop being greedy and play hockey for the fun of it.

Your old and washed up, Stop being greedy and play hockey for the fun of it.

exactly, the guy has gotten big paydays throughout his career, suck it up and take 2 million and try win another cup

Guest Shoreline
I cant beleive I spelled Fedorov wrong

I still to this day can't believe how many fellow Wings fans do either. :ph34r:

At any rate, he isn't worth 4 million a year. Him and his agent just want to cash in on this season's money spree.

Edited by Shoreline

agreed

"and Soviet SPorts' Pavel Lysenkov hopes that what he deems a "humiliating" $2 million, one-year contract offer (the Washington Post's Tarik El-Bashir confirms that Fedorov is seeking twice that amount) will spurn the 38-year-old to play in the Continental Hockey League. "

The way that is written, its unclear to me wether Lysenkov thinks the offer is humiliating for Sergei, or if Sergei himself thinks its humiliating.

though it's in quotes in the subject heading of this thread, nowhere in the article does it actually say Fedorov was "humiliated by $2 million offer from the Caps."

What it actually says is that Soviet Sports Pavel Lysenkov, who is hoping to lure Fedorov to play in the Continental Hockey league, is the one who thinks that the $2 million offer is humiliating to Feds.

Though it does say that Fedorov is apparently seeking twice that amount. As great as he was, Fedorov is not worth $4 million.

"and Soviet SPorts' Pavel Lysenkov hopes that what he deems a "humiliating" $2 million, one-year contract offer (the Washington Post's Tarik El-Bashir confirms that Fedorov is seeking twice that amount) will spurn the 38-year-old to play in the Continental Hockey League. "

The way that is written, its unclear to me wether Lysenkov thinks the offer is humiliating for Sergei, or if Sergei himself thinks its humiliating.

Didn't see this post.

When you read the whole sentence, to me it's fairly clear they're talking about Lysenkov.

You can't argue a player's relative worth based on another overpaid player.

I agree with you but this is the problem in the NHL today..certain GM's are willing to overpay to entice a player to come to their sub-par team. Matts Sudin is a talented forward with gas left in the tank but if he is worth 10million per well then What's Crosby, Ovechkin, Malkin, and Zetterberg, etc worth? I think Fed's fair market value is around 2 million with bonuses because he still has the potential to dominate.

Edited by Booster313

Guest Crymson

For goodness` sake, all of you who refer to yourselves as great Fedorov fans, learn to spell his freakin' name!

That said, Fedorov is certainly not worth anywhere in the realm of $4m.

Didn't see this post.

When you read the whole sentence, to me it's fairly clear they're talking about Lysenkov.

Yeah, I'd have to agree.

I like Feds, but I am definitely not his biggest fan on the forum. Whatever, but I certainly don't want to see him get trashed for something he didn't say. Seems like Lynsenkov is meddling.

He can follow Jagr to Russia if he wants more money.

You do know that jagr is only getting 5 mil a year in Russia? Some NHL teams (pens) were ready to give up that mush money to get him. But he was more concerned over the length of the contract, than what he was being paid.

as for feds, he's worth 3.5-ish. 4 mill is pushing it, but than again someone will probably pay it.

The only real team I think that might pay him that much might be Vancouver, but even then thats a stretch. If I were him, I'd ask for 3 million from the Caps, so its equal from what they both wanted. Of course we are talking about Fedorov here....

Edited by Superman54