• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dragonballgtz

Helm

Rate this topic

I was looking through the topics and I did not come across a thread about him.

Watching this guy play in the playoffs I thought we had a second Draper. He forechecked like no other and was moving with pretty damn good speed. With Hossa now in the mix do you think we might see him play at all this season? Will he compete with D-Mac/Downey for a spot or will him and Maltby go at it. Maybe he will be sent off to GR but I for one would love to see him play all year long.

Anyone that has any news on him can you please post.

Thank you

I don't think he starts the year in Detroit but he might find his way up later due to injuries... he should also be playing in the playoffs because he was a beast last run. He shouldn't have to compete with Downey/McCarty for a spot, entirely different roles, he should be competing with Maltby/Draper, and there's no way Maltby is still a better player than Helm, yet he'll get the spot anyways, too bad.

Guest Shoreline

Wings still have to sign Flip, and from what I've seen of Helm in both his international and NHL play (a very nice two-way style which the team pushes), I prefer him to Kopecky.

Watching this guy play in the playoffs I thought we had a second Draper.

Anyone that has any news on him can you please post.

Thank you

I, of course, have no news - BUT THIS KID IS NO DRAPER. He's a pond skater, and needs to be here.

Helm was a great surprise during the playoffs, but I still think he's not quite ready for a full NHL season.

I have no doubt that he'll be one of the last players cut from Wings camp and he'll be one of the first Griffins called, up. But the Wings still are high on kids getting PT in the minors rather than very little PT in the NHL.

After his playoffs, he deserves to be in the NHL. But I think he'll stay in GR for the regular season. And he will dominant.

Agreed, But we will seem him around next year.

Helm is still waiver exempt so barring an incredible training camp, he may still find himself in GR a lot... but with frequent call-ups while Kopecky is still out and definitely for the playoffs. Red Wings are sure to keep him around... our grinders are getting up in age and he and Abdelkader are great options there.

Edited by egroen

Guest Four

I love Helm's style of play, I hope that he gets the chance to play a few NHL games but also plays in GR once again for only one more year. I hope to see him a lot after next season.

He is alredy much better and much more valuable player than Tomas Kopecky so he has a chance to make the big team instead of Kopecky.

FALSE:

And here is why, he was a key ingredient in getting Hossa here, he is good friends with him and told him what it is like in this org, so therefore Kopecky is more valuable!!! Hell, if the wings win the cup and Hossa has a 100pt season I say give Kopecky the MVP!

I think due to his knee though Helm will take over for him!

FALSE:

And here is why, he was a key ingredient in getting Hossa here, he is good friends with him and told him what it is like in this org, so therefore Kopecky is more valuable!!! Hell, if the wings win the cup and Hossa has a 100pt season I say give Kopecky the MVP!

I think due to his knee though Helm will take over for him!

Yeah of course. :ph34r:

Hossa is way overrated btw.

It is my belief that Helm will start the season in Grand Rapids and Kopecky will take his place on the fourth line. However I am not sold on it staying that way for the entire season. This isn't a rating of their skills, I just think Helm going down and being protected is valuable in itself.

I would rather see Helm in the lineup rather than Hudler. At this point we have enough scoring need more speed and grit. Jury is still out on Kopecky IMO. He is a physical player and might turn out to be a surpise next year.

Maltby needs to turn up his game, doesn't score, doesn't hit or agitate like he used to. We have plenty of penalty killers. No comparison to Draper and Maltby. Draper has continued to get better and Maltby hasn't.

I would rather see Helm in the lineup rather than Hudler.

I think you are certifiably nuts.

Helm: 18gp 2g 2a 4pts averaging 7:30 per game

Hudler: 22gp 5g 9a 14pts averaging 11:35 per game

Over three times the production for only $400,000 more. Hudler is a flat out steal.

Edited by egroen

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Helm deserves a spot this year. But wont get it due to log jam..

I love Helm's style of play, I hope that he gets the chance to play a few NHL games but also plays in GR once again for only one more year. I hope to see him a lot after next season.

:thumbup:

Guest Crymson
The Wings get most things right, but signing Maltby for 3 years was a HUGE mistake IMO

There's lots of loyalty between the management and the players. Signing Maltby was part of that.

General management is more than just signing pieces---it's building good chemistry and maintaining a good team atmosphere, as well as creating an environment in which players want to play and will take less money in which to play.

The Wings get most things right, but signing Maltby for 3 years was a HUGE mistake IMO

When did we sign him to that 3 year deal? I'm thinking it was last year but i could be wrong.

Haha, I absolutely love Helm's game and think he will be a big part of our team next season and for years to come, though he will most likely spend time in Grand Rapids. How lucky are we that a great player with loads of potential like Helm probably won't start the year on the big squad because we have TOO MANY great players!!! Ken Holland is a genius, and I absolutely LOVE being a Red Wings fan!!

There's lots of loyalty between the management and the players. Signing Maltby was part of that.

General management is more than just signing pieces---it's building good chemistry and maintaining a good team atmosphere, as well as creating an environment in which players want to play and will take less money in which to play.

QFT. It was far from a bad move.

And whoever said Helm is a second Draper, thats selling Helm a little short. Draper has suspect hands, one season excepting. Helm, IMO, could be Mike Fisher Lite.