• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

Behind the Scenes look of Wings Championship DVD

Rate this topic

is this one gonna be like all the other ones where the players also talk about the season and the games, cause the other dvd's were called Hockeytown Red Alert or something like that. I really enjoyed those and was just wondering if this one will be the same type, or not

I'm going to try Walmart. I hate Walmart, but its really close to my work so I'll give it a try tomorrow at lunch.

I'm pumped Dr. Coxs is doing the voice over.

is this one gonna be like all the other ones where the players also talk about the season and the games, cause the other dvd's were called Hockeytown Red Alert or something like that. I really enjoyed those and was just wondering if this one will be the same type, or not

I can't imagine it'll be any different than the 97, 98 and 02 versions where they briefly discuss offseason acquistions, training camp and the regular season. I would think they'll touch on the Rafalski addition right away, followed by the s***ty month of February, followed by the addition of Stuart discussed over the course of the first 5-10 minutes. After that, the next 45 minutes will probably be completely dedicated to the Playoffs.

Before I forget, they'll probably throw the changing of philosophy with the addition of Babcock and the fact that the Wings have been able to stay competitive in the salary cap era in the first 10 minutes as well.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

I miss when the playoff DVD would be a true "playoff DVD" following both teams run to the Finals, the earlier teams and series, etc. I used to have the '93 Playoff VHS and I loved watching it...just watching the winning team can be less fulfilling because you miss some of the story of the overall playoffs.

I miss when the playoff DVD would be a true "playoff DVD" following both teams run to the Finals, the earlier teams and series, etc. I used to have the '93 Playoff VHS and I loved watching it...just watching the winning team can be less fulfilling because you miss some of the story of the overall playoffs.

TBH, I'm glad its not. I understand the story and battle PIT had to reach the Finals but I don't want half of the DVD to be about them. While it would be nice to maybe add a five or so minute mini-recap, its not as though its necessary. I buy the DVD for the Wings journey, not the journey of the final team they beat out.

TBH, I'm glad its not. I understand the story and battle PIT had to reach the Finals but I don't want half of the DVD to be about them. While it would be nice to maybe add a five or so minute mini-recap, its not as though its necessary. I buy the DVD for the Wings journey, not the journey of the final team they beat out.

Yeah I'm with you. I'm buying it because I'm a Wings fan. The Pistons 89 VHS is like that. It's basically a season recap and then it got more into the detail for the Pistons in round 3, barely, and then was the finals coverage but it took away a lot of the Pistons journey and thats what I want to relive.

I wish Chelios would guest star on scrubs next year and bring the Cup.

I could write that episode. Make him all like JD for that episode try and get him to be a mentor to him. Lol.

Janitor would inscribe his name on the cup....

I am halfway done already!!!

Anyone have prices at local stores? I will probably get it at Target cause it was cheaper there back in 02. But just wondering if anyone knows.

Dude, I got mine from Amazon for like 19 bucks instead of 25 or however much it is. I don't care how much it is though. I want to see it more than I want to see The Dark Knight!!!

so has anyone seen any stores that have released this early today. I cant wait to see this

Yeah, its interesting how in the video I posted they mention that it can be bought in stores today (7-7-08) when the release date on Amazon, NHL.com and other online retailers all say tomorrow (7-8-08). :unsure:

Edit: (Kelsey) Grammar