• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
miller76

Recchi now a bolt

Rate this topic

Stamkos will get a 3 year entry level contract... he wont get more then a million even if he deserves it.

As for Rechhi, glad to see he got signed. One of my favorite players ever, did great things for Atlanta last year, and I expect the same in Tampa, espicially with the amount of great forwards around him.

Patrick Kane's total annual compensation on a 3 year entry level deal was 3.725M per year with bonus money. I would expect Stamkos to get the same type of deal...

Patrick Kane's total annual compensation on a 3 year entry level deal was 3.725M per year with bonus money. I would expect Stamkos to get the same type of deal...

Seriously? Oh wow, so the star kids get paid more money. Didnt know that. Well, that puts Tampa in a bit of a bind.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

Daaang, I would of never expected that.

Tampa just signed defenseman Andrew Hutchinson to a two year (one-way) deal. It's a smaller move, but it will ultimately help out in terms of depth. They also finally have Evgeny Artyukhin back from two years in Russia (his deal is two years, 1.9 mil), which will be a nice addition.

They're talking about pairing Recchi on the third line with Jeff Halpern and Gary Roberts, which means things will look similar to this:

Prospal-Lecavalier-St. Louis

Malone-Stamkos-Vrbata

Roberts-Halpern-Recchi

Hall-Craig-Artyukhin

Jussi Jokinen will be most likely traded, along with Michael Ouellet, potentially (if not, slide Ouellet into the 4th line). Defensively, there are still moves to be made (like the trading of Jokinen or Ouellet to bring in some more D), but with Carle, Kuba, Ranger, Hutchinson, O'Brien, Picard, and Lundin, this will allow Wishart/Smaby/etc to stay in the minors for a season.

Tampa Bay should be fine this season. Koules predicted that the Lightning will win the division this season and I believe it too. Their defense will not be horrible (especially when you consider that the now-traded Lukowich wasn't even gonna be a top-7 defenseman this season) and the offense will be better than normal. Also, because the Lightning finished dead last, they'll get the first go at waivers, which could potentially mean bringing in Darryl Sydor or Bryan McCabe.