• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
crotty99

My name is Hank

Rate this topic

http://www.eastonhockey.com/hank/

Nice new easton site for Hank, i wonder if him and Datsyuk compare their website sponserships to each other?

Zetts: Hey Pav guess what, talent makes me great but Easton makes me better.

Dats: oh yeah well Nexplore search is fun and easy, More pictures and videos make it easy to find and save highlights of your favourite players!

Datsyuk has a deal with RBK, too. They have Crosby, too, so he plays second fiddle to some extent. Crosby does use a different stick (Sherwood), so Datsyuk was the main promoter of the O-stick.

http://www.eastonhockey.com/hank/

Nice new easton site for Hank, i wonder if him and Datsyuk compare their website sponserships to each other?

Zetts: Hey Pav guess what, talent makes me great but Easton makes me better.

Dats: oh yeah well Nexplore search is fun and easy, More pictures and videos make it easy to find and save highlights of your favourite players!

:hehe:

I like how the first thing that shows up over the video says "210th pick of the 7th round". You would think they would find someone with a decent knowledge of grammar to do the wording.

Once you submit the info, it says the following.

Contratulations!

You have been successfully entered in the My Name Is Hank seepstakes.

Their grammar and spelling sucks.

I like how the first thing that shows up over the video says "210th pick of the 7th round". You would think they would find someone with a decent knowledge of grammar to do the wording.

Actually, this is the site that I mentioned working on a few weeks ago when Hank was in my office being interviewed. His comments during the video are taken from that interview. I put together the video myself, though the remainder of the site was handled by one of my co-workers.

I'm a bit dismayed to learn of the errors that made it past all the layers of testing we went through before launch. However, I would like to point out, for those not familiar with programming, that the software used to write programs generally does not have a spellchecker built into it. The errors you're seeing, particularly "seepstakes", are not precisely spelling errors but are actually just typos. Meaning that the programmer certainly knows how to spell sweepstakes but made a typo in the source code and didn't have a spellchecker to catch it. Someone testing the site prior to launch should have caught that, but we were pretty rushed with this one.

We're planning to do a few more videos for the site eventually, probably using more footage from our interview. Easton was concerned that the delivery of his answers comes off as a bit flat, but he's just a low-key guy. His answers are straightforward and honest, sometimes a bit too much so. For example, when asked about the new Easton helmet, he first said "well, the first time I wore it, nobody really noticed that it was new..." then he kind of stopped himself, looked over at the Easton rep standing nearby, started to laugh and said "I guess I probably shouldn't say that, huh?" It was neat to have a chance to see him in a candid situation like that, but it wasn't really something we could use on the site.

By the way, the jersey you guys are signing up to win is downstairs at my office right now. Pretty sweet stuff. Too bad I'm ineligible. ;)

Actually, this is the site that I mentioned working on a few weeks ago when Hank was in my office being interviewed. His comments during the video are taken from that interview. I put together the video myself, though the remainder of the site was handled by one of my co-workers.

I'm a bit dismayed to learn of the errors that made it past all the layers of testing we went through before launch. However, I would like to point out, for those not familiar with programming, that the software used to write programs generally does not have a spellchecker built into it. The errors you're seeing, particularly "seepstakes", are not precisely spelling errors but are actually just typos. Meaning that the programmer certainly knows how to spell sweepstakes but made a typo in the source code and didn't have a spellchecker to catch it. Someone testing the site prior to launch should have caught that, but we were pretty rushed with this one.

We're planning to do a few more videos for the site eventually, probably using more footage from our interview. Easton was concerned that the delivery of his answers comes off as a bit flat, but he's just a low-key guy. His answers are straightforward and honest, sometimes a bit too much so. For example, when asked about the new Easton helmet, he first said "well, the first time I wore it, nobody really noticed that it was new..." then he kind of stopped himself, looked over at the Easton rep standing nearby, started to laugh and said "I guess I probably shouldn't say that, huh?" It was neat to have a chance to see him in a candid situation like that, but it wasn't really something we could use on the site.

By the way, the jersey you guys are signing up to win is downstairs at my office right now. Pretty sweet stuff. Too bad I'm ineligible. ;)

So your a programmer... thats what I'm getting into my self any chance you can get me an internship or job hahaha... espically if your working with companies like Easton...

Datsyuk has a deal with RBK, too. They have Crosby, too, so he plays second fiddle to some extent. Crosby does use a different stick (Sherwood), so Datsyuk was the main promoter of the O-stick.

I'm not trying to be a smart @$$ or anything but actually Crosby does use a RBK stick now. It's a RBK Sickick Crosby

Crosby

Guest Four

That's pretty awesome, you must have an awesome job (I want to be programmer when older) :P

Normally I take my text portion of code and review them in word before adding them to my site. Works wonders tbh

Edited by Four

Great read!

I am studying Computer science at the moment...somehow i don't think that will end with my seeing Hank like you but hey haha.

Guest Four
Great read!

I am studying Computer science at the moment...somehow i don't think that will end with my seeing Hank like you but hey haha.

We can only dream..

Great read!

You never know, I kind of got lucky to be where I am. I have no formal training, just a logical mind and an appreciation for simplicity and order, two things which are generally key to successful software development. From there it was just experience and constantly trying new things then waiting for the right opportunity with a real software firm to come along. That the one that came along had Easton for one of their big clients was a nice bonus for sure.

The video editing thing was kind of an accident, strangely enough. I did a series of videos for Easton's S17 stick launch because the guy that was originally going to work on them got slammed with another high-priority project. With some tweaking, the client was pleased with the result and now I'm kind of the go-to guy for these things. Weird how things work out.

You never know, I kind of got lucky to be where I am. I have no formal training, just a logical mind and an appreciation for simplicity and order, two things which are generally key to successful software development. From there it was just experience and constantly trying new things then waiting for the right opportunity with a real software firm to come along. That the one that came along had Easton for one of their big clients was a nice bonus for sure.

The video editing thing was kind of an accident, strangely enough. I did a series of videos for Easton's S17 stick launch because the guy that was originally going to work on them got slammed with another high-priority project. With some tweaking, the client was pleased with the result and now I'm kind of the go-to guy for these things. Weird how things work out.

Thanks for that bit of advice, ill remember that.

Congratulations on your achievements, i think your doing a great job :)