• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
nhl_akai_tsubasa

Branching out

Rate this topic

i think that the MLB needs to branch out a bit more . most of our proffessional teams are either in canada or the usa and thats it. i think its about time that baseball added mexico or puerto rico mlb teams because a lot of thier good players come from there. plus they are just south of the border if people are just too lazy to have mlb teams in japan (would love a mlb team from kyushu). would be best to put them in the national league because doesnt national mean all over the world?

well then again you do see teams like toronto in the american league and toronto is canada.

heck it might be interesting if the nhl even added russia , sweeden, and czechoslovakia nhl teams. in there then for sure it would be "national"

just my take on it guys. i think anything national needs to be officially "national" not just imported. would be hard for the american fans to watch but then again it shouldnt just be all about us.

Edited by nhl_akai_tsubasa

you thought wings playoffs against calgary, edmonton, and vancouver were long for travel, imagine having to fly to sweden or russia for regular season games. until they invent a teleportation device, our professional sports will most likely stay on the continent.

Guest Dump-N-Thump

all baseball needs to do is

a- Salary Cap

b- Quicker tempo. You dont need to throw it to first 5 times.. and take your time setting up each time.. I lost interest. i was a huge baseball fan, but its just such a slowpace game i cant anymore.

Team in Puerto Rico.....maybe. Team in other countries, especially overseas....no. Too much travel. Too many teams, too much money involved flying back and forth, too long of a season to deal with all the travel. And way too much hassle involved. Every spring you see teams with a player not in camp because of "visa trouble" coming from the DR or Venezuela or some place. Now let's set up travel for the whole league. Uh-uh.

However, I'd like to see a stronger affiliation agreement with Japanese baseball. Not exactly a major league-minor league setup, but maybe a better way to connect the two free-agent systems. And MLB definitely needs to include international players in the draft.