• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sjradio

Ducks farm team chooses name

Rate this topic

moving from portland to iowa? why?

There not moving the team, theres still a team in Portland. They just changed affiliates. Dallas no longer has a AHL affiliate to my knowledge and Anaheim wanted a team closer then Portland so they changed.

There not moving the team, theres still a team in Portland. They just changed affiliates. Dallas no longer has a AHL affiliate to my knowledge and Anaheim wanted a team closer then Portland so they changed.

The Dallas affiliate is moving to the Austin area (Cedar Park to be exact) into a brand new arena being built. It's going to be a completely new team, called the Texas Stars.

Speaking of an expansion team, which this team will be, how does the draft and such work? Since most of the AHL teams are populated with NHL team property, is there an expansion draft of sorts, or how will that work?

I'm just really excited to be getting an AHL team, and can't wait for the 09-10 season.

The Dallas affiliate is moving to the Austin area (Cedar Park to be exact) into a brand new arena being built. It's going to be a completely new team, called the Texas Stars.

Speaking of an expansion team, which this team will be, how does the draft and such work? Since most of the AHL teams are populated with NHL team property, is there an expansion draft of sorts, or how will that work?

I'm just really excited to be getting an AHL team, and can't wait for the 09-10 season.

Yeah I forgot about that. This season the Stars will be sending there prospects to several different teams. I heard Peoria is a main one. Not sure.

I don't know how drafts work in the AHL. I heard Windsor was suppose to have a Arena built by next season to host a AHL team as the Cincinnati Mighty Ducks owners want to move there. Haven't heard anything in a long time though.