• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest lnvincible

Is there any news on Fischer?

Rate this topic

Guest lnvincible

I was just curious because since that night i havnt heard anything about it :S.

They showed him at a home game not that long ago. I can't even remember if it was a playoff game, but I believe it was. I thought he was given a position with the Red Wings, in what capacity I am not sure. I just looked up the staff of the club, and he wasn't on any list of being employed. I am probably not much help, but I believe he is definetly around, he looked pysically healthy on camera. Hopefully he is in good health. I miss him.

As others have said he's in player development, and he makes appearances at charity events occasionally.

I'm pretty sure that he's made peace with the fact that he is more than capable of playing but his heart condition doesn't allow him the safety to know he can do that without having any future problems. Unless he has some breakthrough with his doctors that allows him to know he can play without repeating the on ice incident he went through before I would not expect to see him play in the NHL again.

Damn shame, he was a bigger meaner Kronwall, but good health > all so best wishes to him and his family.

The future this kid had in front of him is still there, yes it won't involve on ice hockey, but he is still involved in the Red Wings family, and his family his real future is healthy and growing.

Best of luck to him in the future and I have a feeling he will be around the Wings family for a long long time. With all of this work with players I wouldn't be surprised to see him behind the bench in some capacity!

Fischer was a great part of the team and was a physical prescence that he WIngs greatly valued. I am sad that he had to retire from hockey far before his time.

I am very happy to hear that he has a job with the team still. I hope that he lives a long prosperous life and keeps working with the Wingz

Not sure how much this helps, but just after I read through this thread I was reading a couple articles and came across this one about the Wings' rookie camp - http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...0309/1128/rss16 - Most of the artcle has nothing to do with Fischer but this part is about who was on the ice:

On ice, the camp is run by Jim Paek (Grand Rapids Griffins assistant coach), Jiri Fischer (Wings player development director), goaltending coach Jim Bedard and stickhandling coach Thomas Storm.
Edited by GSBrooks13

I see a lot of Fischer in Ericsson -- Fischer was a long project, so I would not be suprised if Ericsson is as well.

Fischer was an elite prospect coming out of juniors, and was DOMINANT at times in the 2002 playoff run.

Ericsson is miles behind Fischer developmentally; Fischer is only four years older. Ericsson is 24 right now. Fischer was already a key contributor to a Cup championship team at 22.

Furthermore...during Fischer's last season, he had been the Wings' best defenseman from the start of the season until the night he collapsed. That is noteworthy as far as his level of play given that Nicklas Lidstrom ended up winning the Norris. Fischer was 25 at the time, and probably the second best defenseman on the team overall; by now he might have become the best. Ericsson might be top six in the organization at 24. Might. He probably won't be as good at 28 as Fischer was at 25.

Furthermore...during Fischer's last season, he had been the Wings' best defenseman from the start of the season until the night he collapsed. That is noteworthy as far as his level of play given that Nicklas Lidstrom ended up winning the Norris.

Lol. I like how you say it like it is fact. Because it isn't. It's an opinion. And, in my opinion - a little off.

i always wonder if we wouldn't have more stanley cups right now if we didn't lose vladdy and fischer like we did...

That depends on if you believe we would have won in 98 if he hadn't gotten into that car accident.

i always wonder if we wouldn't have more stanley cups right now if we didn't lose vladdy and fischer like we did...

We likely would have won more Cups.

But we probably would not have Chelios or Stuart; our defense would look probably something like this:

Nicklas Lidstrom/Jiri Fischer

Niklas Kronwall/Vladimir Konstantinov

Anders Eriksson/Brett Lebda

That unit is just SICK. And 100% home-grown.

That depends on if you believe we would have won in 98 if he hadn't gotten into that car accident.

I think it would've been less likely that we would win in '98. But on that note, I'm sure that if it was in any way possible that I am not the only person who would directly give up the '98 Stanley Cup to reverse that accident.

I think it would've been less likely that we would win in '98. But on that note, I'm sure that if it was in any way possible that I am not the only person who would directly give up the '98 Stanley Cup to reverse that accident.

No doubt. Actually, just give up the 97 cup and the entire thing wouldn't have happened.

Fischer was an elite prospect coming out of juniors, and was DOMINANT at times in the 2002 playoff run.

Ericsson is miles behind Fischer developmentally; Fischer is only four years older. Ericsson is 24 right now. Fischer was already a key contributor to a Cup championship team at 22.

Furthermore...during Fischer's last season, he had been the Wings' best defenseman from the start of the season until the night he collapsed. That is noteworthy as far as his level of play given that Nicklas Lidstrom ended up winning the Norris. Fischer was 25 at the time, and probably the second best defenseman on the team overall; by now he might have become the best. Ericsson might be top six in the organization at 24. Might. He probably won't be as good at 28 as Fischer was at 25.

I forget how young Fischer was, and how old Ericsson is right now.

I always watched Fischer and caught myself thinging, "What if it all came together?" -- and it was finally starting to.

I get that same "What if it all came together?" with Ericsson. But you are right, he is definitely behind Fischer in development.

But we probably would not have Chelios or Stuart; our defense would look probably something like this:

Vladdy wouldn't be playing now at 40+ and Eriksson is average at best these days.

Edited by Doggy

Why Eriksson? If he wasnt dealt for Chelios, he would've been dealt at some point. He was on of, if not the most useless defenceman I've ever seen. He was avergae offensively, he was average defensively, and was just dumb on the ice. He was like a non-physical Lilja, last year with Calgary, he was just attrocious, he used to get booed off the ice some nights.

BTW, are we talking this year? If were going by hypotheticals, Schnieder is probably still here, or Rafalski is also here.