No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96warrior

2008-09 NHL Schedule Released

Rate this topic

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/

Sked will come out today

Posted by George James Malik July 10, 2008 08:11AM

The Detroit News's Ted Kulfan reports that the NHL's 2008-2009 regular season schedule will be released today. That should end all speculation as to whether the Detroit Red Wings and Chicago Blackhawks will take part in a "Winter Classic" on New Year's Day, 2009.

I just want to know when the season starts and where and about Chicago. And I hope it either says Chicago, and no stadium yet, or it says Solider Field. Wrigley would be cool cause well it's Wrigley but Solider will hold a lot more people and will give much better viewing. But I might just be dreaming there. But last year tickets were hard to come by at a place that holds like 70k. Wrigley will be gone quick.

I now think that MLIVE made a mistake. I read the full article and it says at the bottom that the schedule will be released Wednesday. Today is Thursday. I now think it's being released next Wednesday.

I now think that MLIVE made a mistake. I read the full article and it says at the bottom that the schedule will be released Wednesday. Today is Thursday. I now think it's being released next Wednesday.

Well, you're in for a virtual ass-kicking. :P

You're right. The schedule is usually released around noon eastern time the day of the MLB All-Star game......don't expect it today!!

You're right. The schedule is usually released around noon eastern time the day of the MLB All-Star game......don't expect it today!!

Yup, it will be released next Wednesday; it's normally released the day after the MLB All star game. This is the 1 day out of the year that no other pro sports are going on, so Bettman figures the NHL will receive the most attention... or something like that :blink:

I am so pumped that the Wings are playing a pre-season game in Halifax!.. I have been a huge Wings fan for as long as I can remember and this will be the first time I get to see them live.. even though with any luck I will be able to finally go down to Detroit and see a game at the Joe sometime this year, this game in Halifax will be a great warm-up

Edited by GSBrooks13

Guest mindfly

Do they usually broadcast the pre-season games or are they like totally random?

Well, you're in for a virtual ass-kicking. :P

I do believe that all anger and disappointment should be directed toward the MLIVE reporter. I was just the messenger and do not feel I am necessarily worthy of "a virtual ass-kicking". Just saying????