• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
96warrior

2008-09 NHL Schedule Released

Rate this topic

Wow, The Wings burn through their four games against Vancouver fast this season. I'll be making my two trips to GM Place less than a month apart.

Seems like an alright schedule.... Toronto for the home opener should be a really neat game, but it's too bad we don't play in Toronto as well.... One of my biggest complaints is the new years eve game not happening this year.... Thats something I've always remembered being so excited to watch every year since I was a kid, but this proves even more tradition doesn't matter to the NHL......

Detroit is playing the Winter Classic this year. Everything I've heard about the New Year's Game is that they don't really do anything special for it. I'll take the WC over a regular old game that happens to be played on the 1st.

Do you not pay attention?

The NHL said there would not be home and away games w/ every team months ago.

They chose to follow the 3rd year of the 3 year deal.

Sorry for not paying attention to every single detail of every single article about the schedule. :rolleyes:

I remember one article that theorized home and away games with every Eastern Conference team and that was all I had really read on the new schedule (aside from a few times when Bettman was on XM, where he also brought up the possibility of 15 home and away cross-conference games for each team).

Whatever, just means I won't have to pay an arm and a leg to see the Wings this season.

Hmm, Google doesn't seem to be accepting my CSV file (comes up with a 'Google Calendar not available' error, which isn't right). Opened the txt file in Excel, converted and saved it to a CSV (MS-DOS) and also tried CSV (comma delimited). Any other method that may be more compatible for GCal?

Edited by edicius

Of all the times I pick to go on vacation, I do it to miss watching the season opener and raising of the Stanley Cup Banner on TV. Ah well, that's why God invented recording on VCR. Thank goodness Versus is a local channel where I am from and it's not like the pre-game hoopla won't be on the Internet anyways. :P

Actually, where I will be in/around the Denver area for vacation, so it might be interesting to see another season opener live as the Avs opener is that night. :sly: I honestly don't really get into any rivalry aspect or don't really care one way or the other for the Avs so it'd be quite fun to possibly go. I like visiting new stadiums anyway.

As for the outdoor game at Wrigley, I'd love to go but ugh would be too expensive and I'm already paying money to go on this vacation in Colorado.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

I made the schedule (quick & dirty) into a tab-delimited text file, so you can import it into Outlook or whatever.

Go to http://andyandnoreen.com/redwings.html and then right-click/save the text file at the link. The times are all Eastern time.

For bonus ninja points, if you are not in the eastern (US) time zone, change your PC's timezone to eastern, import the text file, then set it back to your real time zone, then all of the times will be right. (this worked for me in XP on Outlook 2007).

This file and the instructions come with no warranty. Offer not valid in all 50 states. Professional drivers used. Do not try this at home. May cause drowsiness, headaches or priapism.

Thank you so much! I will have to import it when I get back into work on Monday.