• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Winged Scooter

Question about the NAHL

Rate this topic

I'm just throwing this out there...

I have to admit I don't know very much about Junior or Minor League hockey. Does anyone know that much about the North American Hockey League? Do players ever get drafted out of that league, or is it just a small starting point? The reason I ask is because my cousin just signed to play with the Kenai River Brown Bears this season.....

i think it's similar to the USHL, but no players from the NAHL were drafted in 2008, 2 were drafted in 2007 though (6th and 7th round though(

i think it's similar to the USHL, but no players from the NAHL were drafted in 2008, 2 were drafted in 2007 though (6th and 7th round though(

That's cool, thanks for the info. Heck, going in the 6th or 7th round is better than not going at all right? Hopefully my cousin will enjoy life in ALASKA! :lol:

The NAHL is a very good league, 2nd-best Junior league in the US, behind the USHL. While the NAHL doesn't have many NHL draft picks anymore, it does provide a lot of players to the NCAA. It's a viable route to pro hockey.